PFF: Geno mistakes have been killing Hawks since week 5

hawks85

Reaction score
We're not going to win a damn thing in the long run if we can't fix the running game/defense.

We need a quarterback who plays good in the good times, because the good times are what matters when it comes to winning it all. No quarterback does it alone. None. None of them are good enough to carry bad teams all the way.
THANK YOU!!!! Finally, someone other than me sees the real issues and not blaming Geno.

seabowl

Reaction score
Fitzpatrick type qb for this offense with the ability to distribute the ball but by no means can he carry a team on his back.

massari

Reaction score
I was a fan of Levis too. Really wanted to see him take a step forward rather than regress. Now I'm not sure there's enough there to justify such a high risk to acquire him.
Will Levis is having a Josh Allen esque college career. The upside is there, and needs work like every other QB prospect ever, so he's still worth at least a top 15 pick.

If Schneider was interested in Mahomes and Allen's upside by visiting their pro days, seems like Anthony Richardson and Levis are right up his alley

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How dare you say anything negative about the QB. It's part of the position. His decision making is getting worse. All while more and more excuses come his way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
PFF, how dare they point out actual issues lately with Geno.

But I'm sure you'll just call me a hater and I'm moving goal posts or whatever you call it. He needs to play a lot better, period.
This team went from 6-3 to 7-6. The QB IS a part of it. Clearly the run defense is the biggest issue.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PFF, how dare they point out actual issues lately with Geno.

But I'm sure you'll just call me a hater and I'm moving goal posts or whatever you call it. He needs to play a lot better, period.
This team went from 6-3 to 7-6. The QB IS a part of it. Clearly the run defense is the biggest issue.

No, that's not moving the goalposts.

I say you're moving the goalposts when you move the goalposts.

"A lot better" is a stretch unless you're demanding Mahomes-level play.

toffee

Reaction score
In the end, Geno is way way way better than what media experts AND dot net experts expected before the season started, but Geno is not as good as the season goes on, may be DCs game planned against him, scouts discovered holes in his games, may be our OC isn't as good as some has been giving him credit for. Oh yes, without a legit running game didn't help.

He will come cheaper this off season if we decided to keep him, the verdict on Geno being a long term star level QB is still out, but he is a legit starter, an elite one? We shall see.

Torc

Reaction score
The past two games, there's been no running back to support the passing game. Homer is an OK runner and a good blocker, but he's not an every down threat. Losing Penny and then Walker hurts a lot. Any QB will struggle when the defense can tee off and attack them.

We've got a bunch of rookies starting, and they're probably starting to hit that wall. I would imagine that's especially true on the OL, where they're playing full bore on every down.

As everyone points out, the rush defense has been dismal. We really miss Bobby Wagner there, and frankly I wouldn't have complained if KJ Wright had decided to strap on the pads instead of retire this year. I don't think there's a lot they can do to fix it this year, but I anticipate the draft and to a lesser degree free agency will be focused on the defense.

I'm very happy with Geno and I'm confident that with more support from the surrounding cast, he can lead this team for a few years. I'll never complain about spending mid round pick on a developmental QB, I think that's something that Russ complained too much about. You can't expect your QB to play every down every year, and it's one of the Russ things that irritates me the most (when he got his nose out of joint when JS scouted another QB). Someone who believes that he is the best and that competition is good shouldn't be afraid of it on his own team, IMO.

knownone

Reaction score
In terms of advanced stats, Geno has been a tier below Patrick Mahomes since week 6. Moreover, both QBs are in the top 5 in pressured throws and interceptable passes, and both are the focal point of the offense's success. Unsurprisingly, Geno's interceptable passes have gone up as we play more from behind. But everywhere else, he's still top 10.

It's fair to evaluate Geno against the upcoming draft candidates. But make no mistake, even if Geno's norm is what we've seen since week 6, he's still a top 8 QB. We can win with that. We can't win with a defense that is giving up 200 y/c.

Ozzy

Reaction score

"According to Pro Football Focus, Smith has lost more expected points to interceptions, sacks and fumbles than any other QB since Week 5." Interesting..... Maybe we take a QB in round 1.
I question their methods to arrive at this but I do think Seattle will heavily consider taking a QB with their first pick.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Will Levis is having a Josh Allen esque college career. The upside is there, and needs work like every other QB prospect ever, so he's still worth at least a top 15 pick.

If Schneider was interested in Mahomes and Allen's upside by visiting their pro days, seems like Anthony Richardson and Levis are right up his alley
Levis is such an interesting prospect. He’s talent is incredible. He’s probably risky like Allen but the payoff if you believe your coaching staff is capable is Josh Allen.

D

DomeHawk

PFF is a stat driven site. There are many things that stats cannot account for. Might have some basis for reality but not necessarily. Apologies for stating the obvious.