Officiating

hawk79

Reaction score
Not to sound paranoid, but I can see all this Manning love influencing officiating. Not that the league would like to see it but, how wonderful for the NFL to have Manning win a Super Bowl in the twilight of his career. I just don't trust officiating anymore and my fear is that the Broncos will get the benefit of the doubt on calls. Could be '05 all over again.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
give it a rest...

would be great to enjoy the buildup without all this nonsense

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawk79":rn8fip50 said:
Not to sound paranoid, but I can see all this Manning love influencing officiating. Not that the league would like to see it but, how wonderful for the NFL to have Manning win a Super Bowl in the twilight of his career. I just don't trust officiating anymore and my fear is that the Broncos will get the benefit of the doubt on calls. Could be '05 all over again.
I think the NFL is more than aware they botched XL*, and the nation called them out for it, and to this day are embarrassed by it. Its still a HUGE blackeye for them, It will be brought up again by the networks much to the NFL's ire. I think and I hope they will "let them play" and have the game settled on the field rather than via penalty flag. The NFL knows if they screw Seattle again they will have no integrity left, despite them wanting to get the golden boy one last Lombardi.