Shane Waldron approval rating poll

How much do you approve of Waldron being hired for OC?

• I hate the choice!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I'm not happy about the hire.

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • I'm indifferent to the hire.

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • I'm pretty happy with Waldron.

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • I am PUMPED AND JACKED!

Votes: 27 18.2%

• Total voters

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sea84hawks":1r9d94rp said:
This is hilarious.. He ain't changing anything when you have a QB that has so many limitations. Any magic way to get the wr wide open 30 yards deep?

One play that stuck out to me in the NFCCG. Green bays backed way up in the own end zone. Rodgers takes the snap, moves the pocket to his right, he finds a wide receiver for 15ish yards. First down, out of trouble, drive is moving.

How many times did Schotty move the pocket in the Super wild card game?????

Another play that stuck out to me in the college football playoff, then in Green bays game vs the Rams. Both Ala and Green Bay need 2 to 5 yards to score. Davonta smith/Davonte Adams go in motion left to right. Come set, go in motion right to left, stop and burst back right, the ball is snapped. Smith and Adams are Wide open in the endzone for the score.
Whens the last time you saw anything like that from Schotty?

The same green bay v rams game. GB pounded the rock, they had all 3 rb's humming. And when Rodgers did throw, short, quick, get the ball out because Aaron Donalds coming after him. Heck we saw that game plan vs Washington and just completely ignored it in the WC round. Inexcusable.

You can focus on the run, and establish that and still not just send guys deep every time you do pass it. Get creative. FREAKING ADJUST ON THE FLY. We should of known after the Dallas playoff loss where shotty refused to abandon the running game that in game adjustments just aren't his thing.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1hrjwqg3 said:
I'm looking forward to the next hire 3 or 4 years from now when this one doesnt work out.

Admit it. It has to be completely and utterly debilitating to live with that level of perpetual negativity every single day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So many limitations? He's a future HOF, and this team doesn't sniff the playoffs w/out him.
Russ can do anything on the field.
Thanks for the laugh though......

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Given our situation I would have taken a at the college ranks to find a guy who is proficient in RPO offensive scheme, at least for consideration. Waldron has accumulated some nfl experience and maybe that's a plus, but I also thing there may be value in bringing in a guy who has what are actually fresh ideas. So I'm looking at this hire in the indifferent mode.

kf3339

Reaction score
I chose indifferent only because my real choice of moderately optimistic wasn't an option. So much rides on PC's willingness to stay out of the offensive side of the ball. If he does in fact allow our new OC that latitude then this becomes a pretty optimistic hire. If not, then it will be a failure.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Indifferent. Only because Pete is still the HC and I don't think much will change as long as that is the case.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
WmHBonney":363g2mpb said:
Indifferent. Only because Pete is still the HC and I don't think much will change as long as that is the case.

To the people with this viewpoint:

Why would Pete hire Waldron if this was the case?

Why take a risk on a young passing game coordinator whos forte is clearly innovative schemes if you plan on continuing to plod the same old thing out there?

I understand the sentiment, but this hire says that his plan, at least, is to break out of that former approach.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is his first time as an OC at any level. Jeremy Bates was the last time Pete brought a new OC to the staff.

Chawker

Reaction score
Indifferent

He has to prove to me that he is committed to running the ball. Without a good running game Russ will get hurt at some point. More two back set are required and less RPO's.

Single back sets on first downs are just stupidity looking you in the face. Pete !

nwHawk

Reaction score
I have to admit, I could not figure out why the heck the Hawks didn’t run 2 back sets and at least give the defense something extra to think about. With as much line penetration as experienced it would have at least allowed the first penetrating d-lineman to get blocked. Play action effectiveness would have gone up.

It killed me to see Hollister in on so many run blocking plays. The guy was dreadful.

I am hopeful that Waldron can make a positive impact on our TEs.

xray

Reaction score
Shotty was an awesome choice too until he wasn't . I don't trust Carroll with important decisions anymore .

hawks85

Reaction score
I am neutral on this until I know if he can bring is own playbook. Schotty wasn't allowed to bring his and had to use Petey boy's offensive playbook and work with that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
So, we let go of a Schotty, & now we have a Waldo?, or is it Waldy? :mrgreen:
I chose the "Very Happy" with my vote. :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
xray":q81hxgoc said:
Shotty was an awesome choice too until he wasn't . I don't trust Carroll with important decisions anymore .

I don't recall that being the consensus when notable retread Brian Schottenheimer was hired, but alright.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Aros":162thzcd said:
pittpnthrs":162thzcd said:
I'm looking forward to the next hire 3 or 4 years from now when this one doesnt work out.

Admit it. It has to be completely and utterly debilitating to live with that level of perpetual negativity every single day.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. And I thought I was a glass half empty guy. :lol:

TraderGary

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2p6uc49p said:
WmHBonney":2p6uc49p said:

Why take a risk on a young passing game coordinator whos forte is clearly innovative schemes if you plan on continuing to plod the same old thing out there?

I understand the sentiment, but this hire says that his plan, at least, is to break out of that former approach.
Hawkpower, I really hope you're right. I desperately want to believe this is true, but until proven otherwise, I just don't trust Pete. Particularly with a rookie OC.

ducks41468

Reaction score
xray":3dv2odzc said:

The Schotty hire was widely panned as soon as it happened. I do recall the Dan Quinn hire being pretty well regarded on this board and that turned out alright.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TraderGary":kfvre5zl said:
Hawkpower":kfvre5zl said:
WmHBonney":kfvre5zl said:

Hawkpower, I really hope you're right. I desperately want to believe this is true, but until proven otherwise, I just don't trust Pete. Particularly with a rookie OC.

I totally hear that. You aren't wrong.

I just think his intention is go about things differently offensively otherwise this hire makes no sense whatsoever.

Now.....will he have the self control to stay out of it down the road? That may be a different story. But I have to think that's his intention based on his choice of coordinator.