Poll: Time to Lay Your Cards on the Table

What is the more pressing issue: Coaching, or talent?

• Coaching.

• Talent.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
The path is already written Fade. Pete is in place until Jody sells. He babysits the whole thing for her and she just sits back and never has to dirty her hands. The Seahawks are just good enough in that she isn't losing money, so why change anything? Once she sells (couple years from now), Pete will be done and the new owner will finally bring in a different regime that will be left with some nice pieces to build with. It could go south for awhile or not, but the fact is, it needs to move somewhere other than this constant limbo, purgatory we're stuck with now.
hard to argue with this take. She's an absentee owner.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's hard not to blame the coaching at this point. We have what 1 playoff win in 8 years and that was when their starting QB got hurt and we still barely won? I know expecting a SB every year is ridiculous but I would think a playoff win ever once in a while is realistic especially with all the talent we have? We have more talent than many teams and its been that way for a while to not wonder what or who is holding the team back. So its a little bit of both but I do think Pete is in this weird space of being really good at some things which keeps them competitive and really bad other things which handcuffs them unless they are loaded like they were in 13-14.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
There isn't Super Bowl talent. It's above average. It's 6-4 talent, or 7-3 if there are some breaks here and there. If you want to lay some of the blame at Carroll for personnel, that's fair. I'm never shy about bashing coaching, but I don't see it. The defense did its job yesterday. 17 points is good enough to win in the NFL. Waldron sucked in the second half, I'll give you that.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It’s all relative. As a Bears fan, it’s hard to criticize Seahawks after watching how the Bears coaches blew a 12 point lead with 3 minutes in 4Q against Lions. Yesterday was miserable day for me as Bears/Hawks fan.

Talent is also relative. Seahawks talent is good but not best in NFL.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
It’s all relative. As a Bears fan, it’s hard to criticize Seahawks after watching how the Bears coaches blew a 12 point lead with 3 minutes in 4Q against Lions. Yesterday was miserable day for me as Bears/Hawks fan.

Talent is also relative. Seahawks talent is good but not best in NFL.
And we could certainly become worse for a change, but accepting mediocrity for fear that things could get worse is a miserable existence for a sports fan. Especially a fan of a franchise where success is still recent enough to almost still taste.

jeremiah

Reaction score
The way the Niners are firing on all cylinders (granted they just lost Hafunga) they’re going to light Seattle up…

I just hope Seattle can put up a respectable game and not get totally outclassed and utterly embarrassed nationally on a holiday.

I‘m not excited for this game. It may get ugly, fast for Seattle…

it might be a bloodbath and to an extent that might be a good thing for some assistant coaching changes in the off season…
For the players? I hope they are not left on the injury list for the rest of the season. It is like a Pro team playing BYU.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Waldron flat out bites. 7 three and outs against the 32nd ranked defense is flat out embarrassing and pathetic. I know McVay knows the playbook but who cares. You can’t be getting swept by the worst team in football and expect to make the playoffs. Not happening this year I’m afraid

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
For the players? I hope they are not left on the injury list for the rest of the season. It is like a Pro team playing BYU.
If Seattle brings that sorry game plan on offense that they have been these several weeks, Seattle will be done by halftime, and you’ll be able to see how in efficient they are at moving or NOT moving the chains…

hoxrox

Reaction score
The coaches aren't doing a great job, but is the talent really that good? Are we overrating our talent?

Who on the team besides Spoon makes the Probowl, or All-pro teams this year?

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
The coach aren't doing a great job, but is the talent really that good? Are we overrating our talent?

Who on the team besides Spoon makes the Probowl, or All-pro teams this year?
I think it's mainly coaching but I have to consider that they aren't as good as we thought they were. I wrongly assumed they would take a step forward. I also predicted that Geno Smith would be better .

I would hope they put the best o-line combination and establish the run. Up by 13 on the road , shorten the game.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
How many NFC conference finals were they in though? Seattle hasent been able to get out of the second round now for 8 (going on 9) years now. Big difference.
I don’t understand the difference if the goal is to win the SB. Best QB outside of Brady in 20 years, with a well run organization. 1 win.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I don’t understand the difference if the goal is to win the SB. Best QB outside of Brady in 20 years, with a well run organization. 1 win.

The difference is they have been right there and just came up short several times while Seattle is never right there. Its not hard.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Time to lay my cards on the table? What are you going to do if people disagree with you? Block them? Drum them out of Hawks fandom (as if you could)? Get them kicked off this site?

What a ******* joke. Hawk Nazis are out.

getnasty

Reaction score
Tough to place blame on anyone. Until you have a stud QB i think we might be stuck in this cycle.

It's easy to say go draft a QB but you have to find the right guy and have a team in place around him or all kinds of can go wrong.

I think they've done a pretty good job building the roster and staying competitive while trying to find the next guy. Next step is just finding that guy and that's a tough task.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They lost the same as we did. IDK

The same logic I believe in when it comes to Pete Carroll coached Seahawk teams. Whats the difference between making the playoffs and losing every season in the early rounds or not making the playoffs at all? Nothing really so why not welcome in change at the coaching position to see what can happen?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The problem is a bit of both, but ultimately a coaching failure. We lack some key pieces, because of a reluctance to draft certain positions, so there are gaps in the talent, holes I think coulda been filled better by the coach/GM.