POLL: Grade The Seahawks 2022 Draft

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well Hell, looks like the new software doesn't have a poll feature. Ahem, Shaggy please pick up the courtesy phone...

So let's just go old school. Pretty simple. What grade do you give our Hawks 2022 draft?

A+?
A-?
B+?
B-?
C+?
C-?
D+?
D-?
F?

Please be prepared to explain your grade.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Straight A, at this moment.

I would have liked to see the middle of the D-line bolstered.

Scout

Reaction score
This is easily an A.

The team made sure they went out and obtained players at positions they felt vital to upgrade to compete for 2022 and beyond.

Chawker

Reaction score
I can't go higher then a B without watching a game or two. How they mesh on the field "TOGETHER" is yet to be seen.

Drafted another start and stop back is begging for more injuries.

DEs aren't big enough to play in there new 3-4 scheme.

Cross is a present well over due.

Melton is going to be on fire.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I am very happy with this draft and think the FO nailed it. However good I think it was you have to see how the players fit together before really giving it a fair grade. That said I give it an A+.

Would have liked to have seen a ILB added though, but can’t say I am unhappy with a single pick. The team added some excellent players.

Last edited:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
As a teacher I will give the draft three grades. The first grade is post draft. For their post draft grade I give them a solid A. They stuck to the rubric and used their picks wisely in filling holes on the team that were fairly universal in most experts and fans opinions.

The next two grades will come in the preseason and end of regular season.

Who will we all get excited about in the preseason. Which guy(s) will we see and hear about during mini camps, training camp and preseason games that pop off the page with their talent and abilities?

Once the regular season starts, which rookies will garner serious playing time and will any of them be difference makers? This will be the final grade on this draft.

Lots of folks say it takes about 3 years to really assess a teams draft. While this is true when taking in the bigger picture and longevity of players, it doesnt lend any credence to guys who might flash initially but then suffer through injuries or something else that keeps them off the field.

When I have students that turn in the first third of a project, I look at how well they followed the instructions (rubric) and then hope they follow up with parts 2 and 3 to have a more accurate assessment of their project.

I really like this draft and have high hopes for overall success. I’m especially excited about KWIII!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
A, it was a solid draft with no big reaches and what should be critical positions for success except at the most critical QB. Understandable approach given the choices they had. Plus some late round shots at big upside or at least special teams contributors. I would have liked at least a shot being taken on a late round QB but over all it was a build up the trenches and lay the groundwork for future success type of draft.

seabowl

Reaction score
A-

Only reason for the minus is IMO not having enough depth behind Barton with the departure of Wags.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’m going B+. And I am very happy with the draft

I think they picked an appropriate player at each pick. No weird reaches. So they didn’t screw it up which gives them a B in my book.

To get an A I think they would have needed to get through trade or luck a better player than their draft position merited. Cross? Solid great player. But if we had gotten Ekwonu? Better grade. much of that is outside their control.

I guess though if we were grading this draft versus past Seahawks drafts the last 8-9 years it’s a solid A+.

Hotchy

Reaction score
B
My thoughts going into the draft was getting replacements for Ciara and Wagner. But I'm so glad they didn't, because I don't think they were there. So kudos to them for not reaching.
Not totally sold on Walker or Boye, but that could change.
Cross falling to us was a blessing. We so needed him. And I love the Bryant pick. But my favorite pick is Woolen. I've had my eyes on that freak.
I like this draft. Really, I think my only issue is our LB core needs major upgrading, outside of Brooks. How do you convert to a 3-4 with weak LBers. You should scheme to your strength,, not weakness. But Rome wasn't built in a day. Next year we find our LBers and our QB.

AgentDib

Reaction score
DEs aren't big enough to play in there new 3-4 scheme.
Just in case you didn't know, Mafe and Smith will be 3-4 OLBs. Official Hawks media is labeling them as such which indicates that at least the nomenclature is officially changing to 3-4 terminology.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The geographical diversity is interesting, though not meaningful.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
Solid A.
Everyone has already stated similar opinions to mine. It is a breath of really fresh air to see the board come together (mostly) on something after such vitriol lately.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm going with A-. Solid draft. I would have liked to seen them focus a bit more on DT and LB (specifically Travis Jones would have been nice at 72) because I'm not sold on Mone (seems to get hurt often) and there's no depth at MLB. A ton of edge rushers and OLB types on the team with Taylor, Nwosu, Mafe, Robinson, Smith, etc. Really Brooks and Barton are the only ILBers on the team. So not deep at all there. For a 3-4 defense, LBs are important.

gwinnUSAF77

Reaction score
B+
Would have liked to grabbed a LB or Howell in the 4th. Glad the Tackle situation was addressed early. Great value with the corners.