Sam Howell is Geno's Backup!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Imagine what it would have been if opposing defenses didn't drop SEVERAL easy picks. Including some Pick 6 opportunities.
Just because they didn't make the pick, that doesn't excuse several bad decisions last year by Geno.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Howell's sacks are his biggest concern in my opinion. Throwing picks due to bad schemes and trying to force the issue is correctable. Not having the instinct to move around in the pocket well seems like it would be more difficult to correct. But what do I know.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Imagine what it would have been if opposing defenses didn't drop SEVERAL easy picks. Including some Pick 6 opportunities.
Just because they didn't make the pick, that doesn't excuse several bad decisions last year by Geno.

Yes, no other QB had any potential picks dropped, just Geno... is this done purposefully in bad faith, or did you really just not consider that?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Howell's sacks are his biggest concern in my opinion. Throwing picks due to bad schemes and trying to force the issue is correctable. Not having the instinct to move around in the pocket well seems like it would be more difficult to correct. But what do I know.
I think the 612 passes thrown and 65 sacks taken is pretty telling. We can at least see they called around 700 passing plays last year in the Washington offense. The lack of balance is astonishing. I don't know much about their weapons, offensive line, etc but it seems to me he was playing on a pretty bad team, with bad playcalling, that set him up to fail.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score

But all of the QBs in the list have that happen...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well of course it does. But bad decision are just that........bad decisions. Geno got EXTREMELY lucky on several occasions last season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not missing out on anything. Geno got lucky, several times. Sorry you can't understand the obvious.

EVERYONE else threw that many dropped picks? Yeah.........ok.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Great comparison!
Howell doesn’t have near the tools of Josh Allen. There is an article about the trade in The Athletic today. They say that with enough support Howell’s ceiling is “mid-level starting QB.”

Jac

Reaction score
Howell doesn’t have near the tools of Josh Allen. There is an article about the trade in The Athletic today. They say that with enough support Howell’s ceiling is “mid-level starting QB.”
That’s a higher ceiling than most of these first rounders will merit after their first 18 games.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
18 starts and he's only 23. Absolutely worth the effort. He's basically the same age as BO AND 3, Penix (even though some act like Penix is 29) and other QB's in this upcoming draft.
Wait, Penix isn't 29?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
That’s a higher ceiling than most of these first rounders will merit after their first 18 games.
Timeframe is 4 years, not 18 months, unless you’re satisfied with a mid-level QB. Anybody who says he can accurately predict these QBs is kidding you. The data shows that half of the first round picks are a bust, and we don’t know for sure until they play about 30 games. There are exceptions on both ends.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Ok, that's what I thought initially. Good enough to win some games, but not good enough to be the long term answer most likely. Yayy. That said, even if we had the #1 pick, there's no guarantees. It's a crapshoot. Hopefully we're not wallowing in crap in a year.