Seahawks trade Ugo Amadi for WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Wait WHAT?! I'm not sure how I feel about this, as I've heard Ugo was playing pretty decently in the slot and all I've heard from Eagles fans about Whiteside are complaints that they didn't take Metcalf...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Ugo wasn't gonna make the roster, just used him to jump the waiver line. whatevs.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yup, was gonna' get released anyway. No hurt in bringing in another WR. If he doesn't look the part, release him.
Also, this could be a BAD sign that they don't expect Eskridge back any time soon. That would suck, but there's always that possibility. I hope not, the kid clearly has talent.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Might as well grab a corresponding roster move if you're releasing Ugo anyway. JJ might have something untapped, who knows.

Could be looking at him as Parkinson competition. JJ was switching to TE with the Eagles somewhat recently

uncle fester

Reaction score
JJAW had moved to Tight End this season. More of a Special Teams move for Seattle?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Again, what about Eskridge. I'm starting to get concerned he's going to miss yet more time.
I think they're different enough in play style that they're not in direct competition with each other. If it were another quick receiver with experience on sweeps, I'd be worried. JJ's a slow 6'5" physical target.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Different styles no doubt, but I can't be the only one who's a little concerned about how much time Eskridge has missed.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Eagles fans hate JJAW. Like, with a passion.

They have been calling for Whitesides head after seeing how good other teams drafted receivers, very notably, DK Metcalf.

And Seattle trades for him. At least get a late round draft pick for Ugo. Not this bum.

JJAW will probably be cut anyways.

Don’t really understand this move. At all.

Own The West

Reaction score

"Earlier in the day, reports out of Seattle indicated the Seahawks planned to cut Amadi.

Instead, we get a swap of players who wouldn't likely make the final rosters in their respective cities. Now Arcega-Whiteside and Amadi have a fresh chance to make a squad before rosters are set."

Ran a 4.5, so not slow by normal human standards. Probably played with Parkinson at Stanford -- not that that matters. If he's had reps at TE maybe he's big WR that can block, somewhere between Fant and DK...

The best part of this trade is that it breaks the tie between Amadi/Blair and frees up a roster spot.