POLL: Grade The Seahawks 2022 Draft

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Well Hell, looks like the new software doesn't have a poll feature. Ahem, Shaggy please pick up the courtesy phone...

So let's just go old school. Pretty simple. What grade do you give our Hawks 2022 draft?

A+?
A-?
B+?
B-?
C+?
C-?
D+?
D-?
F?

Please be prepared to explain your grade.
I'm in the A category. Would like to have gotten a game-busting DT, but everything else looks pretty solid, if not downright very good. Two starting Tackles (yes, they will be), a potential co-starting RB (I really now feel like Carson is not coming back anytime soon) and dynamic Edge guys, with some really good potential at CB too. Yes please. Give me more of that.

Spohawks

Reaction score
A+
My concern was that trade. I think they could have pulled another starter/contributor at that spot.

With those WRs going so late, they probably could have been had after the draft.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
B+.

Good value throughout, and did a decent job using capital at the right positions. A decent combination of production and upside. Clearly a good draft.

But when I grade, i nit pick. I didn't rate them higher because many of the players that we picked aren't an ideal fit for the system or most immediate needs. I'm also would have liked for them to bring up some bodies at QB and LB, and I thought that they had lots of opportunities to do so.

The best draft we've had in a long time. Good players that greatly improve our team.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Came in here to say how impressed I was with Seattles draft.

Trading Wilson will end up being an amazingly good decision.

In one draft Seattle may have fixed their pass blocking, pass rushing and pass defense issues that have been plaguing them for years now. Lock has a good WR group, TE group and RB group.

It's not inconceivable that Seattle could contend for the 7 seed even with Lock - and the beautiful thing about that is with that experience and competition, I think the roster around the QB will essentially be done by next FA. So trade up for a QB and then it just depends on the QB.

olyfan63

Reaction score
B
My thoughts going into the draft was getting replacements for Ciara and Wagner. But I'm so glad they didn't, because I don't think they were there. So kudos to them for not reaching.
Not totally sold on Walker or Boye, but that could change.
Cross falling to us was a blessing. We so needed him. And I love the Bryant pick. But my favorite pick is Woolen. I've had my eyes on that freak.
I like this draft. Really, I think my only issue is our LB core needs major upgrading, outside of Brooks. How do you convert to a 3-4 with weak LBers. You should scheme to your strength,, not weakness. But Rome wasn't built in a day. Next year we find our LBers and our QB.
This B grade over replacing Ciara is premature because we don't yet know which players (or their GFs) can sing and dance. Did Ciara ever perform at a team event? No? The bar for replacing her might be kinda low then.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
B
My thoughts going into the draft was getting replacements for Ciara and Wagner. But I'm so glad they didn't, because I don't think they were there. So kudos to them for not reaching.
Not totally sold on Walker or Boye, but that could change.
Cross falling to us was a blessing. We so needed him. And I love the Bryant pick. But my favorite pick is Woolen. I've had my eyes on that freak.
I like this draft. Really, I think my only issue is our LB core needs major upgrading, outside of Brooks. How do you convert to a 3-4 with weak LBers. You should scheme to your strength,, not weakness. But Rome wasn't built in a day. Next year we find our LBers and our QB.
I.. don't think that's how the 3-4 works.

Two of the linebackers are now primarily rushers. The LEO and SAM are now rushers/edge setters, even moreso than prior.

Changing to a primarily 3-4 look doesn't just put another linebacker on the field. It reclassifies the LEO end as a linebacker.

KinesProf

Reaction score
A.

Really, really pleased that they didn't use a pick of any significance on anyone from this underwhelming QB group. That would have been the impulsive and short sighted thing to do.

My initial complaint was not going with Lucas, Jugens, Tindall, Chenal, Winfrey or Travis Jones at 41. And they got Lucas later. And oof on my part... that was almost two rounds too early for those lbers and DTs.

I now really like the Walker pick too. They have 4 picks in the top 60 next year, not everything needed to be addressed this draft. You don't know when a RB like that will present themselves to you again. Big cliff at RB after Walker too. Carson has neck concerns, Penny is on a one year deal and has a history of durability issues. Some teams don't need elite RB play, but the Seahawks are at their best when they have it. I don't like RBs in the first, as the opportunity cost is too high, but Walker went in that same range as Chubb, Cook, Mixon, Taylor, Henry. Elite RBs are great value in that range.

Think of this as a 2-3 year process and creating a very favourable landing spot for the QB of the future, whenever he may arrive.

GemCity

Reaction score
A-.

I think we did an excellent job of not reaching. The one knock I’ll give them is drafting a RB that high.

With that said, after watching some tape, I think we got the best RB in this years draft and when you factor in Pete’s offensive philosophy, you could very well bump this score to a solid A.

I love the fact that they went after ATHLETES. The numbers on these guys are amazing.

Lucas and Bryant were steals. Call me crazy but, I think Bryant may be better than Gardner by year 3.

Brown and Bryant at CB? Yeah…we’re going to be ok.

vonstout

Reaction score
I give it an B+. I wish they would have taken Raimann instead of Lucas. If we planned To throw the ball a lot, it would have made sense, but drafting two OTs from spread offenses was questionable. They had no choice with Cross. If Lucas can be a reasonable run blocker , it will be an ”A”. Taking Dean instead of Lucas would have made it an A for me too. I would have been happy with Ojabo AND Dean even if they missed a lot of games. It would have given us higher picks next year and a better chance at getting our franchise QB next year. They both were first round talents if healthy.

audioeffects

Reaction score
Well Hell, looks like the new software doesn't have a poll feature. Ahem, Shaggy please pick up the courtesy phone...

So let's just go old school. Pretty simple. What grade do you give our Hawks 2022 draft?

A+?
A-?
B+?
B-?
C+?
C-?
D+?
D-?
F?

Please be prepared to explain your grade.
A minus for solid, solid, solid selections and maybe a little bit of reach on Walker III in the second (but still exciting). Our old friend Doub rated it “U” for unusual.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Solid A.

Bookend tackles, check. Heck, they took 2 of the top five tackles this year. That alone is awesome. Huge need filled with big time talent.

For all of the chatter about selecting a RB in the second, ask yourself what your take would have been if Carson was ruled out and Penny gets dinged to start the season? Dallas and Homer are okay but not a stable to have to fill out a season. Walker fits well, and has big upside.

The rest was solid and I don’t feel like they reached for any scrubs. Looking forward to the season.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I'm already looking forward to next seasons draft. A+ for sure, of course only time will tell all. I think a combination of being on the hot seat and not having to build around a high profile QB, lets Pete and John focus as they did when they drafted Wilson. Great things are happening on the horizon, but it won't happen overnight. Excited to watch it all come together.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Just being cautious I'll go with B+. Checked the boxes on immediate needs except QB. But if none of the guys who were picked this year ever amount to anything that will show to be a shrewd decision even if it costs them this year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
It was never going to cost us this year as no QB in this draft was anywhere near plug n play. The tough part is if we don't get our QB until next draft we could be in exactly the same position we are in now for another year. But that might not be so bad if this class turns out to be world beaters at their positions.

Go12's

Reaction score
A- only because they didn't draft a LB and I think the team is dangerously thin there. Hopefully still addressed in free agency. The thought of Barton starting does not give me confidence. 🤷‍♂️

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
I give them an A for initial results.

1) they addressed positions of need with solid picks at ranges players were expected to be drafted. I.e. no big reaches.

2) they selected a number of players with high upside That could be impact players, Walker, Woolen, Mafe.

Great foundation draft to build from. Now the true results will be determined 3-4 years from now. 😁

WarHawks

Reaction score
Solid A if Cross works out like we hope. B+ if he ends up being a bit undersized to slow down some of the most beastly DE's in the nfl. Time will tell.

Latest posts