Russell Wilson released, according to sources.

toffee

Reaction score
RW drove me nuts with his antics, scrambling then thrilled when he connected. I made a game out of how often I would say THROW IT AWAY, or WT...OMG...without saying the F word. What kind of heartbreak & devastation could he possibly have given to a Hawk fan? I loved Hasselbeck, Mudbone, and Zorn, but RW was our best ever. He was better than our homegrown Husky, who came back after the Oilers. He GAVE US HIS ALL.
Wilson is 35? At most he can play is another 8 years, but his style lives on in Caleb Williams. Long live the hero ballers

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
This makes the Jamal Adams trade and contract not look too bad in comparison
naw - that still blows chunks plenty on it's own.

Although it's capable of generating it's own expression at this point:

"Is it bad? Yea, it's bad. Is it Russell Wilson bad? Nawwwwwww.... 'nothing's as bad as 'Russell Wilson bad'" :)

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Watch him sign with the 49ers, wouldn't that be horse 💩...

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Funning this is seeing some of the experts who won't admit they were wrong. In the 2 cases below it's actually guys I like. Warren Sharp spent the whole offseason before 2022 showing all these passing stats for Russ to show how good he would be "unlocked". Then absolutely turned on him with no admitting he was wrong.

Bill Barnwell had a twee today trying to defend Russ using his stats after he came back from injury in 2021. The same Barnwell who gave the Broncos a good grade for the trade and the Hawks a bad one saying they (Hawks) could have got more.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
But john63 was actually so popular here that many followed his deandc account at the Broncos forum just for the entertainment value.

I gotta admit, he did provide plenty of entertainment on both boards.

One Of A Kind.

I always wondered if he was well paid by Team3, or if he was just a delusional stalker fanboi.
John63 is an older man who isn't part of Russell's paid team. He just got polarized into a dumb viewpoint like many susceptible people do these days.

As I've mentioned a few times before, he's revealed his true identity to me (by mistake, as he started arguing with me on Twitter before blocking me. The style of his rhetoric was absolutely unmistakable down to the idiosyncratic nature of his typing. His name also confirmed the link because it matched up exactly with one of his forum accounts. My Twitter account doesn't use the Maelstrom handle, so he didn't know it was his ol' nemesis I guess.)

He's just a regular boomer (not as an insult, literally just referencing his general age) with a Youtube channel (about his work) who gets into arguments on the internet.

I cannot post it because all of it is linked to his real name, and I'm not going to doxx the guy.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
I really would like to see him in a Browns Uniform, Why? because that jersey sure would look good with Wilson on it. Watson is listed as their guy, but the Browns are the Browns.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
This is what happens to teams that sign ridiculous contracts. Once a player has played the 1st 2 years of a 2nd or later NFL contract he shouldn't at any point have more than 1 year remaining that is fully guaranteed. 1 year is the maximum and ideally it should be less. I don't feel sorry for the Broncos, (or the Cardinals who are in a similar situation with Murray).

What's even funnier (I still loathe the Broncos from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West) is that the Broncos had Wilson on his contract from the Seahawks, which looked pretty inexpensive in the 2022 offseason, what with the Seahawks eating $26M of dead money from Wilson's signing bonus. The Broncos didn't need to sign him to an extension during that same offseason. They could have waited to see how things went with Wilson first. But instead, the business geniuses in charge chose to sign Wilson to a big extension with a big signing bonus before he had played a single snap for them (not even a preseason snap!). The result is that they ended up paying Wilson $124M for one season of eighth-octile QB performance and one season of "greatly improved" sixth-octile QB performance. $62M per season for crap performance. GLORIOUS!

The only thing that could possibly have made that situation any more perfect (for me and my loathing of the Broncos) would be if The Teeth had still been in charge in Denver and had been responsible for the Wilson trade and the stupidest contract extension in league history.

Last edited:

LastRideOut

Reaction score
John63 is an older man who isn't part of Russell's paid team. He just got polarized into a dumb viewpoint like many susceptible people do these days.

As I've mentioned a few times before, he's revealed his true identity to me (by mistake, as he started arguing with me on Twitter before blocking me. The style of his rhetoric was absolutely unmistakable down to the idiosyncratic nature of his typing. His name also confirmed the link because it matched up exactly with one of his forum accounts. My Twitter account doesn't use the Maelstrom handle, so he didn't know it was his ol' nemesis I guess.)

He's just a regular boomer (not as an insult, literally just referencing his general age) with a Youtube channel (about his work) who gets into arguments on the internet.

I cannot post it because all of it is linked to his real name, and I'm not going to doxx the guy.

I can respect that. My wife got doxxed by some guy last year. Pretty scary actually. Our physical address was posted for thousands to see, and I'm not exaggerating at all.

I was pissed off that someone would actually do that. Some of the messages my wife gets on a daily basis, are pretty gross too. That men actually behave like that, came as a bit of a surprise to me, given I don't randomly contact women on the internet.