Seattle's defense ranked number 1 again

Keyhawk

Reaction score
The below rankings are after week 3 and are based on average yards per game.

Defense:
Total yards allowed per game - 241.7 - ranked 1 in NFL
Passing yards allowed per game - 146.7 - ranked 1 in NFL
Rushing yards allowed per game - 95.0 - ranked 12 in NLF

Offense:
Total yards per game - 379.7 - ranked 8 in NFL
Passing yards per game - 264.3 - ranked 17 in NFL
Rushing yards per game - 132.7 - ranked 8 in NFL

Houston Texans are ranked number 2 in NFL in total defense and pass defense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bytea ... up=Offense

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Points per game is a far better indicator, and we're #1 with a bang, a bullet, and a bomb, there. :D

9 points allowed per game, and it's only that high because our backups gave up some to the Jaguars, and an unfortunate Wilson pick where they started on like, our 7-yard line. 11.3 points per game is where #2 and #3 are tied at, Patriots/Chiefs.

Our defense is sick. :0190l:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Point differential really shows the dominance of a teams and Seattle leads the league despite struggling on offense the first 2 weeks:

Seahawks + 59
Broncos +56
Chiefs +37
Saints +32
Panthers +32 (thanks to the blowout of the G-men)
Cowboys +28
Patriots +25
Dolphins +21
Bears +21
Colts +20

These top 10 differential teams are a combined 26-4.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":387lasv5 said:
Points per game is a far better indicator, and we're #1 with a bang, a bullet, and a bomb, there. :D

9 points allowed per game, and it's only that high because our backups gave up some to the Jaguars, and an unfortunate Wilson pick where they started on like, our 7-yard line. 11.3 points per game is where #2 and #3 are tied at, Patriots/Chiefs.

Make that the 2 yard line. It was basically a free 7 points for the Jags there.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39202edf said:
HawkFan72":39202edf said:
Make that the 2 yard line. It was basically a free 7 points for the Jags there.

Ah; definitely a free score for them, yeah.

Yep. I say we cut Wilson now. Send a message to the rest of the team that interceptions will not be tolerated.

:sarcasm_off:

nsport

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2xindsu0 said:
Point differential really shows the dominance of a teams and Seattle leads the league despite struggling on offense the first 2 weeks:

Seahawks + 59
Broncos +56
Chiefs +37
Saints +32
Panthers +32 (thanks to the blowout of the G-men)
Cowboys +28
Patriots +25
Dolphins +21
Bears +21
Colts +20

These top 10 differential teams are a combined 26-4.

Great stat! This is an indicator of good things of the past, as well as good things in the future!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fkdfmhx said:

Love me some Wilson but lets call it what it was... a bad pass that he knows better than to throw.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Panthers might be the only losing team on that list, however, they are definitely a hell a lot better than the 49ers. Give them Buffalo at Home and the Giants on the Road and you're easily looking at a 2-1 team with some quality talent andwithin a fighting chance to be 3-0 but let's not go there. Yet I suppose losing by 5 points vs Seahawks fumbling a possible go ahead score with 5 minutes and 1-3 points @ Buffalo failing to prevent a score literally seconds on the game clock is pretty much the definition of within a fighting chance.

The Saints matchup is going to a big game at the Clink, I knew some of us pondered whether or not they would be competitive but they are 3-0 and playing dominant for now, so kudos for them bouncing back.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ae679p1 said:
RolandDeschain":1ae679p1 said:

Love me some Wilson but lets call it what it was... a bad pass that he knows better than to throw.

yep. Won't disagree. Listening to Pete on the radio, it sounded like he had a plan, but looking at the execution I'd have to say it was a bad plan. But he's a second year starter and second year anythings are going to make a few bonehead mistakes.

Cool thing about Rusty though, I doubt he makes that same mistake twice. So better he have a little learning experience in a blowout to the lowly Jags than during the playoffs with the game on the line...

That defense is pretty amazing though. We could approach the same rare air as the 2000 Ravens or the 2002 Bucs or the 86 Bears before this is all said and done. Epic.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Still too many points allowed and rushing yards allowed. I demand total domination on defense.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Houston has a solid defense, but they're giving up too many points and they don't create many turnovers.

If the offense can move the ball, they're going to score. If we can create turnovers, we're probably going to win, IF the offense holds onto the ball.

formido

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2mwv0i8x said:
RolandDeschain":2mwv0i8x said:

I think that's privileging the outcome. I bet Wilson makes that pass again and 8 times out of 10 completes it and .2 times out of 10 throws an interception.

cover-2

Reaction score
When this season is over people will no longer talk about the 85' Bears as the best defense ever. It'll be the 2013 Seahawks as the best defense ever!

More pressure on opposing QB's this year = more interceptions for the Legion of Boom.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
cover-2":1d4lp30e said:
When this season is over people will no longer talk about the 85' Bears as the best defense ever. It'll be the 2013 Seahawks as the best defense ever!

More pressure on opposing QB's this year = more interceptions for the Legion of Boom.

Not if we keep putting in backups. :(

12th_Bob

Reaction score
With Hill coming back plus McDonald looking good and the amazing play of Bennett I can't wait to see Irvin plus Clemons on the edges and the terror crashing the middle. This could be a legendary pass rush after this next week.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
It's definitely going to be interesting. Consider we haven't even played near full strength on defense yet. If we are even close to the conversation of the 85 bears, 2000 Ravens or 02 bucs you should also factor in the schedule we are doing it in. I'd be willing to bet those teams in those amazing years were padded with some easy Jag's type games. Don't know for sure but that usually is how it works.

Amazing though. This offense has shown it can be as dangerous as any in the league. Is it fair to back it up with a once in a generation defense?

:kool-aid: It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes, I am getting so hot I wanna take my clothes off. :thRocks:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":79xipcoa said:
RolandDeschain":79xipcoa said:

There is just no in-between with certain posts. He admitted he was wrong in his press conference, so why even take issue with semantics like you're uncovering some deep, dark terrible truth? And wrong or not, I take comfort in the fact the he's capable of making that exact throw and that the ball hit the WR's hands before bouncing to a defender. :p

Latest posts