Rodgers - Wilson is the new Brady - Manning

raisethe3

Reaction score
OP may be correct, if GB faces Seattle several more times in the playoffs with Seattle winning.

I remember Brady and the Pats almost always defeat Manning and the Colts. So that comparison is very similar.

Seafan

Reaction score
Detroit will own that division next year. Rodgers will be passing the NFC North baton off to Stafford.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":20hroq16 said:
Rodgers and Green Bay are probably happier about San Francisco's implosion then we are. As was said upthread I will be fine if Rodger's vs. Wilson is the new Brady vs. Manning as long as Wilson is Brady in this little rivalry.
They shouldn't. The Bears hired Vic Fangio

BigBill1945

Reaction score
What astounds me is Wilson was not considered for the pro bowl. This guy is a winner.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
BigBill1945":20fm2ls4 said:
What astounds me is Wilson was not considered for the pro bowl. This guy is a winner.
Wilson would have been in the Pro-Bowl if not for him playing in the SUPERBOWL

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
ivotuk":2nduvzmo said:
I LOVE it! The pundits are finally going to have to face up to the fact that Russell Wilson is an elite Quarterback!

I was thinking about this the other day, with Harbaugh gone (I wanted him to stay), the Seattle-San Francisco rivalry isn't going to be what it was.

But the Green Bay - Seattle rivalry, hooo baby! After "Wail Mary" and now the "Discount Double Choke," there's going to be some serious fire coming out of Green Bay and directed towards the Seahawks. Especially with the way that Rodgers likes to talk.

Then there's the Green Bay - Seattle connection with players and front office personell, Mike Holmgren, Matthew Hasselbeck, John Schneider, (Breno Giacomini). Etc. etc. I love rivalries 8)
They won't have to admit anything, but their worst possible nightmare is having no choice but talk about the Hawks being relevent, as they are forced to do until the SB is over.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3vv68mty said:
I think Wilson should be more worried about the real Brady coming up in just under 2 weeks. Brady isn't ready to pass the torch just yet.
Yes, I'm sure he's shaking with fear. Will you ever bring something intelligent to the table?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1h5fslah said:
Rodgers is the older QB stuck with one ring forevermore, Wilson's the younger & better-looking QB accruing rings at the speed of light?

Works for me.
Watchu talkin 'bout Willis? Muppets live forever and Wilson is a mere mortal.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tical21":yus34g17 said:
If Mariota goes to Philly he joins this conversation sooner than later.
Not the way he looked against Ohio State. Russell would have at least made a game of it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
BigBill1945":19rtl8gy said:
Considering how he tore it up when he did go, this is even more proof that the PB is a popularity contest.

Meeker

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3k0dkvwj said:
RolandDeschain":3k0dkvwj said:
Can't have a true epic long-term rivalry between two QBs in different conferences, they'll never face each other anywhere near often enough.

They can if the NFL wants it.

Huh? They play once every 4 years unless they meet in the SB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":1l7fjepa said:
If Mariota goes to Philly he joins this conversation sooner than later.
I doubt that. It's unlikely Mariota falls anywhere near Philadelphia (unless they give up a ridiculous amount to trade up the 10-15 spots needed to even have a shot at him), this not counting it's not all that likely he'll be anything more then another RGlll type.

I wouldn't touch him in the 1st round but you know it's a lock that he'll be massively overdrafted similar to EJ Manuel and others.