Seattle Sounders 2021 season.

Threedee

Reaction score
Time to win some league matches. It would be hilarious if they won CONCACAF and missed the MLS playoffs.

JPatera76

Reaction score
SHAGGY! Your missing a Seattle team in the Washington Sports teams section. ;)

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
You all think there needs to be a Sounders section? May not have enough activity....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Had one in the past and it was pretty good.
I’m not a die hard soccer fan myself but they got a very loyal fanbase (see 65,000+ fans tonight @ the game).

I’m happy for the Sounders and their fanbase tonight.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, congrats Sounders fans on your team winning CONCACAF.

The Simpsons Fire GIF

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You all think there needs to be a Sounders section? May not have enough activity....

Idk how many sports forums you need, that's your call. But it's weird that there's a XFL and Dragons forum, but not a Sounders forum?

Those are far more niche sports then soccer is with Seattle sports fans.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Idk how many sports forums you need, that's your call. But it's weird that there's a XFL and Dragons forum, but not a Sounders forum?

Your right. I just wasnt sure how active members are here with the Sounders as I dont watch soccer much. I'll add one in.

XFL section is up because it was already here.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score

Also, I'm a little OCD when it comes to forum layouts and with a dedicated forum section for teams, it betters the chance of getting new members looking to talk about the teams from search engines. It also sparks a little more activity from members here when there is a dedicated forum section for said team. So it's a win, win, win..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Also, I'm a little OCD when it comes to forum layouts and with a dedicated forum section for teams, it betters the chance of getting new members looking to talk about the teams from search engines. It also sparks a little more activity from members here when there is a dedicated forum section for said team. So it's a win, win, win..

No worries Shaggy.

IMO you've done a fantastic job. The new forum is awesome, I think we all appreciate all your hard work.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
No worries Shaggy.

IMO you've done a fantastic job. The new forum is awesome, I think we all appreciate all your hard work.

Thanks! I've been enjoying getting to where it is now. Always fun taking an outdated forum and updating with new bells and whistles.

sutz

Reaction score
On the OP, there is quite a bit of Sounders support around here. I was surprised about it at first, but it is probably as strong as the Kraken support, at least.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Not sure we even need an XFL/Dragons forum anymore. I personally have zero interest in them. Or are there rumors that the XFL might be resurrected once again?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
If you search for "Sounders" today on google you get green fireworks over the search results.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
On the OP, there is quite a bit of Sounders support around here. I was surprised about it at first, but it is probably a strong as the Kraken support, at least.

Just my two cents.

Without Si here soccer support drops dramatically.

But I agree, and I'm biased cause I'm a Sounders supporter, and soccer in general.

So I'm all in.......and congrats Sounders. What an amazing match, for a city and club that deserves every bit of it.

FR9wWaSUcAIJLEQformatjpgnamesmall

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Looking likely that Joao Paulo's injury is an ACL tear. Unfortunate damper on the celebration.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Looking likely that Joao Paulo's injury is an ACL tear. Unfortunate damper on the celebration.

I saw that.

I never like to cry foul play, but it was VERY evident that Puma's tactic early on was to foul as much as possible to not only get the Sounders out of rhythm, but to try to force Schmetzer into his bench with hard fouls and injuries.

Not saying Pumas was purposefully trying to take out Sounders players, but it's no secret that the biggest advantage Mexican clubs have over MLS clubs is depth. Get into a MLS club's bench where the talent drop off is usually significant? That's the usual tactic of Mexican clubs,

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I saw that.

I never like to cry foul play, but it was VERY evident that Puma's tactic early on was to foul as much as possible to not only get the Sounders out of rhythm, but to try to force Schmetzer into his bench with hard fouls and injuries.

Not saying Pumas was purposefully trying to take out Sounders players, but it's no secret that the biggest advantage Mexican clubs have over MLS clubs is depth. Get into a MLS club's bench where the talent drop off is usually significant? That's the usual tactic of Mexican clubs,
I agree that Pumas was playing a dirty game last night (hell they should have had a red card early in the first leg which would have changed that game a great deal), but I think Paulo's injury was just bad luck.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
I agree that Pumas was playing a dirty game last night (hell they should have had a red card early in the first leg which would have changed that game a great deal), but I think Paulo's injury was just bad luck.

Nouhu foul was dirty. Paolo was non-contact. There should have been at least one red from yellow accumulation on the RB

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Nouhu foul was dirty. Paolo was non-contact. There should have been at least one red from yellow accumulation on the RB

I think if either of these fouls happened in the 2nd half after numerous warnings to the Pumas players from the head ref, one of them would have been a straight red.

But that's a VERY hard spot for a ref to be in, he did his best IMO to not decide a championship match in the 15th minute by handing out a red. Even though he could have.