NFL going to rig an NFCCG rematch?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3tuwmn8h said:
MizzouHawkGal":3tuwmn8h said:
I know, hence the heads up my friend. It's going to be epic. Just believe it and enjoy because we have the best quarterback in the game not named Brady.

We got this.

Oh I'm down witcha Mizzy. Kinda wish we had ML or Rawls toting the ball but it is what it is now. Like I mentioned in the predict-a-thread, I was more worried about todays game than heading to Carolina.

This Seahawk team we root for is very, VERY good.
True, true but CM is doing the job just fine. No fumbling and just making sure they can't just blitz Russell. We only go as far as he carries us at this point anyway and I'm thinking all the way to Santa Clara given that insane Fran Tarkenton play to Lockett today. Anyone else would have been sacked and our season done. But not Russell he throws a floater to my Kansas State stud and nearly scores a touchdown right there.

olyfan63

Reaction score
While I thought the Kam PI call was borderline, it was plausible to a ref trying to sort out colliding bodies and feeling a call should be made.

I do think the NFL has subtle but effective ways of "influencing" games, when they choose, but I didn't see much of that occurring in this game.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":15scigln said:
I think we'd hammer the Packers in Lambeau, but it'll probably be cold as balls and we saw what that did to the offense today. Would rather play in sunny Glendale where we can spank captain bloodpressure and his boys in Red again.

I think this last experience in Minneapolis will help the Seahawks offensive players and coaches make better adjustments for playing in the cold temperatures if that happens. They'll know which play calls work better, prepare for sending plays in by hand signals if the communications equipment fails again, etc.

253hawk

Reaction score
If Rodgers keeps getting to throw TD's on plays that should have been whistled dead...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2w1e5nuq said:
The NFL doesnt rig anything. I dont understand why you would watch if you truely think it is rigged?.

Because this is Seattle, we have the most paranoid tin foil hat wearing fans in the NFL.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1dpn6432 said:
tacoma248":1dpn6432 said:
JSeahawks":1dpn6432 said:
The NFL doesnt rig anything. I dont understand why you would watch if you truely think it is rigged?

But to answer your question, i hope so. I think we'd smash this current GB Team.

I think they have a vested interest in certain games.
Yep, that's why you need to get a nice lead early and hang on, if it's close, you can expect some zebra shenanigans like the Kam PI call today. That's why I don't like our OC spotting teams quarters and halves, because it leaves the zebra door wide open.

The call on Kam was correct.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2eugtjez said:
The NFL doesnt rig anything. I dont understand why you would watch if you truely think it is rigged?

But to answer your question, i hope so. I think we'd smash this current GB Team.
Sure they don't they probably have zero influence with all the tv money and advertising they get .... These are not the droids your looking for . I never thought they did until XL after that game I'm always skeptical

BlueTalon

Reaction score
After this weekend, I think a Seahawks-Cardinals matchup would draw at least as well as a Seahawks-Packers game. Given how we blew out the Vikings earlier in their house and barely squeaked by in the rematch, a lot of people would be interested to see how a [email protected] would look.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":3lppzuts said:
Sports Hernia":3lppzuts said:
tacoma248":3lppzuts said:
JSeahawks":3lppzuts said:

I think they have a vested interest in certain games.
Yep, that's why you need to get a nice lead early and hang on, if it's close, you can expect some zebra shenanigans like the Kam PI call today. That's why I don't like our OC spotting teams quarters and halves, because it leaves the zebra door wide open.

The call on Kam was NOT correct.

Fixed it for you.

Hawks46

Reaction score
olyfan63":38cr39zo said:
While I thought the Kam PI call was borderline, it was plausible to a ref trying to sort out colliding bodies and feeling a call should be made.

I do think the NFL has subtle but effective ways of "influencing" games, when they choose, but I didn't see much of that occurring in this game.

It was the wrong call, but still a penalty. Kam didn't try to knock the receiver off of the rotue, and didn't try to redirect him or hold him, all of which constitute DPI. It should've been illegal contact. Still a 1st down.

The call on Sherman earlier was more ridiculous.

OP
OP
T

tacoma248

Reaction score
To anyone who thinks the NFL doesn't push buttons on certain games, I ask you, can you name a single multi-billion dollar corporation that doesn't protect their interests? We love the game of football, but come on, it's a game to us, a business to them. They need to protect and enhance their product. They need to advance storylines. I mean, didn't you see all the holding calls the Packers got away with against Washington? Why did that happen? Because the NFL doesn't want Washington advancing, it makes better ratings if Green Bay does.

Another example, do you think it's just a coincidence that refs protect top QB's? Absolutely not. In order for the NFL to preserve its product, they need top QB's on the field. No offense to someone like Josh McCown, but no one really cares if he goes down for the year. The NFL can't allow injuries to players like Brady, Manning Rodgers, and even Wilson now. Wilson's been getting increasing preferential treatment over time, as he should.

I'm calling it, we are going back to Green Bay for the NFCCG. I think this is what the NFL wants. They know Green Bay will be thirsting for revenge this time around, and it'll be in their house.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/footballzebras/status/686708555848761344[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/686717362796548096[/tweet]

getnasty

Reaction score
The NFL doesn't rig anything.The same people complaining about the Kam PI are saying it's rigged, but do really think the NFL would want Minnesota to win? Wait maybe they secretly paid Jeremy Hill to fumble and Blair Walsh to shank the kick. Like the guy earlier said, why would you watch if you thought it was rigged.