Seahawks Will Be Put Up for Sale, Per Insider

ivotuk

Reaction score
This article seems to give a bit more information on the situation of Paul's Will. https://sports.yahoo.com/seahawks-sale-soon-nfl-source-194023262.html

I don't think Jody wants to let the Hawks go to someone else. I could see them selling off the Trailblazers and Jody keeping the Seahawks.
Good article. That Canzano guy is a radio guy in Portland and knows squat.

A league source told the TNT Tuesday [May 24th]: “Since Jody Allen took over (as chair of the Seahawks following her brother’s death), there’s been no indication the Seahawks are up for sale” by the Paul G. Allen Trust.

“The team is not for sale.”

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have no idea who that guy is Tod. Jimmy Garoppolo?

It's Chris Hansen, the man who wanted to build a stadium in the SODO area of downtown Seattle to bring the Sonics back. His efforts were thwarted by the Port of Seattle and the Seattle Council. He was going to pay for the whole thing himself. Would love if he became our future owner.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Frodos,

Not saying it does not make sense for the NFL to get Bezos. But it doesn't make sense for Bezo to buy a Seattle team.

It makes more sense for both Bezos and the NFL, for him to buy the WFT.

VA is where the money and resources for Amazon growth are going to go. And Amazon will want the government resources (how do you think they got AWS?) too.

WA was a starting point for Amazon. Bezos was from somewhere else (TX?). He picked it because it had lower costs at the time, great shipping, rail, and a good tech community he could build from. He isn't a Seattle guy. He isn't a WA guy really at all.

It has always been a point of contention with our politicians that Bezos was never as involved (ie doesn't give to pet projects, charities, support candidates, etc) as other business leaders in the PNW.

IF Bezos buys a team, I highly highly doubt it would be the Seahawks.
(And btw, ask Amazonians about how tightly he controls expenses...)

Go12's

Reaction score
No owner will be as good as Paul was. Paul was one of the top owners in the league for almost a decade.

We have to just hope:

1 - We can keep them

2 - They don't turn them into the Mariners (or worse, the Sonics)
I think the Nordstrom family were also good owners. Let's just hope Ken Behring doesn't have a few billion laying around. Can't believe he purchased the franchise for $80 million back in the 80's. Hands down worst owner in the franchises history.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I think the Nordstrom family were also good owners. Let's just hope Ken Behring doesn't have a few billion laying around. Can't believe he purchased the franchise for $80 million back in the 80's. Hands down worst owner in the franchises history.
Mr. Behring sold the couch back in 2019.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Its inevitable. Jody has no interest in the team. Its why she's letting Pete run the whole show. The Seahawks will be better off if they are sold.
I mean.... she seemed pretty pumped and excited in the draft room with PC and JS... and a brief Holmgren appearance in the draft room. Seems to me shes very much interested in the team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I have no idea if Jody Allen is a good owner, but be careful what you wish for if you're happy the team has to be sold.

Seattle doesn't have the best track record with pro sports team's ownership. In fact, outside of Paul himself and the Sounder's ownership, it's downright dreadful.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's Chris Hansen, the man who wanted to build a stadium in the SODO area of downtown Seattle to bring the Sonics back. His efforts were thwarted by the Port of Seattle and the Seattle Council. He was going to pay for the whole thing himself. Would love if he became our future owner.
Oh yeah! Forgot abut that! Dude seemed legit, but greed and power hungry politicians derailed the whole thing. As soon as he spent all the money and effort tying to get it going, others tried to take advantage of it and horn in on the project. At least that's my prespective.

sdog1981

Reaction score
My conspiracy theory is Jody Allen wanted to keep the teams then had to deal with Wilson drama and Damian Lillard drama in the same year. She now thinks team ownership is just too much of a pain in the butt.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I have no idea if Jody Allen is a good owner, but be careful what you wish for if you're happy the team has to be sold.

Seattle doesn't have the best track record with pro sports team's ownership. In fact, outside of Paul himself and the Sounder's ownership, it's downright dreadful.
Jury still out on Kraken ownership, but they seemed committed to building a winner.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor sounds like he wants in on something involving the sale of the Seahawks.

Latest posts