Seattle Mariners vs Houston Astros Series thread 4/15-4/17

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
These last 2 wins feel somewhat season saving. 2-6 would have been a gut punch facing Verlander tomorrow.
You don't want to say shit like that this early in the season, but yeah, they were putting out a "same old Mariners" vibe for a few games. Hopefully this continues. The Stros are the bad boys on the block and the team we need to beat. I don't want to just sneak into the expanded playoffs this year, I want to kick the door in and storm in like we belong there. :)

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I know for a fact that there were at least 2 or 3 hits last night that when it warms up and dries out a bit would be in the stands. Lot of good hard contact. I hope that continues.

balakoth

Reaction score
Tonight though they just aren't hitting quality pitching.... This is troublesome

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Yes, our bipolar hitting went low tonight.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I'm glad they sent Brash out there in the 6th. I'm also glad they had a quick hook before things got out of hand.

Struggled most of his outing, but got bailed out some great defense. Still on the hook for the win.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Not 100% sold on the offense until the Wink gets going.
At least they have enough bats so that when one guy struggles it doesn't shut everything down. They did score 7 with Hanny out. ;)

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
One thing the team has to do is beat division opponents in our own house. This series was a good start. Hopefully it continues through the season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Brash didn’t have much control but got bailed out by the double play a lot. I think at one point he had four double plays in as many innings.

The offense needs to get more consistent. I’m kind of surprised Crawford isn’t hitting lead off or second. Also surprised Suarez is hitting where he is. I’m confident Winker will start hitting.

Feels like we are still a bat and pitcher short of really contending.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Brash was off but his heaters were scaring them enough of getting
hit to not be set easy to hit aggressive.
I liked the fact when he had guys on base from walks that he can
focus enough to give them a pitch to hit ground balls.
Trust me when he gets more starts as it warms up we will see him
do amazing pitching with a lot less walks.