Paul Gallant is the worst...

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Why would you want to listen to 2 new Seahawks fans, that never played the sport or have any real insight to the team or sport. When galant came on to introduce him self, Brock and Saulk ask him what’s the biggest injustice in sports history (right after talking about loosing the Sonics) and he goes to say spy gate and how the pats got robbed. He’s a pats fan who fakes it here in Seattle. Danny is from NY. The show is just 2 guys spewing crap and not funny. I enjoy actual sports talk from intelligent people with knowledge of what they talk about.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":34nsfpvx said:
Sports Radio in this town sucks.
The only worth while listens are Clayton and Wyman. The rest are pretty bad.

I'd add Furness, Heaps, Bumpus to those two.

But the Hawks -centric podcasts are way better than radio right now - Corbin Smith and MSD in particular.

Tmagopis

Reaction score
I’ll stand in defense of Danny. He’s my favorite guy on kiro next to Clayton, problem with Clayton is the over inflated ego.
Agreed though, new guy isn’t very good. Didn’t Saulk come back in a managerial role? I was under the impression he was at least partially responsible for the lineups. Am I mistaken??

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":1n4vv7da said:
Why would you want to listen to 2 new Seahawks fans, that never played the sport or have any real insight to the team or sport. When galant came on to introduce him self, Brock and Saulk ask him what’s the biggest injustice in sports history (right after talking about loosing the Sonics) and he goes to say spy gate and how the pats got robbed. He’s a pats fan who fakes it here in Seattle. Danny is from NY. The show is just 2 guys spewing crap and not funny. I enjoy actual sports talk from intelligent people with knowledge of what they talk about.

Two new fans? O'Neil's been in Seattle for like 10 years as a beat writer for the Times and radio host on KIRO.

Salk's from Massachusetts, Bob's from the Midwest, as was Groz and Gas before him. Mitch Levy was from Florida before he got here.

You guys have some strange requirements out of your sports show hosts. I've got news for you, most hosts come from somewhere else, that's the nature of the business.

Gallant's fine, he has some good chemistry with Danny. If I had to choose I'd prefer Brock and Salk, but it's just dude's talking Hawks with guests, not really worth getting all worked up about.

You don't like them, listen to KJR in the morning.....you can fall asleep at the wheel from the narcolepsy inducing Hugh Millen breaking down games ad nauseum.

907Hawk

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":1wjxbnhu said:

Danny is most definitely not from NY, get your shit straight if you bad mouthing people. :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
New fans???? Danny is a new fan??? Oh boy...……..
And it's not "loosing" it's LOSING
And here's a great way to solve your dislike of someone on the radio...….wait for it...…..change the channel.
Brock is great, but Salk and his "Look at me, I'm an angry East Coast guy" got old a long time ago. As always, if something is annoying you on the radio, flip the station or throw on some tunes :?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The problem with Gallant isn't where he's from the problem is he's not interesting. I have a feeling a few months from now it will no longer be an issue.

I've always like Danny plus he's a fun follow on Twitter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm trying to give Gallant a grace period, but so far he really hasn't impressed.
But hey, I rarely have to hear the Groz so that's a bonus. Dude should have retired years ago.

Largent80

Reaction score
To me, Salk was unlistenable. Iv'e heard Gallant here near H-Town for a few years, and he's light years better than Salk.

When people subbed for Brock there was zero reasons to listen to that show except when Pete was on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Salk just sounds like an angry 10 year old who didn't get his way. We get is Salk, you are angry and are never happy, even after WINS. Tom Wassell is also extremely annoying. Hearing him and Stacy complain after every WIN basically the entire season......lame.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Bottom line is sports radio in the is town is terrible. Especially so after the NFL shuts down.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkerD":3azpofqn said:
Bottom line is sports radio in the is town is terrible. Especially so after the NFL shuts down.

Is that because sports radio is bad, or because we literally have nothing to get excited and talk about because the Mariners are so bad and we don't have a basketball or hockey team to take us into June.

Yet. Sports radio should get more interesting once the hockey team starts playing (and hopefully a basketball team shortly there after once the new arena opens up).

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
HawkerD":5kwlf4c6 said:

We all have our opinions, but after spending 13 years listening to Dallas "sports" radio, they could loop the Emergency Broadcast Test 24 hours a day, 7 days a week out here and it would be the sound of Angels on High..

Seriously, it was 5 mins of very low knowledge Cowboy talk, 30 mins of fart jokes, and 25 mins of commercials every hour. That is not hyperbole in any way whatsoever.

And when I say Cowboy talk, I mean that's it. Maybe that's why they are so pissed about the playoffs, and firing coaches. I mean, how do you not make the playoffs when you are the only team in the league!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2bxvgdju said:
Salk just sounds like an angry 10 year old who didn't get his way. We get is Salk, you are angry and are never happy, even after WINS. Tom Wassell is also extremely annoying. Hearing him and Stacy complain after every WIN basically the entire season......lame.
So in other words it's like coming in here?

Gibbo

Reaction score
Yeah Gallant is terrible. Constant tries at humour which fall flat but he keeps going with it and it’s just irritating.

I like Danny though.

It’s a shame as I was excited about Salk leaving; I’m even struggling with his podcast. Shouts over Brock who is trying to make a valid football point from his knowledge of playing the game but gets shouted over. His opinion or nothing else.

Anyway I only listen the day after hawks games so I’m not subjected to it much but yeah, it’s not been great.

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":2iq0g5tc said:
I guess he missed out on "the fabulous sports babe".

Pretty sure she eloped with Wayne Cody with New York Vinny as best man.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Frankly, I don't care for Clayton and I'll avoid his show.
I guess we all have different tastes.
I'd like more Dave Wyman and Brock if I had my druthers.Ex players always have an insight that we fans just don't have.

Latest posts