Schneider to speak to media 11am PST today

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Woah…a lot behind that and tbh, way more than I expected.
Asked how it would feel running all the facets of the organization and he unloaded with that

Tells me the guy definitely wasn't just being overruled by Pete constantly. This has been just as much his ship in terms of contribution, regardless of veto power.

chris98251

Reaction score
He wants a guy that can coordinate and bring in a strong staff, doesn't matter OC, DC, SP, that can handle the high's and lows, feels experienced gives a person a good handle on that.

I don't see a college guy coming in here. Biggest thing is not to get stagnant, that statement by itself I think is the key to why Pete was let go. Kind of came out of the discussion and answer, but really we all said a lot of the same stuff in one way shape or form, we were not pushing and lost the edge and chip if you will.

He wants a guy that can work together well with the culture already established, meaning Jody, Him, and Bert I think but not stated as such.

Also that building a great staff and coaches is important.

Thats kind of generic but he wants to see the growth of the coaches and assistants, mentioned Branden and his accomplishments.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was Robin and not expected to make a lot of speeches, where he shined was draft day talking about players, this was different due to now it's about management, his structure and being careful not to misspeak knowing the eyes on him are waiting for a misstep to quote.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This was pretty interesting. He said he now has full control of the staff and personnel. That's telling me. I'm excited to see what he does.

xray

Reaction score
This was pretty interesting. He said he now has full control of the staff and personnel. That's telling me. I'm excited to see what he does.
^
Which indicates he didn't have control before .

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think he's going offensive coach based on the answer at the end of the press conference. I know he listed the problem of losing both but the defensive guy seemed to be thrown in after the fact. Completely reading into it but that's the vibe I got.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I do think people are trying to hard to read into things. He really didn’t say anything new except he has the first interview tomorrow.

The whole “did he run the organization” question is really his way of saying that he did his job as GM. Even Pete said that although he had the final say John still pretty much ran the GM side of things.

I’m sure Pete probably put his foot down here and there but let John do his job for the most part.

His saying how competitive this market is for coaches right now tells me that they aren’t going to wait too long to go from interview to decision. I think he has a list and probably a much shorter list of actual viable candidates. Once he gets through his list of viable candidates we will pull the trigger fairly quickly. Whether that’s now or after the Super Bowl depends on who is on the top of his short list.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I think he's going offensive coach based on the answer at the end of the press conference. I know he listed the problem of losing both but the defensive guy seemed to be thrown in after the fact. Completely reading into it but that's the vibe I got.
Let's hope that's the case.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
No, it’s his twin brother. Both conveniently never in the same room together.

I am pleased to present the new head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, Carroll Peters!

Disclosure: This is the same concept as when California governor Gray Davis was recalled and there were many candidates for the post-recall election, and then humorists, including The Onion, did bits where they showed pics of Davis in really obvious disguises as a candidate called "Dave Grayvis." And I was initially gonna go with "Carl Peters," but then I remembered ol' Archie Bunker himself, Carroll O'Connor.

Chawker

Reaction score
So, look at me, I'm steering the ship (currently anchor in bay) and the seach will begin tomorrow. Imformative ! And riveting.

1 point John. For the tomorrow thing

Last edited: