NFL admits missed calls against the Saints.

Hawks46

Reaction score
pmedic920":3hsx6kzs said:
IMHO, all 3 of those had a significant Impact on the game.

I also saw RW get hands to the face on the final drive. I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned along with these.

This is what really bothers me about the NFL lately. It's like they go off of a QB's hysical stature or something. Wilson gets hit in the head with helmet to helmets a LOT. I don't even think it's intentional as he's 5'11" but it's still illegal and never gets called. Newton had a no call on Campbell where Calais went for his legs. Brady gets that call all day long.

While Pete has the NFL in an amicable mood, he needs to send some tape of Rams and Cards games (Cards aren't so bad but Rams are continually doing it). It's gamesmanship that Bellichick would surely do.

I'm also tired of continually seeing our guys get face masked out in the open and no calls on that. Shouldn't that be an obvious one ?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawks46":2csrciez said:
pmedic920":2csrciez said:
IMHO, all 3 of those had a significant Impact on the game.

I also saw RW get hands to the face on the final drive. I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned along with these.

This is what really bothers me about the NFL lately. It's like they go off of a QB's hysical stature or something. Wilson gets hit in the head with helmet to helmets a LOT. I don't even think it's intentional as he's 5'11" but it's still illegal and never gets called. Newton had a no call on Campbell where Calais went for his legs. Brady gets that call all day long.

While Pete has the NFL in an amicable mood, he needs to send some tape of Rams and Cards games (Cards aren't so bad but Rams are continually doing it). It's gamesmanship that Bellichick would surely do.

I'm also tired of continually seeing our guys get face masked out in the open and no calls on that. Shouldn't that be an obvious one ?

Crying like a whiny baby must work.

Arians did/does it and look at all of the crap DB calls we get called the following week.

Guess Pete knows what he needs to do

KillerB

Reaction score
Blown ref calls account for 17 points in a 5-point game, the league says, "whoopsies". Sounds about right.

OrFan

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2560ohtk said:
FlyingGreg":2560ohtk said:
Pointless to admit they blew calls unless the crew gets reprimanded.

It's a placebo.

They do, to a degree. The crews with the worst marks aren't eligible to ref in the playoffs.

Right, and that is how we ended up with such a good crew in XL.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1w40wsnr said:
That apology and $2.75 will buy you a cup of coffee.
They're going to pretend that they made a few mistakes, but there was too many blatant calls/non-calls on their part to have just been random screw-ups, or coincidences.

You're saying the apology is worth $3.00?