Potential Adams/Diggs replacements

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
It’s interesting to see all these veteran safeties getting dumped. As teams shift to getting younger and cheaper it will be interesting to see how desperate teams are to overpay in FA.

I’m all for younger and cheaper (and hungry) - maybe we can pass the memo along to other non-entertainment entities

SeaWolv

Reaction score
No doubt. Would love to see them trade down and get an extra pick or two. Unless a beast like Byron Murphy is sitting there at 16.
Personally I hope they use that pick on a QB. Rolling with Spoon, Love, Reed and Woolen might be fine with MM running the show. Maybe grab a Simmons or McKinney in FA. We need to re-sign Big Cat, Fant, Lewis, Love, Parkinson and Brooks (?). Then find another DT, ILB, S and IOL in the draft or FA. With all that we may not have enough cap space.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Man Pete made some really bad trades that hamstrung this team. They really need some more draft picks in the 2,3, & 4 rounds. There are some guys that are going to fall to the 2nd and 3rd round that probably should go in the first. Cooper Desean, Payton Wilson, Ladd McConkey, possibly. Guys that could change a team like Luke McCaffrey. And guys they should sniff at like Logan Lee, etc.
Are we going to assign blame for any bad moves to PC and credit any good moves to JS?

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Are we going to assign blame for any bad moves to PC and credit any good moves to JS?
Nope. I have never been sold on JS and he should be on a short leash. If this team isn't in better shape in the next couple of years he should be gone. Most of these bad trades were on the defensive side of the ball, so Pete should own most of the blame.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I wanted him to be a better player, but he was ALWAYS out of position. No more Bryant, please.
I'm not saying as a starter but maybe as a backup. We don't yet have the luxury of moving all the mediocre players out yet.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan

JPatera76

Reaction score
We already replaced Adams with Love. Reed, our special teams ace, could be a potential replacement for Diggs.
I was excited when they picked up love. And when he was given the chance in the right position and right plays, he excelled

Hipflexor

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can be encouraged by anything they've seen from Bryant. He's more likely to get cut before the season than he is to competently man a starting position.

Bryant would rival Tedric and Lano as the most useless safeties in team history

Rat

Reaction score
Bryant would rival Tedric and Lano as the most useless safeties in team history
Sadly, that would feel likely. I thought fans were being delusional last year pretending that moving him from corner to safety was anything other than a bad sign.

I liked him a lot at Cincy and had hopes he could be our Peanut Tillman, but he just looks overmatched in this league. I might have underrated the Sauce Gardner effect.

warden

Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see us pick up Geno Stone in free agency

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign a single big name safety come FA. I've said this in other threads, but I suspect that we're going to make Witherspoon our Hamilton. He was already used in a similar fashion here in Seattle. Carroll kept making comparisons to Troy Polamalu as well, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities that we would've seen something similar here in Seattle with Carroll as well.

One of the key players in MM's defensive scheme is a versatile DB that can be anywhere at a moments notice, ala Kyle Hamilton. He'd kick out to nickel CB, play more like a LB, come off the edge to rush the passer, sometimes he'd square up on the teams best receiver. I can't think of any FA that has that skillset, but we do have our very own guy here that did many of those things, Devon Witherspoon.