Pretty clear that the plan is to fix the running game

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The adding of players only part of the equation. If we pass the ball 60% of the time like last year then we can expect another exit in the playoffs.

sdog1981

Reaction score
After blowing out his knee in October of last year. Do any of us know if Jokel will even be ready to go by the preseaon?

Seymour

Reaction score
sdog1981":3fbyw6rz said:
After blowing out his knee in October of last year. Do any of us know if Jokel will even be ready to go by the preseaon?

Exactly the top reason I've been down on hearing the $7M guarantee.

Last report I heard was questionable to start the year. No practice with new team and new scheme, and hop off the crutches and go play a real game for a guy that was a below average player to begin with?? Sad attempt to improve IMO, hope I'm wrong though.

Jville

Reaction score
If you you guys had more faith in the team medical and conditioning staffs, you wouldn't have to put yourself through so much worry and such.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":ysjo9rc9 said:
If you you guys had more faith in the team medical and conditioning staffs, you wouldn't have to put yourself through so much worry and such.

They were employed here during the Percy Harvin debacle, sooo...just sayin'.

Maybe he too will be ready to play when his old team comes to town. 8)

Jville

Reaction score
So without faith or trust in an organization, your left with a confidence crisis.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":3n28qq6o said:
So without faith or trust in an organization, your left with a confidence crisis.

Your right! :mrgreen:

Josea16

Reaction score
Seymour":315atnbx said:
sdog1981":315atnbx said:

Exactly the top reason I've been down on hearing the $7M guarantee.

Last report I heard was questionable to start the year. No practice with new team and new scheme, and hop off the crutches and go play a real game for a guy that was a below average player to begin with?? Sad attempt to improve IMO, hope I'm wrong though.
They did what they could given the OL market went into the stratosphere quickly. And tried to get an elite guard with a good offer that was matched by a team in the geographic region he wanted to be in if the money was in ballpark of our offer. The talent is there with Joekel let's just see if Cable is as great as Pete insists because if OL doesn't dramatically improve both are likely to be gone after 2017. He figured out how to use Britt so he may just shock us again.

Tical21

Reaction score
I like the idea of only doing one year deals. I'm thinking they are trying to get Lacy or Murray to take one, and will default to AD or Charles if they won't.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If the Hawks are looking for a 1 year deal then the best best is going to be Lacy or AP. Lacy may not have a lot of suitors at this juncture and AP is looking at the end at some point.

Murray is really likely looking for his first big contract, which I don't think is warranted.

Really not sure how I feel about any of them, honestly. Best possible scenario for me for a one year contract is that Lynch kept in shape and is as healthy as he's been in quite a few years. I'd honestly rather have him over AP at any point in their careers. I know that's not going to happen so I'd really rather look at the draft. Maybe augment the defense with that money instead.

Not interested in Charles. I'd like to see a consistent grinder that churns out 1st downs and gives you 3rd and short left and right.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3r9rdiub said:
If the Hawks are looking for a 1 year deal then the best best is going to be Lacy or AP. Lacy may not have a lot of suitors at this juncture and AP is looking at the end at some point.

Murray is really likely looking for his first big contract, which I don't think is warranted.

Really not sure how I feel about any of them, honestly. Best possible scenario for me for a one year contract is that Lynch kept in shape and is as healthy as he's been in quite a few years. I'd honestly rather have him over AP at any point in their careers. I know that's not going to happen so I'd really rather look at the draft. Maybe augment the defense with that money instead.

Not interested in Charles. I'd like to see a consistent grinder that churns out 1st downs and gives you 3rd and short left and right.
For the record, Vin, your idea about Marshawn getting serious about a return after a fun year off is the best thing I've seen since free agency began. I'd love to see him come back for at least one more year because he missed it!

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1vwqj13i said:
vin.couve12":1vwqj13i said:

For the record, Vin, your idea about Marshawn getting serious about a return after a fun year off is the best thing I've seen since free agency began. I'd love to see him come back for at least one more year because he missed it!
It will never happen. For some reason even though he has weight issues I kind of hope they sign Lacy. He's a big boy and a grinder and can take 15-20 carries a game when on top of his game. And our OL may be crap right now but they can run block. Not convinced a splash back like AP or JC would work for us.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tical21":34ntsj9n said:
I like the idea of only doing one year deals. I'm thinking they are trying to get Lacy or Murray to take one, and will default to AD or Charles if they won't.

Do you really want Lacy or Murray as your feature back for one year?

Neither of these guys gets me excited for some sort of running game resurgence, especially with how bad our line is.

At least with AP or Charles the upside is exciting to think about, even if the likelihood of AP or Charles regaining their form without getting injured again is slim to none.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Sign Lacy if he is healthy.
He and Russ can diet together.

bighawk

Reaction score
In my opinon they want AP, because he is a freak of nature, JC secondly and EL,and or Murray last but no least. If they can get AP of old then they would strike gold. JC averages over 5.5 yards per carry as well can catch passes out of the backfield as well screen or draws. If healthy Charles is the way to go and hopefully Prosise can show he can stay healthy for a full season. We still can draft a back in the draft.

Latest posts