Seattle Mariners vs Chicago White Sox Sep 5-7

balakoth

Reaction score
Pretty sure he is referencing the fact the M’s were stuck in that rain delay for hours, then had to play extra innings, then had to travel back home and play a day game the next day.

Think about it from a players perspective. Play an 8 hour game. Fly back to Seattle, probably don’t get in until after 2 AM. By the time players get home and to bed it’s close to 3 or 4 AM. Then back to the ball park the next day. I think that’s gassed.

We lost, just win the next game.
Ah Gotcha. My bad

I feel that from my and I's weekend for business. While I expect them to be highly trained people... sleep is golden!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When they were sitting at 0 for 8 with RISP, I was about to throw my remote thru the tv. Then, Mr. Clutch Cal took care of it.
This team clearly does their best work from the 8th inning on. Amazing pitching on both sided yesterday. That being said, they HAVE TO get better at hitting with guys on base. The Pitching can't be perfect every game.
Also, it's time to give Haggerty WAY more playing time than Winker. I like Winker, but he is struggling big time. Sevais is WAY too loyal imo.

Bobblehead

Reaction score

and we can't lose to a guy sporting a bun, can we?

TIMD

Reaction score
M's finally score more than 3 runs at home for once & as totally predictable..... The M's best pitcher gives up more. "That's baseball"...... 45 years & counting of Seattle Mariners baseball

TIMD

Reaction score
6 damn runs to a garbage ass .500 team

Ruminator

Reaction score
Though the Sox are currently 68-68, they are still in playoff contention. It's like Castillo forgot the Sox are hungry to make something happen.

TIMD

Reaction score
68-68 is garbage. .500 is mediocre.
Take out separate 14 & 7 game win streaks & the M's are mediocre

TIMD

Reaction score
Winker is a terrible outfielder by the way.... Almost as bad as his atrocious hitting this year. Jesse Beltre/Adrian Winker

Chapow

Reaction score
Take out separate 14 & 7 game win streaks & the M's are mediocre

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, just take out 21 of their wins and they're mediocre. Super great point.

I guess the flip side of that would be, just take out 21 loses and they're amazing.... but that would be idiotic because you can't take away 21 loses. Kind of like how you can't take away 21 wins.

TIMD

Reaction score

Yeah, just take out 21 of their wins and they're mediocre. Super great point.

I guess the flip side of that would be, just take out 21 loses and they're amazing.... but that would be idiotic because you can't take away 21 loses. Kind of like how you can't take away 21 wins.
No...... It's saying had they played to their real number over those 21 games, perhaps 12-9 or 13-8, they would be about a .500 team. Which is what this 2 run per game at home team is. They actually score 4 home games worth of runs today & the pitching unravels. Seattle Mariners Baseball at its finest.

TIMD

Reaction score
Some of my venom towards this game today is from the fact that I have been watching off & on while at work. I have seen 6 White Sox runs score & Zero from Seattle.

Chapow

Reaction score
No...... It's saying had they played to their real number over those 21 games, perhaps 12-9 or 13-8, they would be about a .500 team. Which is what this 2 run per game at home team is. They actually score 4 home games worth of runs today & the pitching unravels. Seattle Mariners Baseball at its finest.

Ah, gotcha. So if 13-8 over 21 games played is their "real number", then if they had played to their "real number" back in April and May, they would have a much better record now? Or does it not work both ways?