Pete is destroying Russell Wilson career

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
There isn't time to replace Pete to avoid wasting Russell's prime. It typically takes 2-3 years for a new coach to show consistent positive results, which would result in Russ being closer to 35.

Pete/Russ are like Brady/Belichick. It's most comfortable for both to not rock the boat, as long as with each other, they make the playoffs.

D

DomeHawk

SantaClaraHawk":1x55by7z said:
There isn't time to replace Pete to avoid wasting Russell's prime. It typically takes 2-3 years for a new coach to show consistent positive results, which would result in Russ being closer to 35.

Pete/Russ are like Brady/Belichick. It's most comfortable for both to not rock the boat, as long as with each other, they make the playoffs.

I know that they aren't going to replace Pete simply out of loyalty for what he has accomplished here. The best case scenario would be a new OC that convinces Pete to change/adapt.

I am not optimistic that is going to happen..

Tical21

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3uc1ift7 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3uc1ift7 said:

I know that they aren't going to replace Pete simply out of loyalty for what he has accomplished here. The best case scenario would be a new OC that convinces Pete to change/adapt.

Change/Adapt and do what, exactly?

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":2uxl0ogq said:
And yet oline ranked 25th in pass protection. And you miss the point, in the first half we run a vanilla offense testing the defense this us straight from PC, we stay with it until we have no choice and then we change to an uptempo and then we do what we want and score at will.the problem is PC has waited to long 3 straight years in the playoffs.
You do realize (you don't) that we threw 70% of the time in the first half, many being deep play-action shots. That's vanilla?

John63

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1zdn2wug said:
It seems like Russ is having a spectacular career largely because he was lucky enough to have been drafted by Pete, and therefore got to play on a perennial playoff team and in two Superbowls. If he gets drafted by almost any other team, his career would have been less noteworthy.

Or he could be the no doubt multiple MVP winner and multiple SB winner. You don't know

chris98251

Reaction score
Roll back the script book to maybe 10 looks run and pass and how they defense it, you should be able to set up and see how they play most stuff. If something works stay with it till they stop it. I hate watching the beginning of the game and we have plays they can't stop yet we never ever go back and use them again in the second half.

Let the offense score, you can still run with a mix of pass to keep them from locking in on your tendencies.

Most of all keep the peddle to the floor, lets the defense play down hill, take a chance for a turnover with jumping a route etc. The opposition has to play from behind and take risks, we can take advantage of that.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":hqs43sc0 said:
John63":hqs43sc0 said:
And yet oline ranked 25th in pass protection. And you miss the point, in the first half we run a vanilla offense testing the defense this us straight from PC, we stay with it until we have no choice and then we change to an uptempo and then we do what we want and score at will.the problem is PC has waited to long 3 straight years in the playoffs.
You do realize (you don't) that we threw 70% of the time in the first half, many being deep play-action shots. That's vanilla?

You do realize that doing the something on 70% of the plays is the definition of vanilla. Also, your number are wrong but no surprise there.

We through 244 times
We ran 221 times

So lets see total attempts was 465 with a pass % of 52% not even close to 70% seems like you dont realize your wrong as usual.

Ohh and in the 2nd half we through 253 and ran 252

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2019_splits.htm

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":6vevbz44 said:
Roll back the script book to maybe 10 looks run and pass and how they defense it, you should be able to set up and see how they play most stuff. If something works stay with it till they stop it. I hate watching the beginning of the game and we have plays they can't stop yet we never ever go back and use them again in the second half.

Let the offense score, you can still run with a mix of pass to keep them from locking in on your tendencies.

Most of all keep the peddle to the floor, lets the defense play down hill, take a chance for a turnover with jumping a route etc. The opposition has to play from behind and take risks, we can take advantage of that.

exactly and as an FYI we normally move and score at will in the 2nd half because we open up the offense and change tempo etc, and yet we passed 253 times and ran 252 times.

The offense that works best for this team can still allow us to run.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
John63":3q8yxd8m said:
fenderbender123":3q8yxd8m said:
It seems like Russ is having a spectacular career largely because he was lucky enough to have been drafted by Pete, and therefore got to play on a perennial playoff team and in two Superbowls. If he gets drafted by almost any other team, his career would have been less noteworthy.

Or he could be the no doubt multiple MVP winner and multiple SB winner. You don't know

neither do you.. and your constantly iignoring the obvious points brought by another poster about the time and play calls given to Wilson in the first half of the last two games so you can continue to assume as fact how brilliant he would be without the head coach. Then respond with "get rid of Wilson then?!"

Perhaps the two are very good for each other, and their work together needs to evolve to take the next step.

Nothing is as black and white as you want to make it

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Tical21":38i563tk said:
DomeHawk":38i563tk said:
SantaClaraHawk":38i563tk said:

Change/Adapt and do what, exactly?

You're not gonna get an answer of any substance.

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":2p9qag19 said:
Tical21":2p9qag19 said:
John63":2p9qag19 said:

You do realize that doing the something on 70% of the plays is the definition of vanilla. Also, your number are wrong but no surprise there.

We through 244 times
We ran 221 times

So lets see total attempts was 465 with a pass % of 52% not even close to 70% seems like you dont realize your wrong as usual.

Ohh and in the 2nd half we through 253 and ran 252

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2019_splits.htm
Wait, you're talking about the regular season? Where we took the 4th youngest roster in the NFL, which was one of the most decimated by injury, to 11-5? That's what you're complaining about? THAT makes sense.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":39cerp7d said:
This IS a middle-of-the-road team w/o RW

Wilson plays for the Seahawks.

Going back 7-8 years doesn't prove anything, I am talking about right now.

The Seahawks just finished with a better record than 25 other NFL teams. They were one of eight teams that made the divisional game. New England and New Orleans were not.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Like 90% of NFL teams would be m middle of the road or worse without their QB..

It's why they get paid the most, and why the best of those are so cherished.

D

DomeHawk

The Seahawks have devolved into a redundant predictable team.

PC blew a SB with horrible game-time decision making. Then, he blew a NFC West championship by not even realizing there is a game clock. Really?

If that weren't enough, you just watched 2019 Dallas playoff game 2.0. You people can't see that?

The Seahawks are: Ground Hog Day, (all over again, lol)

:stirthepot:

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":3txn29km said:
Like 90% of NFL teams would be m middle of the road or worse without their QB..

It's why they get paid the most, and why the best of those are so cherished.

Nice job of oversimplifying my post.

Most teams are middle-of-the-road WITH their quarterbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.