Riq Woolen

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Sadly there seem to be lots of NFL defenders that play safe or make business decisions until the playoffs come around. It's not a Seahawks issue.
These guys were not concerned about the playoffs. They didn’t want to get hurt and were only concerned about their $$$

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thought Woolen was slow last year and perhaps not all better from being hurt and seemingly made far too many ‘business decisions’, that were not shown as a rookie. Those got him benched.

Suspect he was not really healthy and had to play while worrying about getting hurt again. He has significant ability but his second year playing was not even close to his real ability that he flashed as a rookie.

Hopeful the rookie version returns as he can be special.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
100% Agree. I still remember seeing the twitter post of the goal line stand where Diggs doesn’t do jack and Woolen goes through the motions bother looking more worried about getting dirty than tackling. Where if they both would’ve gone in.. that TD wouldn’t have happened
This is why I wanted Diggs gone.. That wasn't only time he half assed it and it was
spreading to the younger ones.
I can't believe Pete was allowing things like that to go on.
The days of having fun super soft practices and going through the motions are over I hope.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Diggs is a case of a guy who got his money and got lazy. I hate saying that, but it's flat out true. He was out of position ALL THE TIME. Magically, he wasn't before he got that new contract.

Everybody on the defense was out of position. The complete and total crap fest that the defense and its members became also coincided with Hurtt being appointed to lead it. I think that was more the cause of the disinterest in playing the game 150% as anything else.

Williams, Spoon, Brooks and Reed balled out. As did Bobby and guys like MJack who were fighting for roster spots. But the DB group slacked as a whole, likely because the system, going on three years, was ineffectively taught and executed. And Diggs, I'd venture, being a vet who knows something about scheme, became somewhat detached from things and his indifference probably infected guys like Woolen. Classic bad apple. But I don't think he's a bad character nor a washed up player. Just like many players under poor coaching, an experienced dude who got fed up and let his frustration show on the field.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
He was around Quandre Diggs too much. If the named captain, Diggs, for DB group is afraid to tackle, then others may follow their lead. The fact that Diggs is gone should help Woolen's improvement.
It will be interesting to see if our DB group really will improve via addition by subtraction. It was pretty clear that our coverage team was garbage last year, especially when Adams was on the field. Coverage has to work as a unit, and ours was garbage.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
If he was that hurt then he shouldn't have been playing,that stupid analogy of playing
at 65% is better than nothing at all is the dumbest thing.
I didn't make any analogy.. If that's the case though, it must saying something about our depth.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I didn't make any analogy.. If that's the case though, it must saying something about our depth.
I didn't mean you
I've heard before that some think a certain % of a player healthy is better
than nothing.