Ray McDonald arrested for domestic violence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TAB420":1r3la87l said:
lvnginhwktwn":1r3la87l said:
loafoftatupu":1r3la87l said:
Marvin49":1r3la87l said:
Second, please show me a report of exactly what injuries she had and something that states specifically how she got them. This is the entire problem with your reasoning and the reasoning with peeps in the media. You assume guilt.

The sacbee mentions the injuries here

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/09/01/666856 ... unday.html

Of course no one is reporting that McDonald made the bruises. The comment was that the bruises didn't just magically appear and a 911 phone call was made. Sure... there is a possibility that the bruise fairy showed up, that a pregnant woman conspired to teach her man a lesson or that someone else made the bruises on this girl. But it was Ray that was arrested for FELONY DV, a 911 call was made and the reports are that the fiance has bruises on her neck.

But yeah... there is no certified video evidence.

So you've never had to physically restrain a friend acting stupid at a party or bar? How many of you have ever had your Ole lady snap at a party when she was drunk and had to hog tie her to get her to settle down. I know you guys would just love to see another 9er get suspended but there might actually be more to the story.

Never had to restrain my girlfriend/wife around the neck, so that it left bruises.
Me neither...you'd have to be holding someone down hard and for awhile for that I would think

Laloosh

Reaction score
Maybe Ray is innocent. Mike McCarthy just accused Darrell Bevell of rape and while it may be true, I think Darrell deserves a beer rather than cuffs.

Cartire

Reaction score
Laloosh":21o8bg36 said:
Maybe Ray is innocent. Mike McCarthy just accused Darrell Bevell of rape and while it may be true, I think Darrell deserves a beer rather than cuffs.

:happydrunks:

RationalNiner

Reaction score
I can't believe there is a huge thread here over this issue. No one knows what really happened or if McDonald was defending himself.

I do think there is a double standard, however. No one would talk about firing a female if she struck or injured her husband. They would just assume the husband deserved it.

I am not condoning domestic abuse, but there is a double standard.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RationalNiner":1an0ygrp said:
I can't believe there is a huge thread here over this issue. No one knows what really happened or if McDonald was defending himself.

I do think there is a double standard, however. No one would talk about firing a female if she struck or injured her husband. They would just assume the husband deserved it.

There is a double standard, but as a rational person, I think you can understand why it is justified when you consider the reality of the world we live in. Every day, thousands of women in the world are killed by violent spouses. Every single minute, 24 women are hurt by domestic violence in the U.S.

A police recording shows McDonald's wife reported that she was hit by McDonald and that he attempted to forcibly pull her from his house party. According to the police, she had visible bruising on her neck and arms.

You can't play someone when there is strong evidence they have abused their partner. Employees are allowed to suspend an employee while such an investigation is pending. Hiding behind due process is incredibly cowardly and selfish, IMO.

TAB420

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1uxym23a said:
Guess you guys have never been to a party in Hawaii.

No, but I partied the first 20 years of my life on a Indian reservation. Still never bruised my girlfriends neck.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
hawknation2014":17g6z4qq said:
RationalNiner":17g6z4qq said:

There is a double standard, but as a rational person, I think you can understand why it is justified when you consider the reality of the world we live in. Every day, thousands of women in the world are killed by violent spouses. Every single minute, 24 women are hurt by domestic violence in the U.S.

A police recording shows McDonald's wife reported that she was hit by McDonald and that he attempted to forcibly pull her from his house party. According to the police, she had visible bruising on her neck and arms.

You can't play someone when there is strong evidence they have abused their partner. Employees are allowed to suspend an employee while such an investigation is pending. Hiding behind due process is incredibly cowardly and selfish, IMO.

Yeah, I get that usually a man can do much more damage to a woman, but I don't think that excuses the double standard.
Keep in mind I come from a broken household in which my father would beat my mother in front of me. This does hit close to home.

As far as McDonald, I heard of what happened, but I'd like to hear his side of the story first to see if she physically struck or attacked him first.

If he did simply attack her without her posing any kind of threat to his safety, I would agree with cutting him.

homerun1970

Reaction score
RationalNiner":30zu6365 said:
hawknation2014":30zu6365 said:
RationalNiner":30zu6365 said:
Yeah, I get that usually a man can do much more damage to a woman, but I don't think that excuses the double standard.
Keep in mind I come from a broken household in which my father would beat my mother in front of me. This does hit close to home.

As far as McDonald, I heard of what happened, but I'd like to hear his side of the story first to see if she physically struck or attacked him first.

If he did simply attack her without her posing any kind of threat to his safety, I would agree with cutting him.

I could maybe buy into it but for the fact you are talking a large professional athlete and also that he went to the throat if the reports are correct. I have restrained people smaller than me and I never have had to go to their throat or choke to do it. If my boss just came out and said DV would not be tolerated and the commissioner just said 6 games minimum no pay , I could take getting hit by a much smaller person and walk the hell away for a few million.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":2indcspd said:
Popeyejones":2indcspd said:
*(and if he's not charged, regardless of what emerges and the reasons why, it will no doubt be another mark for some here of the massive conspiracy to hold down the Hawks and prop their rivals up... :) )

The perception around here isn't that it's a conspiracy to hold down the Hawks. Is that honestly the point you want to make or is that just a jab at SEA fans because you felt like sticking one in there?

The smiley face was meant to convey that I was messing around (in reference to the joke about trolling upthread). Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RationalNiner":290mu5ld said:

Defending himself from a pregnant woman? C'mon, if you want to give yourself the name RationalNiner, you are going to have to do better than that.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
RationalNiner":37g4q5pg said:
hawknation2014":37g4q5pg said:
RationalNiner":37g4q5pg said:

They won't cut him. At least not this year.

They just converted his salary to signing bonus so if they cut him, the money would accelerate and they would actually have to cut somebody else for cap space.

IE, they'd have to fire another person who did nothing because McDonalds screwed up.

Won't happen. They might sit him out all season, but they won't outright release him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":roghdogn said:
RationalNiner":roghdogn said:
hawknation2014":roghdogn said:
RationalNiner":roghdogn said:

They just converted his salary to signing bonus so if they cut him, the money would accelerate and they would actually have to cut somebody else for cap space.

IE, they'd have to fire another person who did nothing because McDonalds screwed up.

Won't happen. They might sit him out all season, but they won't outright release him.

Well, hope he doesn't kill someone. Wouldn't that be embarrassing? "Sorry everybody, we can't cut him because we'd have to cut someone else but don't you worry, we'll bench him."

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1qh4c02s said:
Marvin49":1qh4c02s said:
hawknation2014":1qh4c02s said:
Marvin49":1qh4c02s said:
Just a note...

...I have heard some rumors that would suggest there is more to it, but I don't want to lend a voice to them until they are more substantiated.

So much wishful thinking. :177692:

These kinds of posts crack me up.

Of course I'm wishing this isn't true. Aren't you?

I don't live in a fantasy world where bruises magically appeared on his fiance's neck. This douchebag should be in jail, not starting on Sundays for the Santa Clara 49ers.

Nobody has concocted a fantasy in which the police didn't say that she had light bruising on her arms and neck (although see my earlier post on the contextual use of "light bruising" and why I question that qualifier they used).

I just think that many of us (some Hawks and 9ers fans alike) have been through this rodeo enough times (Lynch this summer, Kaepernick, Lockette and Patton this summer, Crabtree before the Super Bowl against the Ravens, Sherman's PED charge, Aldon at LAX, etc., etc., etc.) to realize that lining up to cast the first stone based on limited information isn't always prudent.

We know MUCH less than anyone even tangentially involved in this (meaning anyone there, the SJPD, Goodell, the 9ers org, the D.A., probably a fair number of players throughout the league who have gotten the inside scoop, maybe even a reporter or two), which should reasonably temper our moral grandstanding until we know what we're talking about. My first reaction was very emotional, I did't care and just wanted to cut the bastard. I still have that urge and it's only now that I've started to consider how little I know (and that's largely based on McDonald, Goodell and the 9ers not behaving so far as I'd expect them to if my assumptions about the event are correct <---- although I still tilt toward assuming I'm right and wanting them to cut him ;) ).

And Marvin's right. I don't want a domestic abuser on the team I root for, but calling it "wishful thinking" to not want this to be true is idiotic. I don't care who you root for, you're an @sshole if you want this to be true and not holding out hope that it isn't. That goes for ALL possible cases of domestic violence.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1h2nej1w said:
Marvin49":1h2nej1w said:
RationalNiner":1h2nej1w said:
hawknation2014":1h2nej1w said:

Well, hope he doesn't kill someone. Wouldn't that be embarrassing? "Sorry everybody, we can't cut him because we'd have to cut someone else but don't you worry, we'll bench him."

Is that what I said?

He didn't kill someone.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":1s0yg9oa said:
Laloosh":1s0yg9oa said:
Marvin49":1s0yg9oa said:

Is that what I said?

He didn't kill someone.

He just attempted to.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":169dhlto said:
Marvin49":169dhlto said:
Laloosh":169dhlto said:
Marvin49":169dhlto said:

Is that what I said?

He didn't kill someone.

He just attempted to.

Nice hyperbole.

Say it again and 90% of the peeps on this board will believe it as fact.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
homerun1970":3q95qlit said:
Marvin most people don't survive long without air.

smdh.

Typical.

Now he's an attempted murderer. I can't wait to see what's next in your little tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.