Seahawks Draft Day Rd2 and Rd3 Thread

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
i get it, I was just hoping he'd fall further, however the more teams who take Qbs in the draft the fear I have of us landing Baker.. who already is kind of like "Ehh ill go to seattle" in a very un excited caring tone.
I really hope not....

JPatera76

Reaction score
I understand. Also something to consider: The QB needy teams are either going to stick with their QB's they're picking, or they're wasting their picks which means we get more choices on our next few picks. Either way it's a win/win for us.

We're not getting Baker. Imo.
All good and realistic points.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Ah man, I liked Nick Cross and he's another player I would've preferred over a QB

DJrmb

Reaction score
Love building from the trenches. Also the RB reminds me a lot of MJD!

emurri

Reaction score
Getting a couple future starters on the OL this year to get an entire years' NFL experience in preparation for drafting a QB next year is definitely the way to do it.
I totally agree! I think it is very smart.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maaaaan. Danny Gray is the biggest sleeper star in the draft. Of course, he goes to a division rival since I love him. Had a feeling he'd go way above the big boards.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Hawks are doing so well right now imo. I can't wait to see who else they get
Yep, from my amateur POV from the couch I’m happy so far, they are addressing needs, with quality talent.

There don’t seem to be any reaches or projects so far.

But I thought Aaron Curry was a good pick too, so what do I know?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Still a lot of great prospects out there. I can't fault the value we got from the guys we did pick, but a few more picks now would be very welcome for the defense.

TE Charlie Kolar - 6'6" 252lb RAS 9.11. 1425 yards receiving in college as a tight end
DT Matthew Butler - 6'3" 297lb RAS 7.3. Versatile DT
DT Perrion Winfrey - 6'3" 390lb RAS n/a. Another versatile DT
DT John Ridgeway - 6'5" 321lb RAS 4.72. Maybe too tall for NT but he has 34" arms
DE Kingsley Enagbare - 6'3" 258lb RAS 6.17. 3-4 DE good against both pass and run
LB Brandon Smith - 6'3" 250lb RAS 9.97. One of the most athletic prospects in the draft plus great film
LB Damone Clark - 6'2" 239lb RAS 9.87. Huge upside but will miss 2022
CB Tariq Woolen - 6'4" 205lb RAS 9.71. 78 3/8" wingspan, top athleticism, newish to the position
CB Coby Bryant - 6'1" 193lb RAS 5.56. Less athletic but very productive in college opposite Gardner
CB Zyon McCollum - 6'2" 199lb RAS 10.0. Tall, long and fast.

Fade

Reaction score
Who are these guys?

Where are the insistent trade downs, the oddball picks, the reaches?

This is a draft that can set themselves up very well for the future.

The only QB I deemed worth a shot was Sam Howell. And still only had a 3rd round grade on him. They avoided the minefield this QB class was, and can still take a shot in the 4th round on him, if not, go get their guy next year.

The RB they drafted, Walker out of MSU, fits their outside zone scheme like a glove. He is extremely elusive and fast. He can hit the hole quick, and if he finds daylight he's taking it to the house.

It is a big win when the guy is not only really talented, but fits exactly what you're trying to do. You saw Penny excel in the 2nd half of the year, Walker can carry the torch.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I would go DT or CB for the next pick. I'm surprised Winfrey is still on the board.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
I truly think the Seahawks are sold on Lock getting a fresh start in a solid culture and locker room, given some solid teaching and build his confidence where he can be an above average QB in this system. Worst-case, we end up winning 6-7 games and have another high(ish) draft pick in round one of the 2023 draft and they get their potential franchise QB.

I think the reason they are getting behind Lock is because he has a very strong arm but is not particularly accurate. Apparently he can even throw 80 yards.

There’s another QB in the league who has been successful despite being highly inaccurate so far and that’s Josh Allen. I’m not comparing the two, but if you look at what the Bills do, they love to run, and they love it when Allen airs the ball out. Diggs is one of the top WR in air yards in the NFL. Gabriel too for a 3rd or 4th WR has a ton of air yards, so they basically compensate for inaccuracy by making it up with longer passes, while also being a run dominant team, they space the field out basically for their run game.

I think that’s why we drafted how we did today, Lucas drafted for protection for Lock because Allen is a much better runner (they can’t rely on Lock’s legs) and Walker to boost their run game. So the Seahawks have DK whose better than Diggs even, & Lockett whose better than Emmanuel Sanders these days. Add in Fant. We have solid RBs too. Once the Bills added receivers for Allen, their success really improved because they made up for Allen’s shortcomings with good receiver play. This is what I think the Seahawks think they can pull off with Lock. To have a good run game they need a QB like him to space out the field. I think this is also what the Eagles are up to too with Hurts, & trading for AJ Brown. I think this is a subtle league wide trend going on because QBs are getting too pricey so teams without the luxury of a Mahomes would rather try for high quality receivers & RBs now.

Last edited:

godawg

Reaction score
Yep, from my amateur POV from the couch I’m happy so far, they are addressing needs, with quality talent.

There don’t seem to be any reaches or projects so far.

But I thought Aaron Curry was a good pick too, so what do I know?
Aaron Curry, "safest pick in the draft." If I recall, we took him instead of Trent Williams.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Still a lot of great prospects out there. I can't fault the value we got from the guys we did pick, but a few more picks now would be very welcome for the defense.

TE Charlie Kolar - 6'6" 252lb RAS 9.11. 1425 yards receiving in college as a tight end
DT Matthew Butler - 6'3" 297lb RAS 7.3. Versatile DT
DT Perrion Winfrey - 6'3" 390lb RAS n/a. Another versatile DT
DT John Ridgeway - 6'5" 321lb RAS 4.72. Maybe too tall for NT but he has 34" arms
DE Kingsley Enagbare - 6'3" 258lb RAS 6.17. 3-4 DE good against both pass and run
LB Brandon Smith - 6'3" 250lb RAS 9.97. One of the most athletic prospects in the draft plus great film
LB Damone Clark - 6'2" 239lb RAS 9.87. Huge upside but will miss 2022
CB Tariq Woolen - 6'4" 205lb RAS 9.71. 78 3/8" wingspan, top athleticism, newish to the position
CB Coby Bryant - 6'1" 193lb RAS 5.56. Less athletic but very productive in college opposite Gardner
CB Zyon McCollum - 6'2" 199lb RAS 10.0. Tall, long and fast.
Well we snagged two of the three corners you listed, so not too shabby.

cheese22

Reaction score
Anyone think there's a chance Woolen moves to safety? Maybe if he doesn't work out at corner?

GemCity

Reaction score
Breese would be cool.

I’m not fine with trade backs unless we rob someone. This is one our richest drafts in recent years. Use the picks!!

Latest posts