NFL Game Pass

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I've seen other threads here discussing how to watch Seahawks games, whether it's worth getting Sunday Ticket, whether a YouTube TV subscription is worthwhile, etc.

I kept quiet about the discussions recently because I was unsure whether the way I've followed Seahawks football since 2019, NFL Game Pass, would even continue to exist for the 2023 season, and even if it did, whether the price would change significantly.

In the last few weeks, I logged in to NFL Game Pass a few times, and I could see that NFL Game Pass had been sold to DAZN, and that I could continue my NFL Game Pass subscription via DAZN. However, the whole DAZN web site looks like something some college kids threw together, and when I tried to find information about how much NFL Game Pass was going to cost on DAZN, I got on-screen messages telling me that the site was unable to access my account information, and assured me that the folks at DAZN were working on the problem.
Today I got an e-mail informing me officially of what I'd discovered myself: I can continue my subscription via DAZN. Even though the last time I had tried was last week, I wondered if the e-mail arriving meant that they had fixed the problems and I'd be able to see a price this time. The link from the e-mail was "expired" (probably what really happened is that I had already created a password on DAZN, and the link was for new users to create passwords), but I did manage to log in by just going to dazn.com's initial page and navigating from there. And it turned out I can indeed see my account info. Renewal is set to happen automatically on the first of August, and it's going to cost me R$384.90 for the year, which is a little more than 80 bucks now that the dollar has fallen well below five Brazilian reais. I had paid US$100 for each of the last few seasons, so less than $85 is a pleasant surprise, especially because it says in multiple places in the e-mail I received and in multiple places on the DAZN web site that the price of NFL Game Pass was frozen at the 2022 price. To me it looks like a discount of close to 20% in dollar terms, despite Brazilian currency having gone up significantly against the dollar in the last few months, but I'm not going to complain.

I hope DAZN can maintain the same quality I got from NFL Game Pass from 2019 to the present. I've always gotten great video quality, and in Brazil there have been no games blacked out at all (I read in NFL Game Pass materials that in the U.K., NFL Game Pass did have some games blacked out), so I've been able to watch any NFL game, from preseason through the Super Bowl, live with commercials (it's weird, but the commercials are actually a positive for me, because it makes me feel like I'm at the house where I grew up in Maine watching the games with my mom) or, after a game has ended, I can watch the whole thing without commercials, a 40-minute version, or a ten-minute condensed version. I also get access to NFL Network (I haven't really used that, but it's there if I want it) and NFL Red Zone.

For those outside the USA looking for a good way to watch Seahawks games, I can recommend NFL Game Pass. Check if there are any blackout restrictions in your country. It looks like NFL Game Pass is only available outside the USA (it looks like those who had NFL Game Pass in the USA when it was available there got moved to NFL+ Premium), and it's important for those outside the USA to be aware that for as long as I've been a subscriber, there have been some restrictions on where NFL Game Pass subscribers could be when they watched games. I have been a subscriber since 2019, and I haven't been able to use NFL Game Pass to watch games when I've been in the USA. For example, I was in the USA in October of 2019 and October of 2021, and Game Pass was blocked in the USA. Because part of the NFL Game Pass user agreement said I agreed not use VPNs to fool Game Pass about where I was, and because I didn't want to take any risk of being banned from NFL Game Pass because the service has been so good for me, I don't think I ever tried to access NFL Game Pass through any of the free VPNs I've used. I did try to use VPNs to fool KIRO into thinking I was within 100 miles of the CLink (now Lumen Field), but none of the free VPNs I tried fooled KIRO, so instead of being able to hear Raible call Seahawks games, I had to live with network dip$#!+s like Aikman, (dum)B(f)uck, and the personification of the "senior moment," a.k.a. Dick Stockton.

Because I just did what reads like a commercial for NFL Game Pass, I want to make a point of saying here that I am not affiliated with NFL Game Pass or DAZN in any way other than being subscriber to NFL Game Pass, and I pay for my subscription. I'm just a customer who's been very satisfied with NFL Game Pass in 2019-2023 and hopes to continue to be satisfied with it now that it's under the DAZN umbrella.

OP
OP
Lagartixa

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Yeah, gang. I know what a VPN is :rolleyes: . I even mentioned it in my original post. At the job I had in 2001-2003, I designed a solution (for a customer) that used a VPN, which we called a "cryptographic tunnel." For several years I used a VPN provided by the University of São Paulo to put my machine on networks inside the university so I could have remote access to all the academic journals to which the university subscribes. Academic publishers automatically gave access to those with IP addresses that were allocated to subscribing universities. It was nice to be able to grab journal articles without having to physically go to the university campus. Now I use Sci-Hub, and I don't feel the least bit bad about it. I believe that in the not-too-distant future, for-profit academic publishers will go extinct, or close enough to it that they won't be able to hold back academic endeavor for their own profit on anything close to the scale at which they do that today.

I didn't even try to fool NFL Game Pass about where I was because big corporations also know what VPNs are and have been finding ways to figure out who's using one. Because part of the user agreement nobody reads specifically said I was agreeing that I wouldn't use a VPN to fool NFL Game Pass about my location, I didn't want to risk having my access cut off. The difference between the quality and availability of video of all games on NFL Game Pass and those of the pirate streams on which I watched Seahawks games in 2012-2018 has been well worth the hundred bucks I've paid per year for NFL Game Pass, so I didn't want to risk getting banned for breaking the user agreement.
Even though I've been a Seahawks fan since 1976, the first time I was actually able to watch every Seahawks game (preseason, regular season, and postseason) was 2019, my first season with NFL Game Pass. I'll admit I wasn't watching the preseason games very carefully, often working with the game on, but I did have them on so I could see some specific players. And watching every game was awesome. When I was dependent on pirate streams, I sometimes couldn't get a reliable stream, so I'd miss chunks of the game trying to get on another one. And many times, I could get a stream, but the video quality was crap, visibly so even on the 13" screens of the laptops I used. It's well worth a hundred bucks a year to me to have good-on-a-50-inch-screen video streams that almost never go blocky or freeze.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
You know who you WON'T see on game pass? Trey Lance, you will NOT see Trey Lance on game pass!

Well, unless he's playing the clipboard position...

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Yeah, YouTube TV or Fubo is your best bet for Hawk games if you don’t live locally I would imagine. I have Fubo and it’s decent tbh. With preseason a month away you need to be on top of it guy

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
I watched the HOF game live but fell asleep through part of it and missed the lights issue. There have been complaints. I did not have a problem and these appear to be confined to the US, particulary anyone trying to pretend to be in another Country to avoid blackouts.

With the old Game Pass. I used to laugh when in running gambling was advertised and in the small print, it was stated only available in the UK and Sweden.

Torc

Reaction score
We're looking at the NFL+ package. $40/$80 for the year seems pretty reasonable for us. We live in vancouver (WA) and watch the games over the air, but some days have a hard time tuning in the TV. being able to use ipads to watch is an annoying but acceptable fallback.

I'm wondering how that'll play out - the NFL+ site lists Apple TV as a compatible device, but that's not a 'mobile' device. I'm not sure if the Seahawks will be 'local' games for us - we're not in the immediate Seattle area but the Hawks are the regional team.

Has anyone tried it, especially someone outside the Seattle Metro area?

bileever

Reaction score
We're looking at the NFL+ package. $40/$80 for the year seems pretty reasonable for us. We live in vancouver (WA) and watch the games over the air, but some days have a hard time tuning in the TV. being able to use ipads to watch is an annoying but acceptable fallback.

I'm wondering how that'll play out - the NFL+ site lists Apple TV as a compatible device, but that's not a 'mobile' device. I'm not sure if the Seahawks will be 'local' games for us - we're not in the immediate Seattle area but the Hawks are the regional team.

Has anyone tried it, especially someone outside the Seattle Metro area?
I am a big fan of NFL+ (formerly NFL GamePass in the US). It is a low-cost alternative. Until last year, you could not watch live games, only AFTER it was over. Even with the live option, I still tend to watch games after they're over because of whatever family obligation that always seems to come up on Sundays. You can also watch it after it's over without the commercials, so it's quicker.

Yes, Apple TV has an NFL+ app, but I don't believe that you can watch games live on Apple TV or the computer, just on mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets.

On NFL+, you can watch not only the Seahawks game, but every game. Makes it easy to hate watch the 49ers. (And the Broncos.) My daughter also comes over to watch the Jets game. (Yes, unfortunately she is a Jets fan--she grew up in NY.) I also like the fact that you can go back and watch any game from 2009 to now, regular season or playoffs.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm giving YouTube TV a try this season. Sunday Ticket isn't cheap but it's the price I gotta pay for living in Iggles, Stealers, Ravens territory. I estimate in my market about 10 of our 17 games won't be televised. It would normally be more, but it just happens we're playing the aforementioned 3 teams. So, I will be paying over $30 a game to watch the Hawks on YTTV. Yea, we better do a whole lot of winning this year.

eo620

Reaction score
Look into IPTV services. I pay approx $6.00/month for hundreds of FOX/CBS/NBC channels. I'm in NC. I watched last week on Seattle NBC feed. You need to manipulate an Amazon Firestick (easy) but from there you may be OK

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
I have just watched the replays of a few games.

Things that I noticed were.

To get the full game reply you have to click on a drop down box further down the screen.

The full games are all 4.07.00 in length. Watching only 3 or so hours after the end, the editing may not have been completed.

There is a 13 minute or so pre-amble where nothing is happening.

You cannot get rid of the ad aimed at UK viewers to win a trip to watch the Jets.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I am a big fan of NFL+ (formerly NFL GamePass in the US). It is a low-cost alternative. Until last year, you could not watch live games, only AFTER it was over. Even with the live option, I still tend to watch games after they're over because of whatever family obligation that always seems to come up on Sundays. You can also watch it after it's over without the commercials, so it's quicker.

Yes, Apple TV has an NFL+ app, but I don't believe that you can watch games live on Apple TV or the computer, just on mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets.

On NFL+, you can watch not only the Seahawks game, but every game. Makes it easy to hate watch the 49ers. (And the Broncos.) My daughter also comes over to watch the Jets game. (Yes, unfortunately she is a Jets fan--she grew up in NY.) I also like the fact that you can go back and watch any game from 2009 to now, regular season or playoffs.
Nfl plus did not offer every regular season live game. It offers what the tv market in your area shows you live, plus last year threw in tnf (no need for Amazon Prime) and mnf main feed (not manningcast).

bileever

Reaction score
Nfl plus did not offer every regular season live game. It offers what the tv market in your area shows you live, plus last year threw in tnf (no need for Amazon Prime) and mnf main feed (not manningcast).
Yes, you're right. It was mainly the prime time games that you could watch live, but only on your phone or tablet. The product is not optimal, you still have to have something else to watch live games.

NFL+ works best for fans of east coast teams living on the west coast. A friend who is a Giants fan says he never got used to 10am games, and didn't feel like you could have a beer during a 10am game. So on NFL+, he can watch the game after 1pm (and drink his beer).

eo620

Reaction score
Which IPTV service?
From what I've observed, they're all pretty reliable. I'm hesitant to be specific on the one I use for fear of being shut down. IPTV is not illegal but big cable will always be looking to shut it down

eo620

Reaction score
Bottom line kids ... do your homework. The answer is out there.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I get YTTV for the football season it’s the only live tv I ever watch and once the Superbowl is over I cancel and start it back up in September. I would rather watch on NFL ticket on my living room tv and not an IPad or computer.