Rodgers to Seattle in 23’

nwHawk

Reaction score
Laughable! No where near being a realistic statement. Working the John Schneider angle is a super big stretch.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Office Monkey GIF

Colin Cowherd hard at work.

meanwhile, in reality...

I bet a lot of QBs would fit in with Seattle, they're on the come up. Who wouldn't want to jump in on that.

Spohawks

Reaction score
A differnt angle to look at this.

In 2023 40-50 million for an elite QB is to be expected and Rodgers falls in that range.

If you woke up tommorow without knowing the price or what was given up to trade for Rodgers and he was now a Seahawk...would you be upset? Clearly no, right?

Geno is gone next year, some team is going to pay huge for him and the Seahawks won't.

Is Geno a one year wonder? We don't know and the Hawks won't pay to find out. However Rodgers is one of the best all time and that is worth a few bucks.

I don't care if the Seahawks get the 1st pick in next years draft and pick the best QB...there is no telling if he can make the transition to the NFL. However Rodgers is a proven commodity.

Rodgers is irritated after just about every play that goes south...shaking his head and upset with coaches. I think he is fed up and ready to go, maybe even with a restructured contract.

If Rodgers is done with the Packers after this season and the Packers can't use a guy that doesn't show up...its possible the Hawks could steal him with that late 1st round pick.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Clearly, Cowherd just wants to see Seattle experience what Denver is currently experiencing. No thank you.

BlueTalon

Reaction score

In 2023 40-50 million for an elite QB is to be expected and Rodgers falls in that range.

If you woke up tommorow without knowing the price or what was given up to trade for Rodgers and he was now a Seahawk...would you be upset? Clearly no, right?

Geno is gone next year, some team is going to pay huge for him and the Seahawks won't.

Is Geno a one year wonder? We don't know and the Hawks won't pay to find out. However Rodgers is one of the best all time and that is worth a few bucks.

I don't care if the Seahawks get the 1st pick in next years draft and pick the best QB...there is no telling if he can make the transition to the NFL. However Rodgers is a proven commodity.

Rodgers is irritated after just about every play that goes south...shaking his head and upset with coaches. I think he is fed up and ready to go, maybe even with a restructured contract.

If Rodgers is done with the Packers after this season and the Packers can't use a guy that doesn't show up...its possible the Hawks could steal him with that late 1st round pick.
I think you're alone on that island there.

Raifers

Reaction score
only if
1 - cheap 1 year contract
2 - signed to compete for the starting job
3 - he loses the starting job
4 - he doesn't want to be back up and wants to be traded to the broncos

Spohawks

Reaction score
I think you're alone on that island there.
Oh I am not buying in on this idea, its just an idea.

I wouldn't mind if John and crew evaluate Geno, if he checks out...make him a winning offer and draft 2 non QB starters in the first.

I really don't give 2 fat rips who is the QB next year, I just want him to be the best possible option.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Hmm...it could be another way to get even more draft picks from Denver. Haha

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Cowherd is evidently unaware of the salary cap. If the Packers were to trade Rodgers in 2023, they'd have nearly $100M of dead money on their cap. There is no way Rodgers would be traded even for five first-round picks in 2023. Even if the Packers didn't want to play Rodgers, they'd have over $68M more in cap space available in 2023 just benching him than if they were to trade him.

The other side of this is that Rodgers would be ridiculously cheap for the Seahawks in 2023, but they'd probably have to pick up one or more of the options on Rodgers's contract, tying them to him into his 40s. But that's irrelevant. There is just no way it makes any kind of sense for the Packers to move on from Rodgers in 2023. Rodgers could beat up Gutekunst on national TV at the end of the 2022 season and the Packers would still keep him on their roster for 2023.

Last edited:

Nunya

Reaction score

That is an interesting take....not a very realistic take, but it is interesting.

So, your argument is to completely ignore what it would take to sign AR as justification? AR will certainly cost much more than "a few bucks". I would not be upset if someone put a Lamborghini in my garage, but I doubt it would happen. To me, that is completely delusion thinking to even consider the possibility.

What is your thinking based on to believe the Seahawks would not pay Geno a salary that you believe other teams would pay? Geno is doing everything the team is asking him to do and doing it quite well. I have little doubt that if Geno wears a starting QB jersey next season, it will be a Seahawk jersey.

AR will cost over twice what Geno would be signed for. You claim AR is "fed up" and may not "show up". Has Pete Carroll ever given the impression that this is a type of person that he would want on his team????? And would be willing to dedicate a huge chunk of cap space for a player with that attitude?????

I would be very surprised if the Seahawks take a QB in the first 3 rounds. There is no need. They already have 2 good QBs on the roster. Unless they have determined that Lock is a total waste of time...which I don't believe that is the case, the Seahawks are not QB poor.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Yes. Yes I would. I never want to see that guy in a Seahawks uniform.

Rodgers is one of the best of all time but Rodgers this year is not. Rodgers is a bigger gamble than Geno, so why should we be more willing to spend a 'few bucks' for A-a-ron?

Slick

Reaction score
Great plan. Get Erin and then he demands we trade away all of our playmakers.

Nah hard pass. He should go to SFO if anything.

Own The West

Reaction score
Arod is the Packers’ problem in 2023. The only way he moves is if a playoff-caliber team loses their QB mid-season. Rodgers will be 39 and hasn’t won anything other than the anemic NFC North in a decade.

He’s a stop-gap at best, and an expensive one as well. Why would we want him at all? 2011 was a looooong time ago.