NFL Officiating continues to be a joke.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Video unavailable to watch on the forum, but just click on "watch on youtube" to watch each one.

3 weeks worth of horrible officiating videos for this season so far, with each video being about 13 minutes long. I'm completely aware that refs make mistakes and are humans but some of these are so insanely egregious that there's absolutely no excuse for that kind of mistake, and they should be suspended/fined/fired. It's getting ridiculous and frustrating at this point, and at one point in time I caught myself reflexively saying "**** you, Roger Gooddell" out loud.

I wish this would stop, as it's seriously ruining the game.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
No I don’t believe they are. They should be tbh
It begs the question -- why not? Is it just easier to pawn off mistakes being made by saying "Well they're not full time"?

I would even venture to ask, is it easier to have a scapegoat excuse to blame egregious calls/no calls when it benefits the style of "keeping it close" for more "entertainment" and sales?

cymatica

Reaction score
Missing calls or calling ticky tack holding is one thing, but completely forgetting the rules then continuing on with the call instead of picking up the flag is inexcusable.

That intentional grounding call on Geno was pure incompetence whether you believe in steering or not, if it was steering then the ref needs to be fired for making it look too obvious

flv2

Reaction score
So the illegal blocking down field penalty on the Lions TD in Week 2 vs the Seahawks was a bad call? Who'd have thought it?

balakoth

Reaction score
So the illegal blocking down field penalty on the Lions TD in Week 2 vs the Seahawks was a bad call? Who'd have thought it?
Some of those were good non calls to be honest in all three videos

Boohman14

Reaction score
Of the "bad calls" in the film clips, many were cited because the idiots commentator's were trying to create controversy. But yes, the refs made a lot of poor calls. The intentional grounding call on Geno was way over the line though.
It's not just NFL. For you Husky fans, (I'm a Cougar so "Huck you") it really looked like the Husky's were getting jobbed in the second half of their Arizona game last night. The PI in the end-zone where the Arizona receiver just flopped( and it looked like a lame over the top acting flop) was called and it looked like tight coverage to me. The mystery holding calls whenever a big play was made in the third and fourth quarter were over the top. They didn't even try to show the "holding" in replay after the early part of the 4th quarter.

Seak

Reaction score
Refs are sort of the elephant in the room
Regular season games im sure they are just doing their job.
playoffs and superbowl.... holy cow thats when they shine

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Just now a terrible spot on a 4th down run by Dobbs where he clearly made it but it was marked short of the 1st down line.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Of the "bad calls" in the film clips, many were cited because the idiots commentator's were trying to create controversy. But yes, the refs made a lot of poor calls. The intentional grounding call on Geno was way over the line though.
It's not just NFL. For you Husky fans, (I'm a Cougar so "Huck you") it really looked like the Husky's were getting jobbed in the second half of their Arizona game last night. The PI in the end-zone where the Arizona receiver just flopped( and it looked like a lame over the top acting flop) was called and it looked like tight coverage to me. The mystery holding calls whenever a big play was made in the third and fourth quarter were over the top. They didn't even try to show the "holding" in replay after the early part of the 4th quarter.
They called the same grounding play on Hurts today when AJ had stopped his route and the ball landed way downfield near no Eagles.

flv2

Reaction score
I certainly agree with the grounding call being an awful call.