NFL admits missed calls against the Saints.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Maybe this means the refs will be generous next week. The league won't want two weeks in a row of this publicity.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They admit the problem but don't take any responsibility to correct the problems. This is has been going for many years...so the problem still continues.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Just FYI...If you are stopped by the pay wall you can right click and open in an incognito window.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
sickening, and only pointing out what anybody with eyes could have pointed out themselves. At least they admitted the obvious, now if they would do something about it.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Whoop de doo.
Goodell and his band of merry misfits can kiss my ass.

pmedic920

Reaction score
IMHO, all 3 of those had a significant Impact on the game.

I also saw RW get hands to the face on the final drive. I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned along with these.

chris98251

Reaction score
So the Officials changed the outcome of a game but not to our favor, nice to know were 5-1-1-1

Wins, losses, ties, Wins by the NFL .

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That apology and $2.75 will buy you a cup of coffee.
They're going to pretend that they made a few mistakes, but there was too many blatant calls/non-calls on their part to have just been random screw-ups, or coincidences.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Anyone know if Saints asked NFL to look at any questionable calls that went against them, and if so, what calls went for Seattle that shouldn't have?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Man, I thought I read in here that the refs had NOTHING to do with our loss and all of us upset were weak?

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
So, 3 Saint scoring drives - each of which had a drive extending Seahawk penalty or egregious non PI call on 3rd down. All of which the NFL now admits were incorrect. Likely leading to at least 10 gifted points. Nice. :pukeface:

Not to mention that if just 1 of the above situations would not have occurred, Seattle would only have needed a FG at the end of the game to win.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Geez if we were able to get even one of those missed calls we probably win the game.

Still doesn't excuse the poor offensive execution. Hawks should have put up at least 30 on that defense.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
12thbrah":37fhupws said:
Geez if we were able to get even one of those missed calls we probably win the game.

Still doesn't excuse the poor offensive execution. Hawks should have put up at least 30 on that defense.

Even if we don't get the calls but the clock stops like it is soppose to.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The NFL says "Ooops we screwed-up" an awful lot. It is lip service, changes nothing in the reality that lousy refereeing and impossibly weak timing management by the game crew responsible for that game had an effect on the outcome of the game. Nice to know I suppose but make you wonder how many other calls the league knows of that are dubious.

Seems to me this is another indictment of a non-professional referee system providing refereeing a pro game. Nothing will change until the league changes the system. Simplifying the rules would help and might even allow some penalty equity between the hawks and other team's as it is statistically impossible the Hawks could be that different to every other team every year.

Going cheap leads to cheap results. Besides that, Hoculi's crew is always terrible; there are always calls made, or calls not made that make you realize how poorly the NFL referees their games. new orleans was another in a long line of poorly refereed games by that crew.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Yet the Cowboys Oline is holding on every other play blatantly and rarely gets called.

Latest posts