Pete Carroll Philosophy

knownone

Reaction score
Look, I want Geno to kick ass this season, and he's pretty damn good when he's on. But at this point, a few are just making stuff up about the guy.
Now he somehow lead the league in game winning drives? He literally had ONE.
He definitely didn't lead the league. But PFF and PFR have Geno with three game-winning drives last season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Congratulations, reading-comprehension champions. What I wrote was...

(Emphasis added for the reading-comprehension-impaired)

Who led the league in game-winning drives in 2013?

And since you wanted to talk about last season, Smith was credited with two fourth-quarter comebacks and three game-winning drives in 2022.

Also,

He had three.

Yes, they are. Stuff like "[Geno Smith] literally [sic] had ONE [game-winning drive in 2022]."

Whaddyagonna do? 🤷‍♂️ I guess "a few" just divide the counting stats of players they don't like by three or something.

Lol. Your looking at PFF. They credit Smith for a game winning drive against the Giants, a game in which Seattle was never down in, and they consider an OT game win as a game winning drive. Come on, your reaching. He had one legit come from behind win against the Rams.

2013? Lolol. It was the Jets. They were always behind so it makes sense. Plus it was 10 years ago. Give me a break.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno only led the league in fumbles you didn't personally like. Some interesting names when you actually bother to use facts and data instead of your anus to make comments.

View attachment 59187

What is this all about? What does this have to do with anything? Where is the stats of losing fumbles when the game is on the line?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Packers and the Patriots probably do wish they had our roster right now.

You could have just stopped here.

Fact: There are no tangible or intangible metrics that don't put the Hawks under Pete Carroll in the top 5 of NFL franchises during his tenure here. Add in culture, organizational building from top to bottom, etc and he's only behind Belichick.

The End.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
What is this all about? What does this have to do with anything? Where is the stats of losing fumbles when the game is on the line?
You just have an axe to grind, you don't like Geno. Same with Pete.

Not surprised you can't read a simple table either. You also have no idea what relevance the data presented to you has with the BS you claimed about him having some glaring a problem with fumbling that's unique to him. He doesn't. The table shows that.

Seems he fumbled at a critical time, and you completely wrote the guy off entirely as a football player. That's just straight up pathetic. Try harder.

For the record, you said:

Its not just throws its the fumbles. One doesnt need PFF to know its common with Geno. Just watch the games.

Then you replied with a claim about fumbles when the game is on the line when I showed you that Geno is about league average in terms of fumbles.

When people say you just move the goalposts that's a perfect example of your crap.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Lol. Your looking at PFF. They credit Smith for a game winning drive against the Giants, a game in which Seattle was never down in, and they consider an OT game win as a game winning drive. Come on, your reaching. He had one legit come from behind win against the Rams.

2013? Lolol. It was the Jets. They were always behind so it makes sense. Plus it was 10 years ago. Give me a break.

I'm not looking at PFF, I can assure you. Look anywhere. Smith was credited with three game-winning drives in the 2022 season.

And I'll stand by my assertion that Geno Smith has led the league in game-winning drives. Your desperation to find some excuse not to accept it doesn't change the fact that he has.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So you count a 2 touchdown win as a "game winning drive?"
Answer the question.

The two Rams games, absolutely. And at this point, who cares? They had a surprisingly good season. Especially Geno. Now to have an even better season.

It IS ok to disagree on this point. Winning by 2 touchdowns counting as a "game winning drive" is kind of funny. That's all.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
So you count a 2 touchdown win as a "game winning drive?"
Answer the question.

The two Rams games, absolutely. And at this point, who cares? They had a surprisingly good season. Especially Geno. Now to have an even better season.

It IS ok to disagree on this point. Winning by 2 touchdowns counting as a "game winning drive" is kind of funny. That's all.
Well if he led the drive that won the game, I'm not sure the score matters. Technically it's a game winning drive. 🤣

I think you are thinking about a metric for come from behind victories.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough.
I just don't see winning a game by 2 touchdowns as a game winning drive. If we're gonna' do that, then just about every game a team wins, they had a game winning drive hahahahaha

Other than a game winning defensive play or a punt/kick return for TD.

Meh, I get what you're saying though. It's not that important at this point.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
The game is tied in the fourth quarter. Geno leads the Hawks on a drive capped by a 33-yard touchdown pass to take the lead. The Hawks win the game. The drive to take the lead in the fourth quarter was the game-winning drive. What is so difficult to understand here?

Are you discounting the drive because it was followed by a second scoring drive to seal the win?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The defense gave up far more game losing drives anyhow. Not a metric I think they track, but we had to be bottom of the league if they did. Without Geno having the season he did we would very likely have had the number 1 overall pick and legit claims about the QB position. Instead we had the #20 pick, made the playoffs, Geno was great, and some crazies didn't get the memo.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He was very good when he was on. I want to see even more of it, especially with the game on the line. That's not much to ask of the starting QB.
I'll start looking up more Crow Recipes. Had my share last season. Nom Nom

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
See that's not a statement I would take issue to. It's when people throw in incorrect statements about him having excessive TO worthy throws or some glaring fumbling problem that I take issue. He's about league average in those regards.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Probably. But he absolutely DID have several throws that should have been picked in the second half of the season. I suspect he will learn from it and move forward. He is clearly very focused. Good to talk some football. I've really enjoyed the ignore button on several folks these last couple weeks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Probably. But he absolutely DID have several throws that should have been picked in the second half of the season. I suspect he will learn from it and move forward. He is clearly very focused. Good to talk some football. I've really enjoyed the ignore button on several folks these last couple weeks.
Well the running game got slowed and we gave up more points, combine the two and you are now trying to win with the defense able to sit back knowing what your going to do. Picks will be higher with D lines pinning their ears back and DB's waiting and daring you to go at them.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I've been watching you post for awhile now and I've come to the conclusion that you're either a very unhappy person or a troll. I'm not sure whether you're a Seahawk fan or not.
I think you enjoy the sport of spinning people out . Kind of like Fade without the knowledge. He brings something to the table although he hates Carroll and Schneider for some reason .

Carry on.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Not surprised you can't read a simple table either. You also have no idea what relevance the data presented to you has with the BS you claimed about him having some glaring a problem with fumbling that's unique to him. He doesn't. The table shows that.

Seems he fumbled at a critical time, and you completely wrote the guy off entirely as a football player. That's just straight up pathetic. Try harder.

Its not just throws its the fumbles. One doesnt need PFF to know its common with Geno. Just watch the games.

Then you replied with a claim about fumbles when the game is on the line when I showed you that Geno is about league average in terms of fumbles.

When people say you just move the goalposts that's a perfect example of your crap.

I dont hate Geno. I just dont put him on a pedestal like most around here. Thats great he's about league average. I only follow Seattle and i've seen him botch games. Thats where I take my opinion from.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm not looking at PFF, I can assure you. Look anywhere. Smith was credited with three game-winning drives in the 2022 season.

And I'll stand by my assertion that Geno Smith has led the league in game-winning drives. Your desperation to find some excuse not to accept it doesn't change the fact that he has.

Then the places that credit Geno with three are in question. How can a game in which Seattle never trailed be considered a game winning drive? They were already winning for cripes sake.

Then you assertion is wrong. Heck, Daniel Jones is credited with 5. Talk about desperation.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I've been watching you post for awhile now and I've come to the conclusion that you're either a very unhappy person or a troll. I'm not sure whether you're a Seahawk fan or not.
I think you enjoy the sport of spinning people out . Kind of like Fade without the knowledge. He brings something to the table although he hates Carroll and Schneider for some reason .

Carry on.

I just want whats best for the team I like and I dont feel Pete Carroll is that anymore. After watching 8 straight years of failing to do anything in the post season and the times Carroll has admitted not to understanding what the other team was doing, I think its past time to move on from him.