Seahawks Draft Day Rd2 and Rd3 Thread

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
God, I'm gonna cry tears of relief that they passed on a quarterback. The thought that they could even get one of these guys in round 4... amazing.
I'm saving those tears of relief for if they don't draft a QB at all this year.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I don't even care if they do, at this point. The upside of there being a remote chance of the guy panning out at such a valuable position makes the lottery pick worth it this late.
There's still other players I'd prefer over a QB for right now, unless they get drafted before our next pick.

GemCity

Reaction score
This is a fantastic draft so far. Two gliding tackles with fantastic feet, a twitchy and thick edge in Mafe (no doubt a Hurtt guy), and a proven running back (although I loved Hall and Spiller too).

Not a single "reach."

I hope this belays the constant barrage of "INJURED 27 YEAR OLD 6TH ROUNDER IN THE FIRST" posts.
100% agree.

vonstout

Reaction score
Drafted 2 spread OTs that each only gave up 1 sack all year. Lucas looked like he could run block too. Carolina is supposedly trying to trade for Baker. The big question now is
1. Locke or Geno and wait for QB next year?
2. Trade for Baker?
3. Willis, Corral or Howell?

Would we be in the top 5 next year if we go with option 1?

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Okay. Why didn't they do this for Wilson?
My vague recollection of the last few years of drafts was that we were constantly picking at the rear of Round 1, where the Tackle talent becomes a lot less of a sure thing. Add in the input of guys like Tom Cable, and you end up drafting guys like Pocic and Ifedi. Go farther back, and you have other reaches like Justin Britt in the 2nd (though I thought he finally found a place at Center, he was originally drafted as a RT). This draft was also a lot deeper in certain positions than year's past, allowing solid players to still be had well after Round 1. I'm just happy because the front office didn't get "cute" this year, no trade-downs, no reaches (as of yet), drafting solid guys for needs you have. It's almost like their job is on the line now that the LOB is long-gone and # 3 is no longer around to save them from their poor personnel decisions.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Drafted 2 spread OTs that each only gave up 1 sack all year. Lucas looked like he could run block too. Carolina is supposedly trying to trade for Baker. The big question now is
2. Trade for Baker?

Option 1. If Willis is around in rd5 maybe

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
2. Trade for Baker?

I truly think the Seahawks are sold on Lock getting a fresh start in a solid culture and locker room, given some solid teaching and build his confidence where he can be an above average QB in this system. Worst-case, we end up winning 6-7 games and have another high(ish) draft pick in round one of the 2023 draft and they get their potential franchise QB.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
😭 is.. is that ... oh m goodness we have a real offensive line (so far)
Truthfully, I don't think it's much better than 2021, and probably ends up being a bit worse than 2020. I think the narrative of investment will make people celebrate their success rather than look for anything to criticize about them, though, which'll improve their "approval rating."