Quarterback options for 2024

strohmin

Reaction score
Qb is not going to change the mediocre aura this team has. Whoever we bring in at qb will become mediocre within a season or two.

NoGain

Reaction score
Williams and Maye seem unrealistic for the Hawks. But any QB beyond those two is quite possible for the Hawks if they're willing to do what it takes to get their guy. It seems Daniels might be in play for us, and certainly just about any other QB outside the top three. Is Daniels a guy we'd want?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Agreed, We could trade our 2024 and 2025 1st rounders to move up high enough to get a Zach Wilson or a Trey Lance.

Keep picking till you get a keeper sounds like what the Browns and Jets did for years until they gave up and got Watson and Rodgers respectively (not that that is going well for them either)
There were a lot of hard ons around here for Malik Willis a couple years ago. Just saying

nanomoz

Reaction score
But watch tape of how he treats his teammates. It’s not great
When he was in high school? Ya, let's pass terminal judgment on 17-year-olds in the national spotlight.

Ozzy

Reaction score
There were a lot of hard ons around here for Malik Willis a couple years ago. Just saying
I think this is overstated. It was a minority position and most draft pundits were way down on Willis as the process played out. Not saying there weren’t some for sure but I don’t think it’s as many as people keep saying. Regardless though you’re going to miss on some and bit on some. The position is so valuable though you have to try

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Penix needs an OL that allows him to sit in the pocket and throw darts. Nix has the mobility to RPO, scramble, etc. I would try to trade up in second round for him and draft DL in first.

If you want to sacrifice next year’s draft, might trade up to #5 with Chargers, but still don’t get a top-3 QB, and the others aren’t worth the cost.

NoGain

Reaction score
If you want to sacrifice next year’s draft, might trade up to #5 with Chargers, but still don’t get a top-3 QB, and the others aren’t worth the cost.
Yup. We kind of PCed our way out of a high draft pick, at least high enough to trade up for one of the top 3 QB's. I just don't know who beyond the top three QB's is worth tossing away draft capital for? I don't know what the Hawks will do or even what I think they should do. I guess you can't go wrong with drafting an OLman in a strong year for such a thing, or even trading up for a Bowers who looks like he could be a star in the league.

We've got time to sort such things out.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Yup. We kind of PCed our way out of a high draft pick, at least high enough to trade up for one of the top 3 QB's. I just don't know who beyond the top three QB's is worth tossing away draft capital for? I don't know what the Hawks will do or even what I think they should do. I guess you can't go wrong with drafting an OLman in a strong year for such a thing, or even trading up for a Bowers who looks like he could be a star in the league.

We've got time to sort such things out.
The Hawks are not in a good position to draft a QB. JS is too smart to over-reach.

Sometimes the best option is to stay flexible and look for opportunities on draft night.

12forlife

Reaction score
DJ U, only if we plan on moving him to TE.

If we can land cousins, and draft Travis in the 4th round. That would flip our QB room and be a home run.

I’d also be cool with signing cousins and Fields.

It would also allow us to use our 1sr on a LB or safety, both of which are big areas of need this off season.
I agree 💯! It really all depends on the new HC and how much say they are allowed on personal.
I like the idea of Cousins 2-3yr deal.
Draft Pratt or Travis to learn under Cousins. May have to use our 2nd 3rd rd pick to secure Travis.
Or what if the contingency for Harbaugh to come to Seattle, is he wants JJ McCarthy?

12forlife

Reaction score
The Penix homers haven't been watching him the last few games.
Dude has a live NFL caliber arm! I only watched a couple Huskie games, but it always seemed like he was dinged up, yes played through it. But always winsing, and grabbing at his ribs or humped over between plays.

12forlife

Reaction score
Penix needs an OL that allows him to sit in the pocket and throw darts. Nix has the mobility to RPO, scramble, etc. I would try to trade up in second round for him and draft DL in first.

They wouldn't move to 5 unless Maye or Daniels was sitting there.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
They wouldn't move to 5 unless Maye or Daniels was sitting there.
Maye will be gone for sure before #5, and I doubt Daniels is worth the cost. They would probably want our first round 2025 pick.

TwilightError

Reaction score
If it took just the 25 1st to get Daniels, I would do that right away. But I dont believe that will enough.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I like Jordan Travis. A lot. But one name I don't see being talked about is Joe Milton from Tennessee. He's 6'5 244 lbs and has a howitzer for an arm. He did have an injury in college that sidelined him and was replaced by Hendon Hooker. Not a polished product by any means but as a late round pickup with his abilities and athleticism, he may be the perfect guy to sit behind Geno for a year or 2.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
If it took just the 25 1st to get Daniels, I would do that right away. But I dont believe that will enough.
Well, it’s 700 points on the trade value chart. So we are already paying them a premium in the trade, unless you figure Seahawks are top-7 in W-L for 2024.

PFF now rates Nix as #4 QB. Personally, I would take him at #16. But if you want to take a little risk, trade back a little lower. Let’s see how all these guys look coming out of the combine.

Last edited:

Echawks

Reaction score
if williams or maye is schneiders guy.. you unload to get him.

if we didnt have Wilson, schneider would have sent out offers for Mahomes or Allen

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
if williams or maye is schneiders guy.. you unload to get him.

if we didnt have Wilson, schneider would have sent out offers for Mahomes or Allen
As a Bears fan, I hope the Bears either draft Williams themselves or else trade down only one or two places to get Harrison.

Maye almost certainly goes to commanders or Pats.