Oh My GAWD !!!! Russell tweets, whatever does he mean?

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I'm not seeing what most of you are getting at. The photo of him is from the Combine. That mixed with the "doubters" why would anyone think this is him being passive-aggressive about his contract?

On a side note, It seems a bit conflicting to post a tweet that combines his eventual "pay day" and Jesus. I mean... really? Give me break. Jesus was poor as hell. And if you believe in that sort of thing, I don't think money was ever his motivation to great things.

Is the off season over yet?! :smilie=angry016.gif:

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
All this cryptic fallderall over Russ' contract is laughable.

It's all a little too cloak and dagger for me.

Russ will be a Seahawk for a long, long time. To think this contract negotiation was going to be moonlight and canoes is naive.

If you're hell bent on worrying, worry about our offensive line.

Rob12

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD":2cdl8ei1 said:
All this cryptic fallderall over Russ' contract is laughable.

It's all a little too cloak and dagger for me.

Russ will be a Seahawk for a long, long time. To think this contract negotiation was going to be moonlight and canoes is naive.

If you're hell bent on worrying, worry about our offensive line.

Not hell bent on anything. But I'll tell you that quite honestly, I am not as confident that a long term deal will get done this offseason. And that's where it gets scary for people.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can't believe that anyone thinks there's a chance we're going to let him walk. So much drama over nothing. If you're one of those people, you should step away from the .NET keyboard for a few weeks...or months.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
:lol:

My god.. the man tweets this crap all the time. If any of you have Facebook/Instagram with that person that posts 3000 motivational quotes and images every day.. that's Russell Wilson on Social Media.

Stop buying into Florio and everyone else trying to make this a much bigger deal than it really is. Russell is not going anywhere.

Exittium

Reaction score
To know, maybe those tweets have something to do with the music studio Russell owns? West2east inc.. Because I believe 6hrs before that tweet there was one he retweeted and favored, with Ryan Lewis, Macklemore, himself , and someone named Preston Pohl, in which he says best studio session in my life...

LTH

Reaction score
Id let RW walk or I would trade him before I would let his contract cripple the team... I'm probably in the minority but thats whats going to happen rather than sign him to a cointract that does not allow for the team to get better...

just my take

LTH

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
LTH":2asqwkg0 said:
Id let RW walk or I would trade him before I would let his contract cripple the team... I'm probably in the minority but thats whats going to happen rather than sign him to a cointract that does not allow for the team to get better...

just my take

LTH

You really want to go back to being a mediocre team? Look at the super bowl winning teams the last 10 years. How many didn't have Elite QBs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
LTH":kdtotxnz said:

just my take

LTH

And that's why you're not an NFL GM.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I dont even see anything negative about the tweet. He's saying he's going to continue to work hard... where's the drama in that? If anything, I take that as a positive tweet.

LTH

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":tiwslx97 said:
LTH":tiwslx97 said:

just my take

LTH

And that's why you're not an NFL GM.

Well No.. Im not an NFL GM because I didnt want to do that... But I get your point...

RW is a great player but... ask the question is his value greater than the team? Is he a product of the philosophy? I cant answer that...be cause I dont know... but Im sure someone is going to rip me good and define it for me... LOL

LTH

Hawkpower

Reaction score
There are a few posters here who do indeed value RW above the team. They are new to the NFL and have become star-struck and don't really get how it all works.

Wilson is a stud and I hope he stays, and I know the FO will do it in such a way that the greater good of the team is kept in mind.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I love the FO. They're so committed to what they do. They KNOW that if they pay him 25MM then the team can't win forever.

If they let him play out his ELC and tag him for two years that's about $16MM per year then they get a 3rd round comp if he walks. JS hit once, and I know he can do it again.

jdblack

Reaction score
rain7":t3esmvw5 said:
...not trying to put wilson down. Just saying that lynch + defense is still better then 70% of the teams out there. By saying this isn't a playoff team, you are devaluing how kick ass those two components are.

The defense wouldn't be affected much if Russ was gone, but did you know if we take away his rushing yards from 2014 regular season we drop from the #1 rushing offense down to #13? Russell was the #16 rusher in regular 2014 season at 849 yards. I love Marshawn, but the stats say we are an average rushing team without Russ.

nanomoz

Reaction score
"Doubted me then. Doubt me now. All I know is the ‪#‎BestIsAhead‬ either way. Sleep if you want to..."

Russell was started as a rookie despite:

1. The relatively low investment placed in him (3rd round pick).
2. Being historically-undersized.
3. A fairly-expensive (in the short term, at least) free agent acquisition just months before his drafting.

I'd be shocked if the above was directed at the franchise. If it is, it's borderline belligerent, and that doesn't sound like Russ. This franchise gave Russell an opportunity that few franchises would have in 2012.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think some of you are being a little obtuse and intentionally reading these a little too literally.

The ones who doubted him "then" (i.e. teams that passed on him on the draft) don't have to be the same ones who are doubting him "now" (i.e. the Seahawks). He is pumping himself up because he feels like his ability is being doubted in the manner it was during the draft. It has nothing to do with the doubters of past and present being the same. It's like when you say, "I'll show them!" and the 'them' doesn't mean anyone in particular.

Anyway, no coincidence that the report out today is that the two sides are tens of millions apart and have hit a wall.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Yeh he deserves to be paid and yeh I'm his second biggest fan (no prizes for his #1) but dude, does this really need to be put on social media? Spare us the teenage-girlesque melodrama.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I don't why but I think this is great ! Want that kinda money throw a few quick slants ! :stirthepot: Way to motivate ! I have zero problem with the FO move on this .

Ambrose83

Reaction score
lukerguy":1pk1omab said:
I love the FO. They're so committed to what they do. They KNOW that if they pay him 25MM then the team can't win forever.

If they let him play out his ELC and tag him for two years that's about $16MM per year then they get a 3rd round comp if he walks. JS hit once, and I know he can do it again.

sorry but no, show me any team that had a elite QB is his prime and let him walk? rodgers? brees? Big Ben? the list goes on and on.. you people that think we are still a SB contender without RW are delusional at best. You do not just draft franchise QBs every draft... ask the browns, jets, titans, Bucs etc how that works out.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1bp4dtb1 said:
I think some of you are being a little obtuse and intentionally reading these a little too literally.

The ones who doubted him "then" (i.e. teams that passed on him on the draft) don't have to be the same ones who are doubting him "now" (i.e. the Seahawks). He is pumping himself up because he feels like his ability is being doubted in the manner it was during the draft. It has nothing to do with the doubters of past and present being the same. It's like when you say, "I'll show them!" and the 'them' doesn't mean anyone in particular.

Anyway, no coincidence that the report out today is that the two sides are tens of millions apart and have hit a wall.

I agree that the first tweet is not necessarily contract-related, but the second one (about gratitude and respect) seems a bit pointed. Ditto with the recent tweet where he said “I'd rather patiently wait & see what God has in store than do something that isn't best for my life."

Latest posts