Pete Carroll Philosophy

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Look, I want Geno to kick ass this season, and he's pretty damn good when he's on. But at this point, a few are just making stuff up about the guy.
Now he somehow lead the league in game winning drives? He literally had ONE.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It is very interesting that so many people keep bringing up how he had the most turnover worthy throws in 2022. I can't find any chart or page on PFF to back that up. It seems to stem from them and only them, so maybe it is proprietary information, but you can find the charts for previous years. I also found it interesting that according to PFF, Prescott should not have had interceptions, because six of them were not turnover worthy throws. It is obviously a flawed stat as it is entirely subjective to the observers.

Everything on PFF (pronounced "pffffff!") is subjective. Their position grades are basically "how much we like this player." It's a total black box, despite there being a fairly large page explaining the grades (because the page doesn't really explain a damn thing).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He hasent done it since 2017 and its only regressed from there. As for the playoffs, hasent made it past the 2nd round since 2014. Honestly, with the appearances since then, a team should be able to do that by accident.

The difference between the Hawks and the Patriots and Packers is that they actually advance in the post season and the Hawks dont. I believe the coach has more to do with that than regular season records.

I understand its tiresome to you. Why, because its gone on for a long time. That should actually tell you something.

Regressed? 7-10 with your franchise QB on the outs to 9-8 and the playoffs in the very first year of a total rebuild is not regressing.

In fact, it's the opposite of that.

And I betcha both the Packers and Patriots would rather have our roster than their own right now, THAT should tell you something.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Look, I want Geno to kick ass this season, and he's pretty damn good when he's on. But at this point, a few are literally just making stuff up about the guy.

He had ONE come from behind win last season.

Led the league in game winning drives? So nobody in the league had two or more? Color me skeptical.

Congratulations, reading-comprehension champions. What I wrote was...

Unable to win when coming from behind? Geno Smith has led the league in game-winning drives.

(Emphasis added for the reading-comprehension-impaired)

Who led the league in game-winning drives in 2013?

And since you wanted to talk about last season, Smith was credited with two fourth-quarter comebacks and three game-winning drives in 2022.

Also,
Now he somehow lead the league in game winning drives? He literally had ONE.

He had three.

But at this point, a few are literally just making stuff up about the guy.
Yes, they are. Stuff like "[Geno Smith] literally [sic] had ONE [game-winning drive in 2022]."

Whaddyagonna do? 🤷‍♂️ I guess "a few" just divide the counting stats of players they don't like by three or something.

BASF

Reaction score
Congratulations, reading-comprehension champions. What I wrote was...

(Emphasis added for the reading-comprehension-impaired)

Who led the league in game-winning drives in 2013?

And since you wanted to talk about last season, Smith was credited with two fourth-quarter comebacks and three game-winning drives in 2022.

Also,

He had three.

Yes, they are. Stuff like "[Geno Smith] literally [sic] had ONE [game-winning drive in 2022]."

Whaddyagonna do? 🤷‍♂️ I guess "a few" just divide the counting stats of players they don't like by three or something.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
See it how you want. I'd have better luck clapping with one hand.
They beat the Giants 27-13, and they're counting that as a "game winning drive"
Actually, I see it as two game winning drives. Both Rames games. They were down in both of those games.

Win a game by 2 touchdowns, and somehow that's a "game winning drive"

Ok
I love how people get so bent out of shape about Geno. Geezus man, lighten up. He's a good QB that still has plenty to prove. Laugh all you want. You guys act like he's some Elite QB who is right up there with Mahomes and Allen.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geno had the ball TWICE with a chance to get them in FG range against a crap Raiders team. TWICE, didn't come close to taking them down for a game winning FG.

I get where you're coming from. Defense def. pissed down their legs when it mattered on several occasions. But to use that as the excuse while ignoring that Geno was a part of it? Hmmmm
Win as a team, lose as a team. He's not w/out a portion of the blame. Comes with being a starting QB.

All this being said, I'm glad he's the QB of the team in 2023. I ate the crow last year, I'll do again. Gladly. IF he gets the team some huge game winning drives and playoff wins.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
He hasent done it since 2017 and its only regressed from there. As for the playoffs, hasent made it past the 2nd round since 2014. Honestly, with the appearances since then, a team should be able to do that by accident.

The difference between the Hawks and the Patriots and Packers is that they actually advance in the post season and the Hawks dont. I believe the coach has more to do with that than regular season records.

I understand its tiresome to you. Why, because its gone on for a long time. That should actually tell you something.
I don't think you understand regression. In fact, I know you don't. What's tiresome is your continual made up fairy tales about players and coaches you just don't personally like and have a bias against.

I would have much more respect for you if you cut the charade and just admitted that's why you have the takes you do. Everyone else with a heartbeat around here can see it as plain as day. You aren't fooling anyone and you're constantly being called out for it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. I was ready to move on from Pete the last couple years. Now? Hell no. He can leave when he's ready imo.
You could argue that 2022 was his best coaching job yet, if you consider what he had to work with.
Does he drive me crazy sometimes? Absolutely. But he's one hell of a football coach, and the right guy to have with this YOUNG TEAM. And yes, Fade, this team is YOUNG.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Regressed? 7-10 with your franchise QB on the outs to 9-8 and the playoffs in the very first year of a total rebuild is not regressing.

In fact, it's the opposite of that.

And I betcha both the Packers and Patriots would rather have our roster than their own right now, THAT should tell you something.

The defense Sarge, the defense. And lets not forget that out of that 7-10, the mighty Geno started 3 of those games and lost 2 of them.

The Packers and the Patriots probably do wish they had our roster right now and they would probably do more with it than Carroll will.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yep. I was ready to move on from Pete the last couple years. Now? Hell no. He can leave when he's ready imo.
You could argue that 2022 was his best coaching job yet, if you consider what he had to work with.
Does he drive me crazy sometimes? Absolutely. But he's one hell of a football coach, and the right guy to have with this YOUNG TEAM. And yes, Fade, this team is YOUNG.
Think he learned something with Mr. Eliminated, you can't coddle guys, it creates division. Then a Monster you can't control.