Seattle Mariners @ Detrot Tigers Aug 30-Sep 1

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
First "bad" outing for Castillo in months. And it wasn't even horrible. Just for HIS standards. I couldn't worry about Castillo if I tried. Gilbert does look tired though. We all know what he can do.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Shaky innings. Castillo had them his last two starts. Not sounding the klaxxon alarm or anything. Still generally dominant, but hope he gets run support when needed.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Day game today. First pitch at 10:10 am PDT

LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (3-3, 3.60 ERA) vs. RHP Logan Gilbert (10-5, 3.49 ERA)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Brutal early start! Good for home team, bad for visiting team. But, we'll beat them anyway.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Oh how we east-coasters love a good 1pm first pitch! Sure beats the hell out of the 10pm week-night games.
i enjoy it as a mid westerner as well. a 12pm start is nice

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
JULIOOOOOOO!!!
FRAAAAAAANCE!!!!

Back to Back!!! Yeah, that Julio guy is SOOOOO overrated. 22nd on the year to go along with all those stolen bases and his all star appearance. And his almost certain ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AWARD. And he's all of 21 years old :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And France is BACK. So big for this team. I still think he was playing thru pain. Because all the sudden, he's the consistent beast at the plate. Dude is on FIRE.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I dont feel JP is 100% still.. he looks very tense like he's still sore but at this point just toughing it out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, he's def. playing thru pain too. His presence alone, along with his amazing defense and leadership is huge. Fingers crossed he gets healthy for the stretch run here.
Side note: France is ON FIRE

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Gilbert look like he has extra juice today? He is not only locked in, his velocity is up there.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Gilbert look like he has extra juice today? He is not only locked in, his velocity is up there.
For the most part he looks good, but he is also facing one of the worst offensive teams.

I’m somewhere in the middle on Gilbert. I’m not panicking about his 5+ ERA over his last few starts, but he definitely doesn’t look like an ace anymore. I do think there is a very real discussion on who would be the #3 starter between him and Kirby in the playoffs.