S.T.G. = Seahawks Trivia Game

evergreen

Reaction score
Ok in 2011 we won by 11. And in 2006 we won by 2 6s which is 12 but thats kinda pushing the trivia concept... And on other cities having the name Seahawks, who cares? I care about our Seahawks. But I would guess CFL, UFL, or something irevalent. Let's get back to some good trivia!

kev007

Reaction score
Good guesses guys, it was a bit of a tough one!

Okay, these were the scores, both wins for the Seahawks -

2006 - 42 - 30

2011 - 36 - 25

In the history of the NFL, these are the only time those scores have been seen.

Kev

evergreen

Reaction score
That was tough! I thought our XLVIII was rare in that it hadn't occurred before! But to have two unique scores against the same team! Boom! I got an easy one. What defending super bowl champ did we beat twice in the same season? We also beat them twice another year that they won the Super Bowl. Too easy!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":24k5e1y1 said:
It's been 4 days can we move on please.

What other city had professional football team called the 'Seahawks'.
Miami in the old All-American Football Conference in the later 40s.

Now feel free to continue on as I have to leave right this second.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
evergreen":2pg2o5mq said:
That was tough! I thought our XLVIII was rare in that it hadn't occurred before! But to have two unique scores against the same team! Boom! I got an easy one. What defending super bowl champ did we beat twice in the same season? We also beat them twice another year that they won the Super Bowl. Too easy!

Los Angeles Raiders in 1984 season. The Seahawks beat them 17-14 in the regular season and then again 13-7 in the wildcard playoff game.

Assuming I'm correct - Which two pro football hall of fame players wore #71 for the Seahawks?

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1w3gk307 said:
evergreen":1w3gk307 said:

Los Angeles Raiders in 1984 season. The Seahawks beat them 17-14 in the regular season and then again 13-7 in the wildcard playoff game.

Assuming I'm correct - Which two pro football hall of fame players wore #71 for the Seahawks?

Obviously Big Walt is one, I'm going to guess the other is Carl Eller?

If I'm right, what season did the Seahawks beat both teams that appeared in that season's Super Bowl, and which teams?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maulbert":2j5za2ew said:
hawkfan68":2j5za2ew said:
evergreen":2j5za2ew said:

Obviously Big Walt is one, I'm going to guess the other is Carl Eller?

If I'm right, what season did the Seahawks beat both teams that appeared in that season's Super Bowl, and which teams?

Yup...you're correct.

evergreen

Reaction score
I'm saying 1986. We beat the giants and broncos. We also were 5-6 and ended up out of the playoffs at 10-6. We were the hot team but lost tie breaker to bengals. All memory no fact checking. As for my earlier question no fact checking just bad memory. We beat the Oakland raiders 2x when we went 9-7 in 1978 and they were champs the year before... My bad. We also beat them twice in 83 and they bested us in the AFCCG. My apologies. Time clouds the memory...

Maulbert

Reaction score
evergreen":ptlb61m7 said:
I'm saying 1986. We beat the giants and broncos. We also were 5-6 and ended up out of the playoffs at 10-6. We were the hot team but lost tie breaker to bengals. All memory no fact checking. As for my earlier question no fact checking just bad memory. We beat the Oakland raiders 2x when we went 9-7 in 1978 and they were champs the year before... My bad. We also beat them twice in 83 and they bested us in the AFCCG. My apologies. Time clouds the memory...

You are correct.

evergreen

Reaction score
Well I got one right... I screwed up my prior question using my memory. How can that happen. I thought I remembered this stuff like it was yesterday. I guess the whole point is to respsark those memories.

evergreen

Reaction score
hawkfan68":39iui6kk said:
evergreen":39iui6kk said:

Yep. You are correct!

evergreen

Reaction score
Ok new question. Another one for the old timers...
Who was Largent's big division nemisiss/rival and what was special about his hands?
PS it's not Mike Hardin...

evergreen

Reaction score
Ok looks like you all lost interest or I killed it offf. Too bad it was fun...

Answer was Lester Hayes from the Oakland Raiders. What was special about his hands was they were covered in "Stick 'em". A glue like substance. He could snag an int just from all the glue dripping off his fingers, palms, wrists, and elbows. Of course it quickly became illegal. Jeez, not a lot of 1st generation fans left...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mike Haynes, who was an even better corner than Lester and IIRC is in the HOF, often had the unenviable task of trying to cover Largent. I believe he has said Steve was his toughest assignment.

evergreen

Reaction score
Good point. That was a tough secondary to work against. Largest made hay against both sides though. I was after the stick em angle since it was a bit obscure. Didn't think many young fans would've heard about it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
evergreen":3f53fsnd said:
Good point. That was a tough secondary to work against. Largest made hay against both sides though. I was after the stick em angle since it was a bit obscure. Didn't think many young fans would've heard about it.
Fellow Raider Fred Beletnikoff was always slathered in it too.

Maulbert

Reaction score
No new question to replace it? I replaced mine when it died. Here's one for now:

Who were the last active NFL players who appeared in Tecmo Super Bowl as members of the Seahawks, and what was their final season?

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Maulbert":fepglj6m said:
No new question to replace it? I replaced mine when it died. Here's one for now:

Who were the last active NFL players who appeared in Tecmo Super Bowl as members of the Seahawks, and what was their final season?

That seems more like "video game" trivia than "Seahawks Trivia".

I've got nothing.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pmedic920":3nc1omjx said:
Maulbert":3nc1omjx said:

That seems more like "video game" trivia than "Seahawks Trivia".

I've got nothing.

Here's a clue: The game used rosters from 1990.