Screwed the Pooch

metwelve

Reaction score
With the talent level we have at the offensive skilled positions I thought in the 4th round we had the opportunity to really solidify the O-line and give Geno & K-9 the help they need to be successful. IMO there was still plenty of talent to be had. Bortolini, McCormick, Pran-Granger, Nourzad. Frustrated

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
With the talent level we have at the offensive skilled positions I thought in the 4th round we had the opportunity to really solidify the O-line and give Geno & K-9 the help they need to be successful. IMO there was still plenty of talent to be had. Bortolini, McCormick, Pran-Granger, Nourzad. Frustrated
What, exactly, are you looking to accomplish by drafting another offensive lineman there?

Not a single one left in the draft at that juncture that appreciably changes the 2024 lineup. We got a likely starter. The rest are essentially penciled in.

It's all depth right now. No one is drafting starters outside of kicker, punter, long snapper, and returner.

Last edited:

bman75

Reaction score
Plus the 4th and 6th rated guards are still available. In the words of AR relax

CPHawk

Reaction score
We’ve drafted so many OL under JS, and yet we are still trying to fix the OL. Meanwhile our run D hasn’t stopped an RB with a heartbeat in 4 years.

OP
OP
metwelve

metwelve

Reaction score
Stuff like this is just ignorant. We just drafted 2 maulers on the line and you post this?
Tomlinson is 32 and the JETS didn't want him. Fant is 31. Forsythe is just plain BAD. Oluwatimi couldn't break the starting line up and has only Nick Harris as his back up. Oh, and we needed AJ Barner. The talent level between McCormick and Laumea is huge.

Last edited:

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Tomlinson is 32 and the JETS didn't want him. Fant is 31. Forsythe is just plain BAD. Oluwatimi couldn't break the starting line up and has only Nick Harris as his back up. Oh, and we needed AJ Barner.
A few points, they just drafted 2 guys, more could be added after the draft, and most of the guys you listed are depth pieces, and might not even be on the roster at the start of the season. The coaching staff, who can evaluate their own players way better than we ever could, will decide who they're comfortable putting on the field. No reason to panic.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Seahawks didn't draft who the OP thought they should have so that means they "screwed the pooch"?
He must not realize that the TE plays on, or close to, the offensive line &, at times, they have been known to block opposing players. One of our coaches also knows him real good too so.........
edit: I may have misunderstood his AJ Barner comment as I thought it was being sarcastic.

OP
OP
metwelve

metwelve

Reaction score
Seahawks didn't draft who the OP thought they should have so that means they "screwed the pooch"?
He must not realize that the TE plays on, or close to, the offensive line &, at times, they have been known to block opposing players. One of our coaches also knows him real good too so.........
edit: I may have misunderstood his AJ Barner comment as I thought it was being sarcastic.
It was. 5 tight ends, 2 centers. Geno had no protection in the second half of the season. K-9 was always forced to improvise. Let's not waste this talented group of RB's & WR's. We need quality backups at the tackle, center, and guard postions.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
WTH? Is this a Facebook, copy and paste, post?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa bestiality was banned in 2006 man, ain't nobody supposed to screw pooches anymore.