Seahawks and Panthers in bidding war for Baker, EDIT: Panthers Outbid Hawks

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Good point...But I am still against acquiring Mayfield.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
If there is, now, a 3rd team gambling on Balko's 'sweepstakes', I won't need to 'stay tuned', as Balko's advised
Welshers will announceTeam 3 right here on this page.
Also, the most memorable recent QB sweepstakes "prize" was DeShaun.
Baker will be, at least, a better prize than DeShaun.

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Who is this Guy??? An employee at the Browns or Bakers best buddie trying to get BM out of Cleveland???

How is it that only this guy has info?? Welsher who is "your source"
He's a Baker nut hugger..He has no source.He just wishes.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My sources tell me it's basically done. In a day or two baker will be a Hawk. We are trying to get the trade down to one 1st instead of 2
Like the sound of that.

Mayfield PLUS a 1st would be sweet.

Baker and TWO 1st rounders would be one for the books!

JPatera76

Reaction score
Mayfield, is a hard pass for me. No thanks now, and forever. Also wtf welshers lol are you the John63 for f'ing Mayfield? Every damn post involving mayfield on the front page is started by you lobbying like raging hard boner to get him and to link whatever story works for your narrative.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Remember that trade where the Lions gave the Rams the world plus ten 1st rounders to take Stafford off thier hands?

With Baker being a 50 win/50 lose guy with a sizable contract, the Browns have ZERO leverage. Tossing the Browns a token player could have the same outcome.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I think it would be funny if we did a trade for Mayfield, but made the Browns include a player we really wanted as part of the deal.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Do the odds change every day that goes by and Baker still doesn't have a new team? The "sources" remain the same.
I see a site that specializes in proposing trades, insinuating there are teams negotiating to that effect. "It has been proposed" follows on a dozen other clickbait sites which leads to 'it has been widely reported'...and they all close with "you saw it here first".

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Remember that trade where the Lions gave the Rams the world plus ten 1st rounders to take Stafford off thier hands?

With Baker being a 50 win/50 lose guy with a sizable contract, the Browns have ZERO leverage. Tossing the Browns a token player could have the same outcome.
No one remembers that, because that didn't happen.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If this were actually the case and there was a bidding war ongoing between Seattle and Carolina for Mayfield there would be more genuine media knowledge of the situation.

I'm very doubtful of the accuracy of the Twitter report that is supposedly the basis of this announcement.

Time will tell in this and in the fullness of time we will know what the Mayfield to Seattle situation truly is but I genuinely doubt it is impending.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It's inconceivable to me that the Browns would move on from Baker with Watson's suspension looming. They would be foolish IMO.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Everyone just wait. This deal will get done. I have sources other than Twitter but I have to keep them confidential. Trust me baker is coming

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It's inconceivable to me that the Browns would move on from Baker with Watson's suspension looming. They would be foolish IMO.
They moved on from Baker the minute they inked the deal with Watson. Maybe they overestimated his trade value and that's why he's still on the market, but there's no doubt at all that they knew Mayfield would go on strike against them if there's a suspension.