Fans of the Seahawks, be proud of what you've endured

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I assumed this post was in regards to the previous 40 years prior to XLVIII by the title.

Good post tho, last season was frustrating. In fact, everything has been frustrating since the end of 49.

I don't see 9-7 as hitting Rick bottom tho, compared to the early 90s teams imo.
If anything last season will hopefully serve as a wakeup call to Carroll and co.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":32aw68gp said:
pittpnthrs":32aw68gp said:
We still have the safety that went into a locker room last season and told the opposing team to sign him

Oh good God, get over it already.

Why should he? Earl is still here and the point he was disputing is... "they were all gone". His point is valid IMO.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1firik3p said:
I assumed this post was in regards to the previous 40 years prior to XLVIII by the title.

Good post tho, last season was frustrating. In fact, everything has been frustrating since the end of 49.

I don't see 9-7 as hitting Rick bottom tho, compared to the early 90s teams imo.
If anything last season will hopefully serve as a wakeup call to Carroll and co.

Yeah of course last season pails in significance to the earlier years, but most don’t tend to moan about them. It’s the current vibe I’m trying to improve here :)

We had a pretty shitty season last year and most things that could go wrong, did.

Trying to sympathise whilst also lifting everyone’s spirits a little :)

Hope it worked.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
cough cough 1992 cough cough :pukeface:
1985 was incredibly frustrating, especially coming off a 12-4 season in 84. Will never forget the most mediocre season of all time. 2 wins, 2 losses, repeat the entire season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":yvbs8znp said:
original poster":yvbs8znp said:
The big egos, the ‘look at me’s’, the attention seekers…they’re all gone.

They arent all gone. Just a few. We still have the safety that went into a locker room last season and told the opposing team to sign him along with having some troublesome tweets throughout the season, we still have Kam who has piped up from time to time on both social media and in the press along with the holding out issue a couple years ago. He'll probably never play again, but make no mistake about it, he will milk us for everything he can and he will be heard this season. We also still have Baldwin who is one of the most vocal players ever and while he doesnt usually torment the team, he's the one thats flipped off and even shoved the coaching staff on national TV. He's definitely a type A personality.

Just because we cut bait with Sherman, Graham, and Bennett doesnt mean we're out of the woods just yet. There will be drama.
Hey, if the going is too tough for some of y'all, I hear that the BROWNS are looking for a few more never-give-up fans, and have even installed some brand new butt cushions on their bandwagons LOL.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2zbrarld said:
MontanaHawk05":2zbrarld said:
pittpnthrs":2zbrarld said:
We still have the safety that went into a locker room last season and told the opposing team to sign him

Why should he? Earl is still here and the point he was disputing is... "they were all gone". His point is valid IMO.
No the POINT the OP was making, was Yes, we pretty much HAD a crap season in 2017, now, we can choose to wallow around in negativity, OR, put the shit behind us and move on.
Or for some negative nellies? try'n find something new to be bummed about.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
original poster":3oz4986s said:
Jerhawk":3oz4986s said:

Yeah of course last season pails in significance to the earlier years, but most don’t tend to moan about them. It’s the current vibe I’m trying to improve here :)

We had a pretty shitty season last year and most things that could go wrong, did.

Hope it worked.
Hey, it worked for me. :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2lbl8m9t said:
Seymour":2lbl8m9t said:
MontanaHawk05":2lbl8m9t said:
pittpnthrs":2lbl8m9t said:

No the POINT the OP was making, was Yes, we pretty much HAD a crap season in 2017, now, we can choose to wallow around in negativity, OR, put the shit behind us and move on.

Weird post. It was not even to the OP that he responded to. Also, we always get to make that choice, not just in 2018. :roll: Expressing opinion on Earl staying is not "wallowing in the negative". He's a top level all pro level player. But keeping a player around that thumbs his nose at the team and fans is going to bring controversy.....period.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
scutterhawk":sonj93qj said:
original poster":sonj93qj said:
Jerhawk":sonj93qj said:

Hope it worked.
Hey, it worked for me. :2thumbs:

Thanks, made me smile :2thumbs:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
original poster":37yc3c05 said:
Jerhawk":37yc3c05 said:

Hope it worked.

Oh heck yeah it worked. It was a great read, I meant no disrespect.

Looking forward to next year. Can't wait to see how the team responds to this adversity!

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I have been a season ticket holder for 35 years. I have seen the good bad and the ugly. This will be a rebuilding year. Despite this we might surprise some people. None the less our division has gotten just a tad tougher with all of the trades recently. I will continue to support the Hawks like I have since they came to town.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":11ffix03 said:
Great post! The beautiful thing about hitting rock bottom is that it forces you pick yourself back up.

I just saw the over/under in Vegas is 8 wins for the Seahawks. Take the over if you're a betting man! Seahawks are going to surprise some people with how quickly they rebound.

Go Hawks!

Rock bottom? You have got to be kidding.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seanhawk":28jsnwud said:
hawknation2018":28jsnwud said:
Great post! The beautiful thing about hitting rock bottom is that it forces you pick yourself back up.

I just saw the over/under in Vegas is 8 wins for the Seahawks. Take the over if you're a betting man! Seahawks are going to surprise some people with how quickly they rebound.

Go Hawks!

Nope...he's not. Rock bottom for the "2018 fans" is the key there.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1qhdcgpb said:
hawknation2018":1qhdcgpb said:

Go Hawks!

Agreed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":urfsv92m said:
scutterhawk":urfsv92m said:
Seymour":urfsv92m said:
MontanaHawk05":urfsv92m said:

Weird post. It was not even to the OP that he responded to. Also, we always get to make that choice, not just in 2018. :roll: Expressing opinion on Earl staying is not "wallowing in the negative". He's a top level all pro level player. But keeping a player around that thumbs his nose at the team and fans is going to bring controversy.....period.
So, hmm, you're admitting that y'all are being CONTRARY, and got completely AWAY from the OP's OP? :roll: interesting indeed. :141847_bnono:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
If 9-7 is rock bottom, then we have truly become spoiled. I thought rock bottom was Mirer.
Great post and I look forward to August.

flippyflea

Reaction score
Great Post!

This may sound crazy, but here is what I miss the most. The belief/feeling that no matter what the circumstances were on the field that we would still have a chance to win every game. I look forward to regaining some of that magic this year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Plenty of that stuff was indeed very bad, but come on we were still 9-7 and a couple of kicks away from 11-5. If that's rock bottom then we are ridiculously spoiled. I'm all for high expectations and optimism but having realistic expectations would go a long ways to making this place less toxic when we lose a game.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Over 40 years of SEAHAWK football so I'm in it for the long haul and last year wasn't even close to some of the things hawk fans have endured like the vinny testaverde five foot away from the goal line and the refs called it a TD
That's the reason we have replay becauase of that play , not even gonna talk about SB 40 and many others
If anyone remembers , Pete and John brought us out of this funk so I am still one for IN PETE AND JOHN I TRUST
Oh and i haven't forgotten about you OP , nice site BTW