Poll: If Russ retired today does he make the HOF?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It’s all about the stats as long as his yards and TDS go up he has a chance. It’s the same as nba for Russell Westbrook as well since most of the people thinks he’s HOF with the triple doubles

Unlike Russell Wilson, Russell Westbrook has gotten votes for league MVP. In fact, he won the award in 2017.

I agree that Russell Westbrook isn't anywhere close to belonging in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

rcaido

Reaction score
He won't make it to 17 years..The others didn't rely so much on running off script
Well the topic if he retired today. Wilson first 11 seasons is probably top 5 of all time.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Nice. I looked at the list and asked myself "Where's Favre"?

Consummate competitor, leader and winner. I miss seeing him on a football field.

Torc

Reaction score
The problem with Russ' chances is that yes, he got to and won one super bowl. But, how much of that win was due to Russ. The defense and special teams scored more than they allowed the best offense of all time to score. The offense (including the QB) was an afterthought. For years there's been a quiet narrative that Russ was carried by the Legion of Boom. His time in Denver is his chance to step out from that shadow and show that he really is a HOF caliber QB.

With the era that he plays in, there are going to be other QBs up for vote at the same time that Russ is. How will he stack against his contemporaries? Right now, it's really tough to argue that he is a primary reason for the most successful Seahawk years he played in. That isn't intended as a dig, just an honest guess about the conversation in the room when he's being discussed.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I’d be very curious to see how many people that voted no, would’ve voted yes IF they won the Super Bowl against the Pats?
With Lynch running it in, or Russ throwing the slant down where only Lockette can get it?

Interesting question. That one play changed this franchise forever.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
With Lynch running it in, or Russ throwing the slant down where only Lockette can get it?

Interesting question. That one play changed this franchise forever.
Even Lynch running it in puts Russ in the HOF with the incredible numbers he had put up.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
All this talk about #3 going to the Hall of Fame is something that he and his group have created. It feels like this is somehow an "urgent" matter. But why??? Does he deserve it?

Most "football fans" are talking about the merits of players right now, such as Brady, Mahomes and Geno. These are players that are making a difference now... they are not speculating about being able to "rest" in the Hall of Fame. They are involved in a team effort, as as well personal sacrifice.

Meanwhile we see a "tubby" #3 feeling "entitled" and enjoying boating with his wife etc...I have not been a Brady fan in the past, but compare his actions on the field to #3. Which one is TRULY worthy of a HOF spot?

Last edited:
OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
All this talk about #3 going to the Hall of Fame is something that he and his group have created. It feels like this is somehow an "urgent" matter. But why??? Does he deserve it?

Most "football fans" are talking about the merits of players right now, such as Brady, Mahomes and Geno. These are players that are making a difference now... they are not speculating about being able to "rest" in the Hall of Fame. They are involved in a team effort as well personal sacrifice.

Meanwhile we see a "tubby" #3 feeling "entitled" and enjoying boating with his wife etc...I have not been a Brady fan in the past, but compare his actions on the field to #3. Which one is TRULY worthy of a HOF spot?
Brady making a difference now as in this year?? Um did you watch him play this year?

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Brady making a difference now as in this year?? Um did you watch him play this year?
Yes, but Tom Brady was trying to make a difference on a team that was kind of "giving up"... watch the Buccaneers team around him too. There was some kind of a dis-connect and not a real "team feeling"..

Regardless... the topic is #3 and his self proclaimed deserving of HOF status... I think he has fallen short... and fat... of his goals.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I’d be very curious to see how many people that voted no, would’ve voted yes IF they won the Super Bowl against the Pats?
The only eligible QB with 2 Lombardis that is not in the HOF is Plunkett. Eli Manning and Roethlisberger have yet to reach eligibility, but it seems accepted that both will get in. If Wilson had won XLIX, he would be just about guaranteed a gold jacket.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wilson played good, not great in XLIX (12 of 21), but he played good enough, especially when it mattered. Had that pass not been intercepted, we would be regularly subjected to highlight clips of the previous, crazy catch by Kearse, and the game winning touchdown, and Wilson would have not only 2 rings, but also a Super Bowl MVP on his resume. He would definitely get a gold jacket with those accolades...

and that Kearse catch probably gets ranked as the greatest catch of all times.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I don't think he would get in the first time... Buy honestly im sure people now probably get in for less tbh. I vote no, but I definitely see the argument to as of why he could, and why yes is plausible.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Even Lynch running it in puts Russ in the HOF with the incredible numbers he had put up.
Say Marshawn ran it and the Seahawks won against the Patriots, and everything else stayed the same. Does Wilson still look like a pawn ?

Wilson appears to have changed after Ciera. Team Me3, is about his brand and that puts the game and his teammates second. Writers and players will, and have called him out.