Seahawks Will Be Put Up for Sale, Per Insider

pmedic920

Reaction score
I don’t have any say in who the new owner/owners are, nor do I have anything to say about the Seahawks being offered up.

What I know is this, my allegiance is with with the Seattle Seahawks.

Should a physical move or name change happen as a result of a sale, well I guess I’ll buy Texan season tickets while they are available and reasonable. (As I vomit a little in my own mouth)

rigelian

Reaction score
I am about as interested in the Oklahoma Thunder as I am a piece of lint in my neighbor's dresser drawer. So for me, any Seattle team relocating would essentially erase most if not all of my interest in them. But that's just me.
I haven't watched an NBA game since the Sonics left. I would probably feel the same about a Seahawks team that went to another city.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am a SEATTLE SEAHAWKS diehard. Have been from day uno. If god forbid a new owner pulled a Sonics, It would not only kill my allegiance to that new team (after all they aren't the SEATTLE Seahawks anymore if they move), it would severely damage my relationship with the NFL, the only pro sports I really follow and have all my life. Not unlike what happened when the Sonics left. I have yet to watch one whole NBA game (including playoffs and finals) since the Sonics were taken from Seattle.

While I might not be as harsh with the NFL, it would be a massive detriment to my watching games knowing the Seattle Seahawks are not in the league.

Last edited:

m0ng0

Reaction score
I haven't watched an NBA game since the Sonics left. I would probably feel the same about a Seahawks team that went to another city.
Yep I lived in Denver the year the Avalanche came to town and Rockies built Coors field but when I moved back to the Northwest they were still my Hockey team and the Rockies are my National league team. However if the Blazers and or the Seahawks leave they are dead to me and I will just stop caring about either league.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Everything Heavy.com prints is BS. Jodie Allen and the Hawks have said over and over the team is not for sale.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Everything Heavy.com prints is BS. Jodie Allen and the Hawks have said over and over the team is not for sale.

OKay the n try this too

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/5/2...han-many-expect-paul-jody-allen-estate-vulcan

At some point, the Hawks must be sold according to Paul Allens Trust

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...-allen-will-sell-the-seahawks-despite-rumors/

Canzano noted further that Allen’s trust, established in 1993, directed that his assets be sold upon his death and used to “fund his passion projects,” according to a source. “None of this is up in the air,” the source told Canzano. “The instructions are clear: The sports franchises and everything in the trust must be sold.”

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Seahawks not moving. Sold yes! I know sonics have us scared. But we have too much of a strong hold of the PNW market. (Which is growing in size) the owners and NFL would never let this happen.

acer1240

Reaction score
OKay the n try this too

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/5/2...han-many-expect-paul-jody-allen-estate-vulcan

At some point, the Hawks must be sold according to Paul Allens Trust

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...-allen-will-sell-the-seahawks-despite-rumors/

Canzano noted further that Allen’s trust, established in 1993, directed that his assets be sold upon his death and used to “fund his passion projects,” according to a source. “None of this is up in the air,” the source told Canzano. “The instructions are clear: The sports franchises and everything in the trust must be sold.”
Thanks for these links. Interesting stuff in there.

Torc

Reaction score
The team owns the stadium correct?
They do not. The Washington State Public Stadium Authority owns it. The PSA website has a FAQ about their role and the team's role: https://stadium.org/meet-psa/faqs/

TLDR: The state owns the stadium, the Seahawks are the primary tenant. NFL teams don't want to be the owners of stadiums because then they have to pay to maintain them and can't complain to the state (and threaten to move) when they're out of date.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Its crazy that he bought the Seahawks in 1997 for $200 million. Its now worth well over 3.5 Billion. That's a massive jump even with inflation.
At the time we played in the crappy Kingdome, and now have a state-of-the-art stadium. And sports teams just do well as assets.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
At the time we played in the crappy Kingdome, and now have a state-of-the-art stadium. And sports teams just do well as assets.

For sure. Things have changed in every sports over the last 20 years. More money to be made from TV networks in general.

Rainger

Reaction score