Regardless what happens from here on out...

Rainger

Reaction score
this has been the greatest season since the SB loss. Regardless of what record the Hawks end up with, Pete has been vindicated.

The team is on the rise and the anchor around the teams neck is now sinking the Broncos, (a team for us who followed the team in the early years love to hate).

The offense is fun to watch, the defense is improving and the Broncos could end up last in their division. After "the" trade, can anyone have imagined that this year would (so far) turn out like this??

Just think of the picks next year and the growth this year. Man I haven't been this excited since the SB years.

Thank you Pete for finally having the light turn on and the move forward, rather trying to do the same thing, beating OUR heads against the wall year after year chasing a declining narcissistic player.

Onward and upward.

schkoot

Reaction score
Agreed.

Semi-related side-note: It's weird when people say we should let RW go and not focus on him since he's "gone" but also hold a deep-seated grudge against a team we haven't been in a division with for two decades.

My dislike for the Donkos has faded way more than my dislike for RW. We blasted them in the SB and fleeced them in the upcoming drafts.

Grudge settled in my book.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Agreed.

Semi-related side-note: It's weird when people say we should let RW go and not focus on him since he's "gone" but also hold a deep-seated grudge against a team we haven't been in a division with for two decades.

My dislike for the Donkos has faded way more than my dislike for RW. We blasted them in the SB and fleeced them in the upcoming drafts.

Well the LOB, and the D and Lynch and Harvin blasted them. RW was very average which is why he didn't win MVP of the SB.

schkoot

Reaction score
Yep. ST and the D scored enough to beat them without even the mightt BEAST needing a single carry. Lynch's touchdown handshake put a nice cherry on top.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Agreed.

(EDIT out of respect for @schkoot after a further exchange with him about this)
Spoken like somebody who doesn't remember seeing The Teeth on TV all the damn time in the '80s.
I can't let go after having to see The Teeth on TV all the damn time in the '80s and early-to-mid '90s.

I still dislike the Raiders and Broncos more than I dislike the Rams and Gold Diggers.

I'm also rooting against the Broncos this season because the worse they do, the better those Broncos picks in the next draft become.

But there's also a part of my rooting for Bronco failure this season that's for Wilson specifically.
Wilson forced his way out in a way that was designed to make himself look better. The huge dead-money hole in the cap made it much harder for the Seahawks to build a decent team this season, and Wilson was going to a team that looked stacked except at QB. Wilson thought he was going to "pull a Brady," win a quick title or two, and get talking-head mediots to say that now he had proved that all the Seahawks' success in 2012-2021 was more due to Wilson than to the rest of the Seahawks players and Carroll.
So yes, I find it beyond delicious that Wilson has been a below-average QB through six games. He's 23rd in passer rating, 30th in completion percentage, 20th in DYAR, 20th in DVOA. He's leading the 22nd-best offense in yards per game and the worst offense in the league in points per game. Remember when talking-head mediots (and some Wilson fans who have been rooting against the Seahawks lately) thought the Broncos were going to put up 40 or even 50 on the Seahawks in the opener? Ha! The Broncos don't put up 50 in THREE games.

Last night, Wilson started out (EDIT) 10/11 10/10, but still ended up 15/28. That means that after being (EDIT) 10/11 10/10 he went (EDIT) 5/17 5/18 with the game on the line. The Broncos' only two possessions in overtime were RW3-and-outs. So despite having jumped out to a 10-0 lead, despite Wilson's supposed prime-time magic (the Wilson Broncos are now 1-3 in prime-time games), despite Wilson supposedly living for clutch moments (hahahaha two RW3-and-outs in overtime), and despite the Broncos defense being one of the best in the league, and despite Herbert not having a good night, the Broncos lost again and are now 2-4.

Last edited:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
There have been some exciting games this season for sure. But greatest season since 2014, with a 3-3 record? Sorry. No.

schkoot

Reaction score
Spoken like somebody who doesn't remember seeing The Teeth on TV all the damn time in the '80s.
That's a big negative. went to my first Seahawks game in 1983. Saw Seahawks/Broncos game with *the teeth* in the flesh. I'm not saying you should stop disliking them. I'm saying we have officially ****** them up worse than they ever did to us.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
There have been some exciting games this season for sure. But greatest season since 2014, with a 3-3 record? Sorry. No.

Youre missing the nuance

Sometimes its about more than just the record

Not often, but in this case, yes :)

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Gotta read it in context, the team after the SB loss always felt like it was going through the motions.

My excitement is seeing a new team not the same old, also the build and the vindication and settling of all the controversy that has been around the team since that loss.

So I am excited about the future. You can see this all negatively or get excited for the future.

toffee

Reaction score
This is an unusual season, our 'super bowl' came on the opening day. Pete willed the team to win, and Geno repaid Pete for his trust, football God also smile at us some. 12s had our football orgasm, any additional wins were suppose to be aftershocks. BUT, all of a sudden, our Geno became #1 ranked QB, lol, that was not an aftershock, that's an 7.9 quake by itself. Now, this rebuilding-3-win-max team has the 12s thinking of playoff, every game is winnable.

Man, I am loving the ride on this Pumpkin carriage, let's ride!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
That's a big negative. went to my first Seahawks game in 1983. Saw Seahawks/Broncos game with *the teeth* in the flesh. I'm not saying you should stop disliking them. I'm saying we have officially ****** them up worse than they ever did to us.

OK, fair enough. I get what you're saying. I'd prob'ly be happier if I could learn to let go of stuff, especially in this case, after what you've correctly recognized as the Seahawks very thoroughly fscking up the Broncos in the last ten years. I went and edited my previous comment in this thread out of respect for you and your position.

Maybe my middle-school teachers shouldn't have taught me (back in the early '80s) about what Rome did to Carthage at the end of the Third Punic War.