PFF - Super Bowl Profile on Marshawn Lynch

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... awn-lynch/

Good read, but damn, our O-line...Check this stat: In the postseason, Lynch has faced first contact in the backfield on 18 of his 50 carries (36%), almost double the league average for the regular season and nearly 13% higher than the Seahawks’ rate in the regular season (98-of-428, 22.9%) which itself was already one of the worst in the league.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I still have no idea how Unger made the pro bowl last year. Cable has got to do better with these guys. It's getting RIDICULOUS.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Hopefully something we can address this game. And get fixed next year. I don't think the O-line had a bunch of time this year to gel with all the injuries.

I knew our pass protection was worst in the league (FO.com), but I've been wondering how our rush blocking has been. Guess this answers the question.

NinjaHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, we just flat out need more talented lineman. I think Tom Cable is a great teacher and I have confidence he knows how to coach the guys up. But what I don't have confidence in is his ability to target guys in the draft. They've given him plenty of input about who to pick, and it's given us guys like Moffitt and Carpenter which have set us back. We can't keep trying to be cute and draft d-lineman to play o-line, we need some legit prospects.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2a5mdb4m said:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/28/super-bowl-profile-marshawn-lynch/

Good read, but damn, our O-line...Check this stat: In the postseason, Lynch has faced first contact in the backfield on 18 of his 50 carries (36%), almost double the league average for the regular season and nearly 13% higher than the Seahawks’ rate in the regular season (98-of-428, 22.9%) which itself was already one of the worst in the league.

So...what position do you want us to draft in the 1st rd? :0190l:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
With Cable leading the charge, I am really surprised by the OL's lack of performance statistically.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":ic6rnorw said:
O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line O-line

:)

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Aros":31ie7egg said:
With Cable leading the charge, I am really surprised by the OL's lack of performance statistically.

With the injuries and the musical chairs at every position throughout the entire season, why are people so surprised that there have been struggles? If anything, Cable has done a pretty good job this year working with Bailey, Bowie and LJP in the rotation, and continuing to develop Sweez.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The Offensive Line has to be the focus of the draft/FA! I could envision an entirely new offensive line next season pretty easily. More likely will see Breno and Okung and some new blood in the middle.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
EverydayImRusselin":op3cydiz said:
RolandDeschain":op3cydiz said:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/28/super-bowl-profile-marshawn-lynch/

Taking a guard is boring, but our guard play SUCKS. Plus, we can get a starter at 32.

ivotuk

Reaction score
We also faced 2 of the better defenses in the league. It happens when you make the playoffs, your stats drop.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I wonder if these people saying all Denver has to do is sellout to stopping Lynch think that they'll do better than getting in the backfield to make initial contact MORE than 36% of the time. Because apparently that's been happening and it hasn't stopped him yet.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
O-line is going to have to step up big for us come Sunday. Marshawn is gonna need go creases to get through and the pass pro will have to be solid as well. Hope Cable can get them playing well.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1oe32fdh said:
RolandDeschain":1oe32fdh said:

My take on that is unless a top-10ish talent falls to us at the bottom of the first we should look to cash it in on more mid-round picks, maybe get back in the third with two 3s and a 4 or a 3rd and next year's first, something like that. This is a very deep draft at WR. Do not take one early. There will be lots of talent almost as good in later rounds as the handful of receivers everyone has us targeting in the first. As for O-linemen, my three favorites that are realistic target for us are Billy Turner, Xavier Su’a-Filo, and Wesley Johnson, in that order. Turner I am in football-love with, and he may go in the second, as might Su'a-Filo. Johnson is a much, much better version of Sweezey, and could be had in the fourth round or later - he looks like a great ZBS lineman and will be everything we are trying to make Sweezey but hasn't panned out. And of course everyone likes Zack Martin, but I doubt he lasts till the end of the first.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Two definite needs are WR & Offensive Line. I'm sure that Carroll and Schneider will address what needs to be addressed either in the draft or on the FA market. Pulling some impact players in the draft will enable them to use the FA market to fill in the gaps effectively.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It doesn't help that the Seahawks top OL - Okung is made of glass. But when Sweezy is referenced as one of the top players on OL....there are big problems. That's a DL learning to play offense. Just think how dominant this team would be if they had consistent decent play from the OL.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Honestly, since Hutchinson, when have we had a really good left guard. God how many yards did Jones/Hutch rack up for Alexander.

And with beast hear, I would give anything for that hard core nasty left Guard again. Paired up with Okung... man...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":f4xogsvw said:
.........Lynch has faced first contact in the backfield on 18 of his 50 carries (36%), almost double the league average for the regular season and nearly 13% higher than the Seahawks’ rate in the regular season (98-of-428, 22.9%) which itself was already one of the worst in the league.
This tells me something most of us already know, great defense or not, we ain't in the Owl without The Beast.

Latest posts