Report: Seahawks owner Allen ends talks with Chancellor

Rocket

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ih6drqc said:
I do. I'd like him to play. When he does he makes us better. Maybe he will get things figured out and decide to come back. If he does our team will be stronger for it and that's what we all want.

Me too. EVERYONE GETS A SECOND CHANCE !!!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Cam might be the most important player on our defense so I hope he comes back now. If not then we better spend some money on the OL so the offense can carry the defense for a change.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think these talks ended a while ago, if they even ever started.

Mike Salk has been saying for a while that team sources told him their position was they weren't negotiating with Kam unless he showed up. I'm sure Allen has stamped this approach with approval, but many believe this has always been PC/JS's stance.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":1pxixngn said:
PlinytheCenter":1pxixngn said:
Bigbadhawk":1pxixngn said:
I have noticed in this thread and some other Kam threads how a number of folks are assuming that Kam is getting bad advice from his agent or others. Where has it been acknowledge in print or audio because i would sure love a link for proof. It is just as easy to assume that this was Kams idea and his pride is what has kept him from backing down.

That is not assumed at all, but certainly could be a contributing factor. It's one or the other; pull your head out Kam or be reluctantly replaced. We all understand it's a business, and for that reason (given his contract relative to other SS in this league), none of this makes any real sense regardless of the source.

You say that isnt assuming but then go one to say its one or the other. Isnt that what assuming is? people are assuming it is kam at fault and others are assuming its his agents fault yet no one knows for a fact. :34853_doh:
At this point of the conversation, it doesn't matter one iota who's brain fart it was, if it is his Agent's idea, and I don't believe it was, Kam needs to send his ass packing, if it is Kam (and after listening to Lawyer Milloy talking on the radio) he needs to tell that little voice in his head to shut the hell up.
Kam placed a bet on a dead horse to win, and the window is rapidly closing on his chance to recoup that money.

Jville

Reaction score
iu

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1kv2hnok said:
hawknation2015":1kv2hnok said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/642105365732192256[/tweet]
Context? I'd be interested in knowing what he responded to.
Could be wrong, but from reading the comment when posted on his twitter account, I think he's responding to Marshawn wearing his jersey number in practice. I think the "Wow" is gratitude not disgust.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I realize that Kam lays it all out there on the field, and that in doing so, he puts his health at risk.and that's why he feels the need to get the big money while he can, BUT, $7,000,000 a Year isn't exactly chump change ,and if he were to honor his CONTRACT, he'd have well over $40,000,000 (because everybody knows that the Seahawks would have re-negotiated his CONTRACT in the not so distant future)
Think about this Kam, there are soldiers that are risking a hell of a lot more for their commitment in the Military, than you make in >ONE< , that's >> 1 << freaking game check.
You get to PLAY for millions, while they HAVE to make a life or death RISK for what you'd consider to be "Chump Change"

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2w607vez said:
I realize that Kam lays it all out there on the field, and that in doing so, he puts his health at risk.and that's why he feels the need to get the big money while he can, BUT, $7,000,000 a Year isn't exactly chump change ,and if he were to honor his CONTRACT, he'd have well over $40,000,000 (because everybody knows that the Seahawks would have re-negotiated his CONTRACT in the not so distant future)
Think about this Kam, there are soldiers that are risking a hell of a lot more for their commitment in the Military, than you make in >ONE< , that's >> 1 << freaking game check.
You get to PLAY for millions, while they HAVE to make a life or death RISK for what you'd consider to be "Chump Change"

Word.

I support the team for not budging and I support Allen for letting it known. It is the first time he has spoken during the PC/JS era and I couldn't be happier.

Lets trade him to the Browns for Issiah Crowell and some picks
or
Lets trade him to the Redskins for Matt Jones and some picks. Make it happen John .

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Kam retweeted this about an hour ago...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Giavanni_Ruffin/status/642812859890692096[/tweet]

That doesn't seem like a guy who's planning to show up at the VMAC with his hat in hand.

ihawk

Reaction score
No, don't trade him. Don't give him an inch. You make an example of him by letting him sit out a year. Call his fines and let him lose his game checks. Eventually he has to either tuck his tail and report by week 10 or not accrue a season on his contract. Yes it's a distraction and it sucks. But what player is going to ever pull this garbage again if you do that?

seahawksteve

Reaction score
couldn't agree more from this previous post.

only question that I have is what happened from the end of the season, the trip to Hawaii, OTAs and mini camp that made Kam want to holdout.

if anyone has read the SI season preview, there is an article about that trip to Hawaii and getting Kam to go was a big deal and there was a mention about him possibly holdout back then. if this was previously discussed I apologize. GO HAWKS!

chris98251

Reaction score
Stay the course, if you don't then a domino effect can happen, if Bailey can play good we are still fine, the pressure then turns on Kam. Trading is a stupid idea all the way around, we won't get value, the team we trade too will have to have a guarantee he will report or a restructured contract and then trade, all this reduces his value to middling picks since it is now viewed as a favor taking him off our hands.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
His back and forth with fans on Twitter is odd. Especially in the last hour. This whole situation is strange and personally the oddest holdout I can remember.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I must say I was fooled and naive when its came to this fella.

I just thought he cared more about the team and the fans.

You would think that tens of millions of dollars would be enough

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
brimsalabim":30c3ae2x said:
Cam might be the most important player on our defense so I hope he comes back now. If not then we better spend some money on the OL so the offense can carry the defense for a change.
Not even close

253hawk

Reaction score
Kam has the easiest job on the defense since he's not banging around in the front 7 every play, doesn't have to guard man-on-man like the CB's and doesn't have to fly everywhere like Thomas, and it's only looking easier with our beefed-up DL and LB depth this season.

This idiot's already incurred more money in fines from this debacle than I've made busting my ass for my entire life. He needs to get over it. When the richest, most hands-off owner in the league decides to weigh in on your situation, you've done effed up. Crap like this is souring me on pro sports.

Latest posts