Sam Howell is Geno's Backup!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm over it. It's not the huge tragedy you're making it out to be, Mael. And that's fine, do you.
I'm gonna' go ahead and let it play out.

chris98251

Reaction score
Guy can play, seen highlights is about all, but given the stress, situation, bad management and organization that he had to be on his toes in he did pretty damn good. Being in a more refined structured camp may be just what he needs.

Could be a QBOTF also given his age, not young but not Old, better risk then projects in the first round who have never played a NFL down, let alone one under fire in a Organization that also was on fire.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Howell is a sack machine. If any of you thought Geno held on to the ball too long (he didn't), you're going to hate Sam. 65 sacks last year (Geno, 31). 1:1 TD:INT (Geno, 2:1) --- 5.6 Y/A (almost 2 lower than league-average Geno). Washington wasn't good, but they weren't a terrible team. I'm only comparing Geno because he's relatively league average just to show how awful Howell was.

He's young and could absolutely use a year or two just watching football from the sideline and potentially compete with our 2025 QB draft pick.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Howell’s Agent: “Sam, you’ve been traded…”

Howell: “To where?”

Agent: “Washington.”

Howell: “…….huh??”

Agent: “Washington—Seattle, Washington.”

kidhawk

Reaction score
I suppose I’ll play the wait and see game on this one but I must say though it doesn’t invoke any excitement.

Rat

Reaction score
I remember being similarly pumped when we traded a third-rounder plus a second-round pick swap for a Chargers backup by the name of Charlie Whitehurst. BeastQuake wouldn't have happened without his week 17 heroics that vaulted us into the playoffs. I suspect this will end up spectacularly as well.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I am surprised by the trade I live in the area he went to college and remember watching him when he was at UNC he was my top rated QB when he came out I was mildly shocked he lasted to the 5th rd. IMO the trade was a steal for the Hawks Geno better have his “A” game. In Washington he was setup to fail, the O line sucked with Bienemy calling 60% pass plays. I am on a few Commander message boards with half of the members wanting to keep Howell and build around him instead of drafting a QB

Rat

Reaction score
I am surprised by the trade I live in the area he went to college and remember watching him when he was at UNC he was my top rated QB when he came out I was mildly shocked he lasted to the 5th rd. IMO the trade was a steal for the Hawks Geno better have his “A” game. In Washington he was setup to fail, the O line sucked with Bienemy calling 60% pass plays. I am on a few Commander message boards with half of the members wanting to keep Howell and build around him instead of drafting a QB
He was getting #1 overall pick hype before his last season at UNC. Didn't light the world on fire, but he was commonly being mocked in the mid-late first, and by draft time, I thought he'd be gone by the mid-second for sure. Couldn't believe he kept dropping. I was on a plane that just boarding and was chanting his name when we picked Ken Walker III. Felt kinda dumb for that when he was still sitting there nearly three rounds later.

BunHawk

Reaction score
The draft picks are nominal. Washington's 4th and 6th are near the top of the rounds. So we basically just dropped down from mid 3rd to top of 4th and mid 5th to top of 6th. I feel like he was just handed to us. And he's a good qb also.

jammerhawk

Reaction score

Fanatics

Reaction score
I like this move. Howell was performing very well last year until the entire team gave up, losing does that to you. Personally I would rather have that early 4th round pick as well. Yes it is lower but you get a whole night to research before picking and it is in prime position for teams to try and get their guy in early 4th. Move down a few slots and pick up a 3rd the next year.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
The 4th rder were getting back is not that far from our 3rd the Hawks gave up. Howell almost threw for 4000 yards on a shit Commanders team and he's making 985K this year. I'm very ok with this choice. Wasn't even aware Quinn was shopping him.
I swear I saw a video of him drinking Natty Light on the team plane after they beat the cowboys. He had a small garbage can full of ice with more NL's in it too.

I all in.