Pretty clear that the plan is to fix the running game

Hyak

Reaction score
OL - Joeckel on board plus they are interested in Lang.
RB - Interest in Lacy, Murray, and Charles.

RussB

Reaction score
Doing what they should and actually being kind of aggressive . i like it.

Seymour

Reaction score
The main problem I have with "the plan" is they fired the wrong coach.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
With the RBs they could be fishing for a cheap, prove it type deal, that way they can just feast on the defensive side of the ball in the draft, and not worry about plugging the depth on offense with thier top choices.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3h795ljh said:
With the RBs they could be fishing for a cheap, prove it type deal, that way they can just feast on the defensive side of the ball in the draft, and not worry about plugging the depth on offense with thier top choices.

Largely agree. This is the year they need to kill it in reinforcing the defense for LOB Version 2.0.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Wonder if we're maybe going to target DJ Fluker if he lasts past the initial surge in signings.

He's not good at pass pro. But the guy is just a mammoth as a power blocker. If we opt for a mauling RT, we could do a lot worse than him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I honestly don't care about any of these RB's visiting, mainly because the draft is loaded with RB's.

I don't want a stable of oft injured RB's who will play depending on which of them is hurt the least............I want us to draft a young stud that's going to be our primary back for the next 5 years.

So I fully expect us to draft a RB with our 2nd or 3rd round pick. Should still be plenty of good one's available.

Chapow

Reaction score
RussB":3neswf1u said:

So you feel better now? Because a few hours ago you were proclaiming that Pete wasn't going to do anything to address the o line, they were going to ignore our main issue, and that our offense was going to be just as bad as last year.

In the future, maybe wait until the free agency period is a couple hours old before throwing a tantrum and proclaiming what our team is or isn't going to be 6 months from now.

Just a suggestion. Glad to see you're feeling better about how things are going. :irishdrinkers:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
What's clear is they are worried about Rawls and Prosise staying healthy, and are not super excited about the prospect of Collins as a full-time feature back.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
I see the interest in adding competition/talent to the RB group is to hedge against the injury factor and to have them raise their games as opposed to being handed the #1 role. Rawls has missed significant time in both years and Procise played in 4 games or so..

Whether it's with a veteran FA or in the draft, they are going to add to the mix here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":23md969v said:
obvious Rawls and Procise are not the answer for john and pete.
I don't think it says anything about their abilitys, other than the ability to stay on the field. Procise is a game changer when healthy, see the Patriots game.

RussB

Reaction score
Chapow":1li47th5 said:
RussB":1li47th5 said:

So you feel better now? Because a few hours ago you were proclaiming that Pete wasn't going to do anything to address the o line, they were going to ignore our main issue, and that our offense was going to be just as bad as last year.

In the future, maybe wait until the free agency period is a couple hours old before throwing a tantrum and proclaiming what our team is or isn't going to be 6 months from now.

Just a suggestion. Glad to see you're feeling better about how things are going. :irishdrinkers:
Yeah i was just pissed they didnt sign whitworth earlier lol.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2o3bq4pk said:

I don't think that's true at all. Prosise is a nightmare for DCs when healthy, and Rawls just topped Beast Mode's postseason single-game record last year. I think they're just looking for a veteran band-aid in case they get hurt again. If anything, this says that Collins is not the answer.

Mick063

Reaction score
JTB":2vtup007 said:
OL - Joeckel on board plus they are interested in Lang.
RB - Interest in Lacy, Murray, and Charles.

In terms of "bang for the buck", these cast offs aren't going to fix much of anything.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I would hope we'd give Khiry Robinson a look after his recent release

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2wuz1ypb said:

How can they be?

Potential and promise doesn't mean anything in the NFL, production and health does. Neither of these RB's have stayed healthy and proven that they can be depended upon.

Thus....................wall to wall RB visits.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Allegedly inside the building they think Prosise can be an absolute star. He's definitely part of the plan but Pete puts so much emphasis on the running game that he has to hedge his bets. Prosise and Rawls haven't stayed healthy. I would rather see them use the draft but then again I can't see there master plan so maybe grabbing a veteran makes more sense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":21ywue5q said:
Cyrus12":21ywue5q said:

I don't think that's true at all. Prosise is a nightmare for DCs when healthy, and Rawls just topped Beast Mode's postseason single-game record last year. I think they're just looking for a veteran band-aid in case they get hurt again. If anything, this says that Collins is not the answer.

"When Healthy" is your qualifier; Half a season of "topping Beast Mode's postseason single game record" does not replace the identity that Marshawn Lynch brought to the Seahawks Offense.
I love Rawls and Prosise but theyhave yet to show that they can STAY healthy enough to CHANGE all that a proved to stay healthy Beast-Mode brought to the RB stable for SEVERAL seasons.
I don't see ANY of these RB FA's that can re-establish that kind of dominance.
It might very well come down to RB by committee to get us back to where Marshawn Lynch was able to get the Seahawks Run Attack practically all by his lonesome.
I think we need to get, while the getting's good, a young & fresh ground pounding RB EARLY in this years Draft; a RB that Defenses are forced to gang tackle to bring to a stop.