OBJ a good fit for Seattle?

JPatera76

Reaction score
And as Seattle fans we’ve seen this too many times now.. (which for me? Whatevs lol)

Seattle will low ball him, and then he’ll go to another team who offered either less or just barely more and then Seattle will say they did their “due diligence and tried their best”.

Fact is if Seattle really wanted him? They would’ve claimed him.

As for people reading well beyond Pete’s not “clue” he literally spoke the truth when he said “you’ll see” and we did Seattle didn’t claim him and he’ll go somewhere else. Just like Pete’s Draft day clue are about as vague and useless as anything else.

Fade

Reaction score
Probably going to sign with the Packers if they want him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JPatera76":5r5q2mx8 said:
And as Seattle fans we’ve seen this too many times now.. (which for me? Whatevs lol)

Seattle will low ball him, and then he’ll go to another team who offered either less or just barely more and then Seattle will say they did their “due diligence and tried their best”.

Fact is if Seattle really wanted him? They would’ve claimed him.

As for people reading well beyond Pete’s not “clue” he literally spoke the truth when he said “you’ll see” and we did Seattle didn’t claim him and he’ll go somewhere else. Just like Pete’s Draft day clue are about as vague and useless as anything else.

There's no lowballing him, you either claim OBJ and pay him the remainder of his 7.5M salary this year.......or hope no one claims him, and then you can lowball him.

But I doubt no one claims him. Too many playoff contenders that need good WR's.

Mizak

Reaction score
If Packers sign him, he can’t play against the Seahawks right?

Oh and Douche Rodgers vs Diva Beckham. That locker room is gonna be on fire.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I stand corrected, he did clear waivers.

We're definitely not getting him now. He'll go to a team with more wins and a better passing game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Surprising that 32 teams passed on the guy. That says a lot imo. Makes me wonder if his agent told teams that it's not a good idea to claim him. Oh well, it was one of those if they do great, if they don't oh well things.

They still could, but it says a lot that nobody swooped in imo. I fully expect the typical "Hawks are stupid" for not signing him comments. Kind of like what happens about every time :mrgreen:

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2c81ltat said:
Surprising that 32 teams passed on the guy. That says a lot imo. Makes me wonder if his agent told teams that it's not a good idea to claim him. Oh well, it was one of those if they do great, if they don't oh well things.

They still could, but it says a lot that nobody swooped in imo. I fully expect the typical "Hawks are stupid" for not signing him comments. Kind of like what happens about every time :mrgreen:

What it says to me is teams don't want to pay the price tag...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And IF he goes to GB.......good luck getting a bunch of targets when they have maybe the best WR in football.
He'll likely be complaining about targets by December.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":2nlp4sn3 said:
SoulfishHawk":2nlp4sn3 said:

LTH

That and agents are very good about making it loud and clear their clients don't want to be claimed by <insert number of teams that might have showed interest in claiming OBJ>.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If he goes to an NFC team, I am going to be livid.

The whole reason to claim him was to keep him off opposing rosters. Who cares if his agent is unhappy?

Then he either balls out for you or has no tape for a year to show for anything before he hits FA.

There are 3-4 teams that he would help tomorrow, which would make it so much harder on us.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6roxfyxn said:
LTH":6roxfyxn said:
SoulfishHawk":6roxfyxn said:

LTH

That and agents are very good about making it loud and clear their clients don't want to be claimed by <insert number of teams that might have showed interest in claiming OBJ>.

I don' think they need him there is plenty enough talent on this O. When the O is clicking there is not a team in the league that can defend the Hawks O... they are that good... it's just a matter of getting it all sorted out...

LTH

Rat

Reaction score
Kind of disappointing, as I thought the gamble made sense for us, but I dont really fault those who dont think he's worth the potential drama.

Maybe we'll have a shot to sign him anyway. His reported preferences are all over, but he seems like the kind of guy who would float a bunch of stories to keep himself more relevant in the news. Or maybe somebody in Green Bay contacted and convinced him. Hard to tell.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Josh Reynolds from the Titans was just granted his release. He's only due 500K the rest of the way. He would be a nice addition imo.

LTH

Reaction score
Rat":3gu57va3 said:
Kind of disappointing, as I thought the gamble made sense for us, but I dont really fault those who dont think he's worth the potential drama.

Maybe we'll have a shot to sign him anyway. His reported preferences are all over, but he seems like the kind of guy who would float a bunch of stories to keep himself more relevant in the news. Or maybe somebody in Green Bay contacted and convinced him. Hard to tell.

If they get him now it will be because he wants to be in Seattle... and IMO that's the way we want it..

LTH

rcaido

Reaction score
Packers have 4.6million in cap space...I wonder if they are willing to spend that much on OBJ or save it for emergency...
Saints have less than a million....Does he want to play for a backup QB?
Chiefs have 2.4million....Chiefs already have weapons, there defense & oline sucking....
Rams 3.1million...i can see the appeal on both sides.
Titans 8million...Contender and Henry out, i can see them trying to get more weapons on offense
Chargers 11million...I think this is where he will go or the Titans, as long as he stays in the AFC im good.

IM still hoping Seahawks just wanted to be cheap and save a couple million. I think he would be great to have for this season. Eskridge, i would probably give very limited snaps to be safe.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":29upftsy said:
Twisted, again......EVERY team passed on him, not just the Hawks.

Just sayin

100% this.
Don't believe he's not worth the $$ and drama? The NFL's 32 teams just answered.....NO!!!

1 million $$ per game your going to pay him as a #3 here in a losing season that you ditched KJ Wright for $3.4M??

Why the hell even consider such insanity?

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2dedfvsk said:
Twisted, again......EVERY team passed on him, not just the Hawks.

Just sayin

Its about the money... who in there right mind would pay him 7.5 mil for half a year that's insane...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Someone will pay him, I don't doubt it. Could he have helped the Hawks? Sure? Could he actually handle not being the main guy? I doubt it.

Latest posts