Seahawks and Panthers in bidding war for Baker, EDIT: Panthers Outbid Hawks

nanomoz

Reaction score
I expect you and all my other doubters to appologize to me when Baker starts for the Seahawks week 1.
Are you sticking by your reported trade compensation claim, too?

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Are you sticking by your reported trade compensation claim, too?
That was clearly sarcasm, I guess it went a little over everyone's head. My sources claim the most likely deal is the Browns eat 3/4th of Baker's salary and we give up a sixth. The compensation package is still being ironed out. The only thing that is certain is that Baker will be a Seahawk. They've agreed in principle (my sources say).

Spohawks

Reaction score
What Welshers is doing is a taking a calculated risk. If he's wrong "Well things must have changed"

But if he is right, he can claim his inside sourse for the rest of his life. Its a dumb game but its off season...expect dumb games!

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
PFT is not a reliable source. You can trust I have superior sources from inside the organization (living in Seattle) then some reporters from LA.
No, no you dont. You dont have any sources and are grasping. When thread gets old, you start a new one. It stinks of desperation. Too many times we have seen this on .NET over the years. When you are wrong I would love an apology, but there won't be one. It will continually be, "it's close" or "clearly my sarcasm went over everyones head" or "it was so close but just didn't get through". It will not be up there with Duncan's but the credibility will be on par if it isn't already.

BASF

Reaction score
No, no you dont. You dont have any sources and are grasping. When thread gets old, you start a new one. It stinks of desperation. Too many times we have seen this on .NET over the years. When you are wrong I would love an apology, but there won't be one. It will continually be, "it's close" or "clearly my sarcasm went over everyones head" or "it was so close but just didn't get through". It will not be up there with Duncan's but the credibility will be on par if it isn't already.
Wasn't that the Carson Palmer deal?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
"Seahawks have never had a strong interest in Mayfield."

OTOH the Hawks as well indicated they had no plans to trade RW before he was traded, and while discussions about trade terms were ongoing.

Time will tell I guess but your unknown source is being contradicted by a very reliable NFL reporter with lots of inside sources.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
What Welshers is doing is a taking a calculated risk. If he's wrong "Well things must have changed"

But if he is right, he can claim his inside sourse for the rest of his life. Its a dumb game but its off season...expect dumb games!
This is the time of year where the only real news is arrests/lawsuits or OTA/personal workout injuries.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

I'll happily apologize if I'm wrong, though I fully expect you to dissappear from .NET for a while when the Mayfield news comes out.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Deal almost done
It's definetly close to being done. The money is the only issue. I imagine the Seahawks are leaking they are no longer interested to put pressure on the browns. The bidding war is that the Panthers might pick up more of his salary and the Hawks would miss out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rat

Reaction score
Ugh, people need to stop indulging Welshers. Seriously, he just starts one thread like this after another. If you keep responding to them, you enable his trolling.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
It's definetly close to being done. The money is the only issue. I imagine the Seahawks are leaking they are no longer interested to put pressure on the browns
They didn't say they were no longer interested, they said they were never interested.

According to sources.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

They didn't say they were no longer interested, they said they were never interested.

According to sources.
Semantics. They are putting this out there intentionally. They said the same thing about Wilson.

You all did this exact same thing before Wilson was traded. Gaslighting anyone who said he might be his way out. "It's just rumors..", "it's fake news.." "Pete said they want him to stay" yeah Pete said so until the day he was traded. Stop being so gullible.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Everyone just wait. This deal will get done. I have sources other than Twitter but I have to keep them confidential. Trust me baker is coming
Your credibility will be ZERO after this if nothing happens..

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Your credibility will be ZERO after this if nothing happens..
That's fine. I'm not super concerned about my credibility on a football fan forum LOL! It's not like I'm some professional sports reporter. I just happen to know they are trying to get Baker and a deal is close to being done.