Prosise Prediction

Elemas

Reaction score
3 game averages...

50+ yards rushing
25+ receiving

Signs with Detroit next year for $4M+ annually.

:|

Seymour

Reaction score
Out with toenail fungus by the 3rd Q.

:snack:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I don’t know why people so low on Prosise. A healthy Prosise can be really good for this offense.

Prosise doesn’t have the elite burst and acceleration Penny does. But he does have really good top end speed. As a former receiver he’s probably the best route runner of the group. I do think Penny probably has better hands though

I just spent time re-watching all of his runs, including in preseason. Also decided to go back to his 2015 college tape. He hasn’t had any major injury that should have impacted his speed. When I watch him I see a running back that is deliberate and shuffles well. Almost like Leveon Bell. The offense will change a bit, but if Schotty is smart he’ll split him out wide more and try to get him in space

olyfan63

Reaction score
Scorpion05, thank you for that analysis. I've wondered about the differences myself, as they seem to have many similarities. Penny then showed a bunch of progress the last few games before injury.
I think the Penny burst comment is on track, with equivalent top-end speed. Neither gets caught from behind by anyone short of Patrick Peterson in his prime. I do wonder about the Penny "better hands" comment, over Prosise and his receiver background, but that's more of an "I didn't know Penny was rated as having great hands" thing.

I would add that Prosise is a better and more committed between-the-tackles runner than Penny, but now I'm not sure that's true anymore after Penny started showing improvement there.

I've been mildly puzzled by the very few snaps Prosise has gotten this year, "healthy scratch". I never felt the team really leveled with fans about the nature of his injuries, and/or the team doctors were baffled by something unique about his situation. This year seemed like the first time he actually was healthy in a long time. The team said something about how he'd had some "core" surgery during the offseason.

We'll see how many snaps Prosise gets the next few games and how Schotty uses him. Should be interesting. I suppose we could go back and review tape of the 2016 game where Prosise was the feature back in the road win over the Patriots, and guess that Schotty has seen that too and taken notes.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1ghp0f5q said:
Ya he was great...in a single game...3 years ago...
Make that at least two games. Prosise was great in the Eagles game the week after too, IIRC. Watch his brilliant TD run in that one. Unfortunately, he sustained a fractured scapula a little later in the game.
[youtube]xXhRe16fUtI[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
Prosise doesn't step like a RB he strides which means he needs a lane, stutter step and cut to hole is something I have not seen from him like a RB has.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
I'm not low on him...he is definitely injury prone.

I actually expect him to "break out" if you will...and immediately be picked up by a team next year based on his upcoming performance.

This is the last year of his rookie contract. It would be no coincidence to see him out there running like a wild man.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's the frustrating part about him. He does have a lot of talent and we have seen it. Fingers crossed that he contributes on Sunday and stays healthy. He is plenty capable of contributing.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":37owzbsu said:
That's the frustrating part about him. He does have a lot of talent and we have seen it. Fingers crossed that he contributes on Sunday and stays healthy. He is plenty capable of contributing.

He is an elite athlete but clearly there is something mental holding him back. Whether it's psychological or inability to learn, I don't know but with all his athletic skills he should be seeing the field more. But it's like Pete's been wrapping him in bubble wrap this year. IN a contract year where there is nothing to be lost if we abuse his potential.

Something is off.

But I predict he gets a few carries and gets injured and Homer becomes the main backup.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Prediction - he stays healthy, and averages over 100 combined yards per game.

In the offseason, he signs for 4 years, at 3 million APY, with 7 million guaranteed.

On the opening offensive play of the 2020 regular season, he goes down to a insignificant looking, but career ending, injury.

xray

Reaction score
He gets pulled in the 1st after he breaks his attention span .

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I hope he's the Super Bowl MVP and signs elsewhere following the season for 10M/year. That would be a win-win end to his time here. And also his new team would then have to put up with him missing games due to a <fill in stupid minor injury here>, instead of us.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hard to believe that this is his 5th year here (and probably his last). If they run him up the gut he won't do jack squat except maybe fumble or get hurt.

Get him open out of the backfield or swing passes, to me he's more of a receiver than an RB.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
olyfan63":1e7oxevt said:
We'll see how many snaps Prosise gets the next few games and how Schotty uses him. Should be interesting. I suppose we could go back and review tape of the 2016 game where Prosise was the feature back in the road win over the Patriots, and guess that Schotty has seen that too and taken notes.

Me thinking Penny has better hands than Prosise is a bit subjective, but I do think Penny has softer hands. I’ve seen Penny make some one handed catches too

Watching Prosise in preseason, he just looks a bit stronger, more confident. Granted, we’ll see what happens come game time. But I feel good about Prosise going forward. Like I said, I think the best use of Prosise is getting him in space against a linebacker. Spread him out wide at times. He can make plays and when healthy he’s probably the best RB3 you can find

truehawksfan

Reaction score
The number of touches Prosise gets is quite obvious to me.

We won’t see much if the offense sh@ts itself like the Rams game.

We’ll see at least 10 touches and at least big, chunk play, it the offense replicates the game against the Vikes.

To me, he’s very much like Paul Richardson. Everyone was down on him because he was always hurt and a high round pick.

We need a spark from someone. Penny was it, so I hope Prosise, Homer, or Gordon can step up and provide that spark because the offense badly needs it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else, but I just want them to get this win so we can stop dwelling on the Rams poop show :lol: