Shane Waldron approval rating poll

How much do you approve of Waldron being hired for OC?

• I hate the choice!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I'm not happy about the hire.

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • I'm indifferent to the hire.

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • I'm pretty happy with Waldron.

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • I am PUMPED AND JACKED!

Votes: 27 18.2%

• Total voters

sdog1981

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":wbyqy6yf said:
xray":wbyqy6yf said:
Shotty was an awesome choice too until he wasn't . I don't trust Carroll with important decisions anymore .

I don't recall that being the consensus when notable retread Brian Schottenheimer was hired, but alright.

He was hated from day one. Schotty was considered a failed OC before his time here in Seattle.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy. Just wish they would have checked with me, and they should have flown him up to Fairbanks, Alaska so that I could have interviewed him. But alas, I guess I'm just not as important as I'd like to think I am. :shock:

Probably the most interesting thing I read about him was that McVay let him call plays during the 2019 PreSeason. Was he grooming him to take over as OC?

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
sdog1981":22x45syv said:
Maelstrom787":22x45syv said:
xray":22x45syv said:
Shotty was an awesome choice too until he wasn't . I don't trust Carroll with important decisions anymore .

I don't recall that being the consensus when notable retread Brian Schottenheimer was hired, but alright.

He was hated from day one. Schotty was considered a failed OC before his time here in Seattle.

Yep. That's what I remember. An uninspiring choice who was hired because of his last name was the common reaction.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I defended the hire! And was vindicated!

P.S. I also called for the firing.... :mrgreen:

P.P.S.S. I've posted this in every Waldron thread I can find *pats self on back*

On Jake and Stacy today: "When it comes to Shane Waldron, I believe he was the best guy available. I believe he's a guy that's more than qualified to make this jump!"

Shane Waldron was Jake Heap's pick yesterday.

Jake's friend on the Rams staff told him "This is a bigger loss for us than people realize! Shane is a great match for Russ!

"Waldron was McVay's right-hand guy, and was the key member on that offensive staff, when it came to game planning each week!"

sdog1981

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3z66cmvf said:
sdog1981":3z66cmvf said:
Maelstrom787":3z66cmvf said:
xray":3z66cmvf said:

Yep. That's what I remember. An uninspiring choice who was hired because of his last name was the common reaction.

That being said, Schotty's performance shocked me. During the Bevell and Cable years, the team was awful in the red zone. Shotty got the team to be a top 5 red zone scoring team during his time here. Schotty was really bad on 3rd down conversions. Now if this new guy can fix that and keep the red zone offense going, I will be sold.

CPHawk

Reaction score
xray":3inaeuiu said:

No one thought that. Many around the nfl said he was the worst OC in the nfl, and couldn’t figure out why Seattle gave him a shot.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I hated the Schotty hire the second it was announced. I thought the first half of this season that perhaps I had been wrong.

I am indifferent to this hire. I do not know enough about his abilities to judge at this point. I wanted young and innovative but I worry that that means being over beholden to PC and thus back to a Pete Ball with a new goat to scape. I hope that I am wrong.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I have the same recollections of the Shottenheirmer hire as most here. No-one excited ab out and keeping a brave front in the barrage of jokes coming at us from Ram fans and Jets fans who had him before and other fan bases in general. Looking back he probably exceeded expectations based on day 1 comments - kind of a scary thought.

I also thought based on the first half of this year it was working out better than I thought originally,

chris98251

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":229l0p0d said:
I hated the Schotty hire the second it was announced. I thought the first half of this season that perhaps I had been wrong.

I am indifferent to this hire. I do not know enough about his abilities to judge at this point. I wanted young and innovative but I worry that that means being over beholden to PC and thus back to a Pete Ball with a new goat to scape. I hope that I am wrong.

I would rather have Syd Luckman , Bill Walsh, or Don Coryell, all of them would challenge Pete and our offense would be a scoring machine.

Young Dumb and full of cum, Chip Kelly anyone??????

The OC doesn't matter unless you have a system that fits the players you have on a team. Oh and is allowed to run the system he has installed.

Passing Team needs a O line that can pass block and a QB that can get the ball out and make reads, Run game needs guys that can dominate and push the line of scrimmage.

Ours don't do either consistently.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
sdog1981":3lyzcmab said:
Maelstrom787":3lyzcmab said:
sdog1981":3lyzcmab said:
Maelstrom787":3lyzcmab said:

That being said, Schotty's performance shocked me. During the Bevell and Cable years, the team was awful in the red zone. Shotty got the team to be a top 5 red zone scoring team during his time here. Schotty was really bad on 3rd down conversions. Now if this new guy can fix that and keep the red zone offense going, I will be sold.

Gotta agree. Seattle was definitely his most successful stop, and if he'd adjusted the offense to keep the ball rolling after the hot start, I'd be advocating for him to get head coaching interviews. Definitely better than I expected.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think this new guys chances for success fully ride on Pete and if he keeps his hands out of the offensive cookie jar.
If Pete meddles then this guy (or any guy) will fail.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Aros":2ptkxkza said:
pittpnthrs":2ptkxkza said:
I'm looking forward to the next hire 3 or 4 years from now when this one doesnt work out.

Admit it. It has to be completely and utterly debilitating to live with that level of perpetual negativity every single day.

Admit it. When the same issues plague the team year after year even you step back and think that statements like that have some merit. OC's come and go and the offense stays the same. Do the math.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1z2x4m3z said:
Aros":1z2x4m3z said:
pittpnthrs":1z2x4m3z said:
I'm looking forward to the next hire 3 or 4 years from now when this one doesnt work out.

Admit it. It has to be completely and utterly debilitating to live with that level of perpetual negativity every single day.

Admit it. When the same issues plague the team year after year even you step back and think that statements like that have some merit. OC's come and go and the offense stays the same. Do the math.

>Offense stays the same

Gonna have to stop you there, bub, because that aint it.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":37e4rwq9 said:
I think this new guys chances for success fully ride on Pete and if he keeps his hands out of the offensive cookie jar.
If Pete meddles then this guy (or any guy) will fail.
:ditto:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":ey8r3rmq said:
pittpnthrs":ey8r3rmq said:
Aros":ey8r3rmq said:
pittpnthrs":ey8r3rmq said:

>Offense stays the same

Predictable play calls, always looking for the home run, snapping the ball with no time on the clock, etc,,,. That doesnt sound familiar to you? No matter, I know you'll never agree with it, but i'm used to the whole Deja Vu scenario year after year.

balakoth

Reaction score
hawks85":2zeb5b3v said:
I am neutral on this until I know if he can bring is own playbook. Schotty wasn't allowed to bring his and had to use Petey boy's offensive playbook and work with that.

Where did you gather Schotty didn't? Since the playcalling was exactly his MO and what he did with other teams in the past....

Just curious if it's an opinion, or a source formulated fact?

balakoth

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":32vxsb4p said:
Maelstrom787":32vxsb4p said:
pittpnthrs":32vxsb4p said:
Aros":32vxsb4p said:

>Offense stays the same

Predictable play calls, always looking for the home run, snapping the ball with no time on the clock, etc,,,. That doesnt sound familiar to you? No matter, I know you'll never agree with it, but i'm used to the whole Deja Vu scenario year after year.

As predictable as your positivity.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":354in1t7 said:
Maelstrom787":354in1t7 said:
pittpnthrs":354in1t7 said:
Aros":354in1t7 said:

>Offense stays the same

I mean, there were definitely some familiar parts and I can definitely agree there, but it's a big stretch to call the offense the same when so much about it fundamentally changed last year. Guess I took it to mean same type of offense in all facets, but their methodology totally changed.